Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 07:01 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,576,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Thanks Ans ... I was just venting but at least the jury service is postponed so I don't have to worry about it for another few months .... I do need to finish preparing for my upcoming interview and I just pray it goes well .... Trying to keep from being nervous.
You have such a sunny disposition that I can't help but be positive about the outcome...hang in there and I'll be thinking of you!

Old 01-29-2012, 07:09 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,991,548 times
Chatteress, I was gonna suggest that you contact the court administrator by phone, no telling who got your letter. I hope you can get it changed ok. The main problem with people is government is their I don't care attitude. They do as little as they can, often have a surly attitude and figure it would take an act of god to get them fired. I've run across it so many times when calling the city or county for something. And at the VA hospital thats a way of life.

Peeve: When a thread in the mental health forum section is closed without good reason. It's suppose to be a help forum, it should be possible for an OP to speak of having bad thoughts without them immediately closing the thread. It's not like the person was threatening immediate harm to themselves, they just have a constant struggle with bad thoughts and wondered how others deal with it. If people can't discuss delicate topics there why even have that section at all. Who's going to want to write a long post and pour out their feelings only to have the thread closed because it has delicate topics in it, not me. As long as one is not threatening immediate harm, the topic should not be closed. Thoughts of that nature are part of severe depression, people should have the right to discuss what they are feeling if they can't do that then get rid of that section all together.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:24 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,033,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Chatteress, I was gonna suggest that you contact the court administrator by phone, no telling who got your letter. I hope you can get it changed ok. The main problem with people is government is their I don't care attitude. They do as little as they can, often have a surly attitude and figure it would take an act of god to get them fired. I've run across it so many times when calling the city or county for something. And at the VA hospital thats a way of life.
When I got my original summons, I had a devil of a time just trying to get a hold of someone ... Now that my work schedule pretty much takes up business hours, I will have to figure out a way to contact them. I'm appalled that they have zero regard over the fact that a juror's employer does not pay for the time that they are serving and will only compensate someone 15 dollars per day! That is slave wages! Plus, I have NO guarantee of a job after May, a fact that I stated in my letter but yet, they are willing to have me go without pay during the time that I'm earning money?! I'm going to keep a positive outlook but having done a year on unemployment, I want to work whatever hours are given to me and save up for the lean times as our governor is threatening to cut (yet again) education.
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Peeve: When a thread in the mental health forum section is closed without good reason. It's suppose to be a help forum, it should be possible for an OP to speak of having bad thoughts without them immediately closing the thread. It's not like the person was threatening immediate harm to themselves, they just have a constant struggle with bad thoughts and wondered how others deal with it. If people can't discuss delicate topics there why even have that section at all. Who's going to want to write a long post and pour out their feelings only to have the thread closed because it has delicate topics in it, not me. As long as one is not threatening immediate harm, the topic should not be closed. Thoughts of that nature are part of severe depression, people should have the right to discuss what they are feeling if they can't do that then get rid of that section all together.
That is frustrating Todd ... I'm not sure why they closed the thread but I would contact the moderator to see if they are willing to shed some light as to why the thread had to be closed. Based upon my nearly 4 years of being a member on here, I would be cautious about using this site to pour out your heart because there are so many juvenile, insensitive posters lurking on this site. I don't know what area you live in but many counties offer mental health services for those who are uninsured or cannot afford services.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:27 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,576,299 times
I've never been to the mental health forum todd...but I agree with you that it does help when one is allowed to express their emotional struggles and pain.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:05 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,273,979 times
Quote:
In case anyone cares, I managed to postpone my jury duty service til the end of May and was able to put in a transfer request ... The postponement was easy but the transfer request still has to be approved. I pray that these heartless government bureaucrats do not deny me considering the fact that the "10 miles" journey to Compton requires multiple modes of transit and will involve leaving my home 2 hours early to be on time ... Not to mention walking around downtown Compton early in the morning and late in the afternoon ... Not comfortable with this at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I for one cares a lot Chatt...what a predicament! I pray that you be granted the transfer request. Meanwhile...try to relax and don't let the stress get to you. Have a good evening my friend!
Me, too, Chatt.

Quote:
Thanks Ans ... I was just venting but at least the jury service is postponed so I don't have to worry about it for another few months .... I do need to finish preparing for my upcoming interview and I just pray it goes well .... Trying to keep from being nervous.
THat's cool...we have your back. ANd we give recommendations, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
You have such a sunny disposition that I can't help but be positive about the outcome...hang in there and I'll be thinking of you!
I agree...you'll be fine.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:55 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,900,628 times
Change is plans! Today was NOT the day that the yard maintenance guy was supposed to come however he showed up early and told me he was reorganizing his scheduled service and would be back at 10am. It’s now 3pm and he’s not back.

Saturday I just left the house to make a meeting with a special group and I not sooner got out of the house at 9:30 when the FEDEX man stopped by to deliver a package of goods that I ordered. I was gone, so he left a note saying they would be back on Monday. I’m still waiting this afternoon for the Fedex guy who has always been in the area in the morning hours. “smack:

Why can’t other people simply be where they need to be?????

Old 01-30-2012, 03:04 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,273,979 times
Just because.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:17 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,834,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Just because.
Good answer. I was at the walk-in clinic on the weekend, and the scheduled Dr. arrived fifty minutes late. Most folks in the line up had been standing at least an hour or more. At the same time he was unlocking the door, he was telling someone on his cell phone that he had slept in and was only working at the walk in.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,033,058 times
Quote:
In case anyone cares, I managed to postpone my jury duty service til the end of May and was able to put in a transfer request ... The postponement was easy but the transfer request still has to be approved. I pray that these heartless government bureaucrats do not deny me considering the fact that the "10 miles" journey to Compton requires multiple modes of transit and will involve leaving my home 2 hours early to be on time ... Not to mention walking around downtown Compton early in the morning and late in the afternoon ... Not comfortable with this at all!
*sigh* The stupid court DENIED my transfer request so I guess I'm required by law to commute via mass transit to Compton, an area I am UNCOMFORTABLE walking in ... I guess they don't care that I have to commute 2 hours each way NOR do they care that I'm a female being forced to report in a sketchy area

Old 01-31-2012, 03:19 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,991,548 times
Quote:
That is frustrating Todd ... I'm not sure why they closed the thread but I would contact the moderator to see if they are willing to shed some light as to why the thread had to be closed. Based upon my nearly 4 years of being a member on here, I would be cautious about using this site to pour out your heart because there are so many juvenile, insensitive posters lurking on this site. I don't know what area you live in but many counties offer mental health services for those who are uninsured or cannot afford services.
It wasn't my thread but I can relate to how this person feels. I can go to the VA for care as I'm a service connected vet, but the care there is much like you get dealing with trying to get your summons changed. When people don't care why bother. There really isn't a lot available for uninsured people unless they are on medicaid. Places that charge based on income are still way to much for most if they are barely making it. For example, they wanted 60 bucks an hour to talk to some counselor with a Master's degree, and that was years ago. There are many people out there that fall through the cracks. But as they are lower case people it won't ever be on page 1.

I'm sorry they denied your change, I don't understand that at all. Would a note from your doctor help? I wondered if there was a legal aid place that might be able to write you a letter. Sometimes newspapers like these kinds of stories too. Or maybe you could talk to the local councilman in your district. Just seems ridiculous, but logic and government seldom go hand in hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics