Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 10:22 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,235,487 times

Advertisements

Dear Friends and Family Members Who Complain About Their Weight:

I work out for an hour 6 days a week. I do not eat cookies, candy, cake, ice cream, chips, pretzels, or other snack foods for those 6 days. I count my calories and eat my vegetables. You know this about me.

You also know that for you to lose weight, you need to do the same. So when we go out, if you order a big plate of fried something, and you follow it up with a huge dessert, and then when we go to the movies, you get a theater-sized box of candy and eat the whole thing in one sitting, and if you don't exercise even though you are only working part-time and your kids are grown and out of the house so that you have plenty of time for it, please, for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT.

Love,

Lilac

Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,182,713 times
90% of the time I love my job but tonight was not a good one. I work in IT, tonight was that 10%. I don't know what is about Sunday's but the rudest people call in. I dread every sunday. I had a teenage girl screaming at her mother the whole time I was on the phone. I wanted to slap the crap out of her. Then I got an older man call 5 min. before close that wanted to reset 5 devices and not a stinking clue on what he was doing. If I asked him a question on what he had such as his software version of this or that, he would yell out he didnt know what I was talking about. I was on the phone with him for an hour and half past close. He knew we were closed but didnt care. He even said I would enjoy the OT. Okay, I don't get OT. Im salary. Also we have strict guidelines we have to follow and since I was on the phone with him so long I will be getting a talking to by management tomorrow. We couldnt get his one issue addressed and I had to get off the phone. So he was pissed and lucky me he will end up getting a survey. Again, another strike against me all because he shouldn't own stuff he can't handle. Gota love technology.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:43 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,948,238 times
^^^ makes me want to go get a bowl of ice-cream right now.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:09 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,235,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^^ makes me want to go get a bowl of ice-cream right now.
I wanted to make a PBJ. That's as close as I get to junk food during the week.

And look what was in the middle of my loaf of bread:

The stress & venting thread ~ for everyone-sam_0200.jpg

It's just the store brand of whole grain bread, and it's about the fifth loaf where this has happened in the past two months.

I can't win, so I'm going to bed.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:21 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,043,345 times
Default Flies!!!!!!!!!

It's official - It's WAR~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wonder if there has ever been a study on the intelligence of flies - yes, flies. I have had one - all night - that dive bombs me, flies around my head, nose, lips (ew) and the second I pick up something to send him to fly he$$ it disappears. It knows what the newpaper, magazine etc... is for - I'm sure of it. I set it down (gotta type ya know) and here comes the dive bomber Pick up my weapon and it disappears - we've been doing this for hours.

The chase is on~~~~uzi is cocked and ready

Old 07-09-2012, 05:50 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,262,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
It's official - It's WAR~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wonder if there has ever been a study on the intelligence of flies - yes, flies. I have had one - all night - that dive bombs me, flies around my head, nose, lips (ew) and the second I pick up something to send him to fly he$$ it disappears. It knows what the newpaper, magazine etc... is for - I'm sure of it. I set it down (gotta type ya know) and here comes the dive bomber Pick up my weapon and it disappears - we've been doing this for hours.

The chase is on~~~~uzi is cocked and ready
Put a dish next to you with something sweet and sticky like honey. That will surely draw he$$ fly and you can swat him!

Old 07-09-2012, 06:02 AM

16,709 posts, read 17,491,798 times
Two and a half months after our enforced remodeling, yet another leak from the roof.

This time there's a crack in the cold water header tank that is being replaced as we speak, but not before some damage to Miss J's newly redecorated bedroom.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:45 AM

866 posts, read 1,140,848 times
same thing here...just had a really strong shower come through and the leak we had in the
bathroom over the tub is started leaking again...
are there no quality repair people left in this world?
just one more reason that can be added to the growing list for wanting to move...

Old 07-09-2012, 07:02 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,043,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
Put a dish next to you with something sweet and sticky like honey. That will surely draw he$$ fly and you can swat him!
Finally got him but thanks for the suggestion - will try it when one of his relatives comes calling.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,525,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I wanted to make a PBJ. That's as close as I get to junk food during the week.

And look what was in the middle of my loaf of bread:

Attachment 98185

It's just the store brand of whole grain bread, and it's about the fifth loaf where this has happened in the past two months.

I can't win, so I'm going to bed.
Looks like 2 hearts and an eagle's head to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics