Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 11:38 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,043,023 times

Advertisements

I thought my dog that had the stroke was getting better, she was walking much better, her head wasn't tilted anymore and eating well. She had right side heart failure tonight, rushed her to the vet, she died on the way.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:37 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,518,194 times
I'm so sorry toddOO. I know how upsetting it is to lose a loved animal.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:17 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,361,216 times
Sorry to hear it Todd! I love the dogs and it's sad to lose an old friend. I've lost a few..

Old 01-24-2012, 02:47 AM

34,430 posts, read 20,690,638 times
Sorry to hear that todd. I know the feeling. Our old female GSD had strokes or something and went blind from it.

She was very calm and gentle giant. She would walk up and put her chin on my knee and just look at me with those big brown eyes. I was okay at the vet until I told her goodbye. Then I lost it.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:00 AM

Thanks all. I still feel in shock over it. This happened pretty late I didnt get over there till about 1030pm. I pulled over when I knew she was dying, called my vet who was meeting me at the clinic. Only good about this place is I have a decent vet.

Good thing I was up, about an hour ago I heard a noise and the dogs barked and my electric heater was burning at the plug. It cut off the breaker but if I hadnt noticed it, heaven knows what would have happened. So sure it could have been much worse than ruining my 150 buck heater I just bought. At least the wind isnt blowing for a change. That slime ball that stole my money was suppose to get things fixed for me here so I'd have it better this winter, The ripples of the damage run deep. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to say, even just once, it couldnt have been better rather than it could have been worse.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:46 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,870,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I thought my dog that had the stroke was getting better, she was walking much better, her head wasn't tilted anymore and eating well. She had right side heart failure tonight, rushed her to the vet, she died on the way.
Todd I am so very sorry to hear that. Hugs to you. Rest assured that she knew how much you loved her and cared for her. Your compassion for animals is really quite wonderful, and a very special part of your spirit as a human. Never lose sight of that.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:13 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,582,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
That's my plan for tomorrow ... Rough week ... Trying to get used to commuting an average of 5-6 hours to work .... Hey ... At least I have more hours but getting home around 7-8pm when I leave my home around 5:30-615am is draining ... At least this is only a few months .... Have an interview for a full-time position on the 1st.... Let's see how it goes ....
Wishing you the best of luck on your interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by esnox82 View Post
There were several people at the gym yesterday who had cell phones stolen out of their lockers yesterday... none of them had locks on their lockers.
I got done working out and came back to my locker only to see the lock and handle ripped clean off my locker. (If it's who I think it was, they had seen me on my brand new iPhone.) I'm assuming they were after the phone but couldn't find it since I was listening to music while running.
Long story short, my wallet was gone along with $40 in cash for dinner and 12 credit/debit cards-- both personal and business, and my ID. So while my friends were out to dinner, I was home canceling all the cards.
They guy at the gym said he had NEVER seen a lock and handle ripped clean off...
That just stinks. What a major pain. When I used to go tot he gym, I left my purse in my car. I felt it was safer

Quote:
Oh todd...I am so sorry to hear about your girl.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 23 days ago)

4,736 posts, read 3,318,127 times
Quote:
Todd I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are so special and it hurts so badly when we have to let them go. I know your dog was very lucky to have you for her dog dad!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2012, 10:58 PM

Thanks, its makes me cry when I read your posts. I still gotta fix that heater thing, least been some warmer today, I slept like a rock and have had anxiety problems since I got up. Sorry to complain but to anyone that knows how this affects people and controls ones life, they will surely understand.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:16 AM

27,073 posts, read 12,115,367 times
So very hard to lose such a good friend...sorry to hear it, todd00.
All us animal lovers/owners know how painful it is... but you will have good memories to comfort you...

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics