Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 07:25 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,258,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Last night one of my dogs had a small stroke. They treat that with Prednisone, I had some and gave it to her. She is some better today but still not walking well. At least the rapid eye movement is gone and she did eat today. I've been through this before but still scares the H out of me. After that last night I got an anxiety attack then a bad headache, took all the meds I could find for it, finally its better but not gone. So I'm behind on everything and the meds, sinus and the motrin make me tired and mess with my mood too.
Best wishes for you and your dog.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:58 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,284,732 times
Quote:
Last night one of my dogs had a small stroke. They treat that with Prednisone, I had some and gave it to her. She is some better today but still not walking well. At least the rapid eye movement is gone and she did eat today. I've been through this before but still scares the H out of me. After that last night I got an anxiety attack then a bad headache, took all the meds I could find for it, finally its better but not gone. So I'm behind on everything and the meds, sinus and the motrin make me tired and mess with my mood too.

Tijlover, it might help if you read some reviews on the cameras before you decide on another model. You can read reviews on newegg. Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Sorry to hear this.........she's lucky to have a very caring dog dad. Best of luck to the both of you.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:36 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,231,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Gosh! I can't stand spiders ... I try not to be arachnophobic and remind myself that I'm a giant compared to him but it is always a battle working up the nerve to just kill them. Fortunately, my next door neighbor willingly came over to kill it. I'm still shaken.
Time to cowgirl up.

If I can kill those pesky rattlesnakes like the one that found it's way into my foyer two springs ago, you can stomp the guts out of a spider.

Women are strong! Women are tough!

But then again, if you've got a hot, single neighbor, your way is just fine!

Old 01-04-2012, 10:40 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,231,640 times
I did have another reason for visiting this thread.

I'd like to report a theft in the R&P forum. It seems that a person or persons unknown has stolen the mod's sense of humor.

Any tips as to it's whereabouts will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:42 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,648,689 times
What the hell is with like on FaceBook? Like, I'm 49 yrs old. Like, I'm not a kid who likes to like, like all the time. Like, you know what I mean?

Like Trix, like is for kids.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:45 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,838,776 times
Quote:

Tijlover, it might help if you read some reviews on the cameras before you decide on another model. You can read reviews on newegg. Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Todd, take care. You are such a loving person.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:57 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,567,886 times
Could not rep Todd. We had a female GSD that had seizures when she got really old. She eventually went totally blind. It was sad and scary the first time it happened to her. We were walking down the dirt road about a 1/4 mile from the house. The other dogs actually got mad at her and reprimanded her, but she could not help it. And she had another one shortly after.

So, yes, I can identify with you.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 PM

3,981 posts, read 2,582,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I am staying at a campground. It is expected that people pick up after their pets. As I was walking my dog...with my baggies....I saw 2 different spots of other people's pet poop. This is just something that really irks me. People who think they are special and the rules don't apply to them If you have a pet then be a responsible pet owner. Some day...dogs won't be allowed in campgrounds because people are too lazy or too special

There...a small peeve off my chest. Thanks guys and gals
Oh, I feel for you. At my apt. there are three or four dogs. No problems like yours but... they bark when left alone (and other times), I can't blame the dogs! They can be so noisy! Again, not their fault. These are one bedroom apts. They don't have enough space and get so worked up.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:54 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,048,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Time to cowgirl up.

If I can kill those pesky rattlesnakes like the one that found it's way into my foyer two springs ago, you can stomp the guts out of a spider.

Haha! Sorry Pamela! I'm no cowgirl but just a wimpy when it comes to spiders. My fear just has to do with missing my aim and having them crawl out of my reach ... I have used Windex to some success (better than bug spray and less toxic) but this sucker was positioned in a place where I did not wish to spray Windex (or any chemical). I've gotten better with the smaller spiders but this sucker was pretty big.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:08 PM

3,981 posts, read 2,582,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Gosh! I can't stand spiders ... I try not to be arachnophobic and remind myself that I'm a giant compared to him but it is always a battle working up the nerve to just kill them. Fortunately, my next door neighbor willingly came over to kill it. I'm still shaken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Time to cowgirl up.

Years ago I found a big spider on my wall and nearly jumped out of my skin, really! But then, I said to myself... wait, I handled zero gravity...

Zero Gravity was a ride I rode (an big inner tube) ride at a water park that I went to to help chaperon a girl's club. I convinced two girls to go with me to ride it. It was a ride that you climbed 10 stories (I swear!) to the top of a U shaped enclosure, You started at the top of the U edge of the wall, went all the way down to the bottom and then, all the way up the other side.

We had three and more weight, which made us go higher up the second wall. I thought we were going over the edge! Yikes! Then, we slid down and BACK up again! I was saying stop, stop, stop!!! Did.not.help.

At the end, all I could remember was the fear, so I convinced them to go again!! As I stood at the top, knowing more about the fear of the ride, I questioned why I'd put myself through this. The guy at the top said he'd give me a dollar if we went over! HAAA Great, I said. My family will love the inheritance! It was fine. We did not go over and it was more fun the second time. I loved it.

So, back at home, I stared at this spider... walked slowly to the kitchen, got a paper plate and glass... caught it and took it outside!

No stomping out the guts Pamela!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics