Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 07:21 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times

Advertisements

^^^ I don't have a door bell at all!! Anybody who knows us would just go to the back door,
and walk in. If the TV is on, we can't hear anybody who knocks at the front door. Saves
having to deal with pests!!!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,698,138 times
Why does my son have to cause me aggravation! He is a grown man and keeps doing stupid stuff and doesn't think it affects other people..well he is wrong and I am tired of it!!!! Yes, I've told him what I think if anyone is wondering and it goes in one ear and out the other.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:48 AM

I came to the conclusion many years ago, studying myself, and other members of my
sex, that there is not one word that comes out of our mouths worth listening to, until
we are at least 30. We tend to grow up very slowly mentally!!

Old 01-29-2012, 10:23 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Nice to see you, Dave. Did the Mrs. take back the remote???

Old 01-29-2012, 02:08 PM

I'll have you know Nomoresnow, that I and I alone is master of the remote control! We
are in bed at the moment, the TV is on as Judy is watching Dancing On Ice. The remote
is on top of the bed exactly in the middle between us....... Well, on closer examination,
it is slighty closer to Judy - but only because I allow this to be so!!!

Old 01-29-2012, 03:39 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Yes, Master!

Old 01-29-2012, 06:01 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,572,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I'll have you know Nomoresnow, that I and I alone is master of the remote control! We
are in bed at the moment, the TV is on as Judy is watching Dancing On Ice. The remote
is on top of the bed exactly in the middle between us....... Well, on closer examination,
it is slighty closer to Judy - but only because I allow this to be so!!!
Hahahaha!!! you funny Davey! I wonder if Judy sees what you post here...

Old 01-29-2012, 06:27 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I hear ya ... Tough being single and living alone

My stress of the day is that I got another jury summons as my request for excuse due to financial hardship was denied even though I may not have work after May. I CLEARLY indicated that should my request be denied, I need a postponement until the end of May AND to be relocated to either of the two courtrooms near me. Well ... They either did not read my request or the government bureaucrats chose to ignore my request. They send the summons for mid April and to the Compton courthouse so unless I can get them to change it, I'll be foregoing a day or several days of pay and have to travel via three modes of transit AND walk around an area not known to be safe Most of the time, I feel patriotic but this nonsense flies against what our country SHOULD be standing for. These government bureaucrats are just so out of touch with what the average person goes through and would never find themselves in a position where they would lose pay if they had to do jury service!
In case anyone cares, I managed to postpone my jury duty service til the end of May and was able to put in a transfer request ... The postponement was easy but the transfer request still has to be approved. I pray that these heartless government bureaucrats do not deny me considering the fact that the "10 miles" journey to Compton requires multiple modes of transit and will involve leaving my home 2 hours early to be on time ... Not to mention walking around downtown Compton early in the morning and late in the afternoon ... Not comfortable with this at all!

Old 01-29-2012, 06:40 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,572,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
In case anyone cares, I managed to postpone my jury duty service til the end of May and was able to put in a transfer request ... The postponement was easy but the transfer request still has to be approved. I pray that these heartless government bureaucrats do not deny me considering the fact that the "10 miles" journey to Compton requires multiple modes of transit and will involve leaving my home 2 hours early to be on time ... Not to mention walking around downtown Compton early in the morning and late in the afternoon ... Not comfortable with this at all!
I for one cares a lot Chatt...what a predicament! I pray that you be granted the transfer request. Meanwhile...try to relax and don't let the stress get to you. Have a good evening my friend!

Old 01-29-2012, 06:52 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I for one cares a lot Chatt...what a predicament! I pray that you be granted the transfer request. Meanwhile...try to relax and don't let the stress get to you. Have a good evening my friend!
Thanks Ans ... I was just venting but at least the jury service is postponed so I don't have to worry about it for another few months .... I do need to finish preparing for my upcoming interview and I just pray it goes well .... Trying to keep from being nervous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics