Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 AM

412 posts, read 679,961 times

Advertisements

There were several people at the gym yesterday who had cell phones stolen out of their lockers yesterday... none of them had locks on their lockers.
I got done working out and came back to my locker only to see the lock and handle ripped clean off my locker. (If it's who I think it was, they had seen me on my brand new iPhone.) I'm assuming they were after the phone but couldn't find it since I was listening to music while running.
Long story short, my wallet was gone along with $40 in cash for dinner and 12 credit/debit cards-- both personal and business, and my ID. So while my friends were out to dinner, I was home canceling all the cards.
They guy at the gym said he had NEVER seen a lock and handle ripped clean off...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:03 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,273,979 times
That really sucks. Sorry you went thru that.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:26 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,033,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esnox82 View Post
There were several people at the gym yesterday who had cell phones stolen out of their lockers yesterday... none of them had locks on their lockers.
I got done working out and came back to my locker only to see the lock and handle ripped clean off my locker. (If it's who I think it was, they had seen me on my brand new iPhone.) I'm assuming they were after the phone but couldn't find it since I was listening to music while running.
Long story short, my wallet was gone along with $40 in cash for dinner and 12 credit/debit cards-- both personal and business, and my ID. So while my friends were out to dinner, I was home canceling all the cards.
They guy at the gym said he had NEVER seen a lock and handle ripped clean off...
That's awful! Hopefully, you were able to get things resolved with the credit card companies

Old 01-22-2012, 10:33 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,254,457 times
Quote:
That would certainly ruin my day. The person you suspect I'm guessing is a strong person capable of Ripping handle and lock off a door.

Sorry you're dealing with loss of wallet contents. Did you mention your suspect to gym management?

Old 01-22-2012, 10:38 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,281,271 times
Quote:

That's horrible!!!! Sorry that you have such a mess to deal with.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 PM

You jinxed me, esnox. DH just called - he lost the debit card while he was out this morning. Who wants to be it'll be found by morning? It has been cancelled.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:26 PM

So here I am applying to jobs which require my college transcripts ... I already have several copies of my Bachelors and Masters transcripts but needed to order transcripts showing the 6 units I completed for continuing education at one of our state colleges up north. They actually want 8 dollars per transcript, which is double the price for my MS and BA transcripts PLUS $15 dollars handling! So I had to shell out $55 just to order 5 copies of transcripts only showing 6 units of graduate coursework!

Old 01-22-2012, 05:35 PM

OH, man...that's ridiculous!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 AM

356 posts, read 830,358 times
I vented earlier on this thread about my job.. it's getting worse every day. Today I was blindsided by the 'duo'. I've been written up about my attitude, & i'm dying to find another place to work. I've been looking for over 6 months now and I do have an interview but it just doesn't mean anything. I've already gone to several over the time. I'm registered with 12 different staffing agencies who consistantly blow me off with the old 'nothing new here'. I'm frustrated with them, trying to remain positive about tomorrow, and in the meantime I have to be plastered with a fake happy attitude while I am at my current job. I've been here for 4+ years and should be respected alot more than the pieces of dirt stuck to thier shoes. It's so hard to not tell them to F off and walk.

Please god -- SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE SOON!!

Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 PM

AAAAAAAAAH! I just wasted 30 minutes of my time trying to open my mailbox due to the idiotic mail carrier cramming a package that should have NEVER been stuffed in there. After nearly breaking my lock, I finally got the mailbox open but could not get the package out. I had to literally unpackage the darned thing so I could get it out. Plus, it was a fragile item (gift coffee cup) which I paid $13 plus shipping! Thank GOD I got the thing out without breaking it or the lock on my mailbox! Geez Louise! There was CLEAR instructions to leave at door if not home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics