Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,992,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
same thing here...just had a really strong shower come through and the leak we had in the bathroom over the tub is started leaking again.. are there no quality repair people left in this world? just one more reason that can be added to the growing list for wanting to move...
That's the norm today, and the con-tractor sings.. "take the money and run, ooh, ooh." Then try and get him to come back after he has been paid. And the chase begins. I think most bed with the politicians, and corporate slime...under the same rock that is. Quality, honesty, fair prices, has almost become another thing of the past.

As far as the fly problem, sugar, honey or even cola works. You could always buy a fly strip and hang it near a nite light. Flies and Mosquitoes were put on earth to irritate. We can send a man to the moon but can't rid the world of these nasty pests.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:14 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,903,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I wanted to make a PBJ. That's as close as I get to junk food during the week.

And look what was in the middle of my loaf of bread:

Attachment 98185

It's just the store brand of whole grain bread, and it's about the fifth loaf where this has happened in the past two months.

I can't win, so I'm going to bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Looks like 2 hearts and an eagle's head to me.
That's Sunday bread ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's holy

Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,034,464 times
My first day back in to work after a nice vacation and the trains are acting up .... I sure wish that I could access an earlier, direct train so I can have some cushion time when they are late ... This really threw off my morning and I was so exhausted by the time I arrived to work ...

Old 07-09-2012, 11:25 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,213,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Looks like 2 hearts and an eagle's head to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
That's Sunday bread ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's holy
You folks crack me up.

A friend suggested that I make croutons with it. Might as well. Lemons, lemonade, hole-y bread, croutons. Makes sense to me!

Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 AM

^^ They should have charged you less dough for that bread by the way!

Old 07-10-2012, 09:55 AM

They're saying it's going to get up to 115~116 today!

Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,027,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
They're saying it's going to get up to 115~116 today!
Ewww` stay cool - somehow. That's hot.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:05 PM

19,551 posts, read 9,563,880 times
That's HOT Aks !

They just recently came out with a new train schedule that serves to further inconvenience the folks that live further out with fewer options but making it super convenient by increasing the stop times for people closer to town who already have more than 3 options. If we miss the one train, we have to wait over an hour before the next one. While the change is giving those closer in shorter wait times - less than 30 mins, with more trains passing thru those areas. If they miss the first two, they'll have the opportunity to catch at least 4 more trains.
They can always catch a bus that can take them in or transfer to the other local rail system.

So looking forward to retirement and not having to worry about getting up early to get to work.
I may later seek part-time employment but will opt for something less than a 20min drive from home.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,034,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
That's HOT Aks !

They just recently came out with a new train schedule that serves to further inconvenience the folks that live further out with fewer options but making it super convenient by increasing the stop times for people closer to town who already have more than 3 options. If we miss the one train, we have to wait over an hour before the next one. While the change is giving those closer in shorter wait times - less than 30 mins, with more trains passing thru those areas. If they miss the first two, they'll have the opportunity to catch at least 4 more trains.
They can always catch a bus that can take them in or transfer to the other local rail system.

So looking forward to retirement and not having to worry about getting up early to get to work.
I may later seek part-time employment but will opt for something less than a 20min drive from home.
Sounds like our commuter rail ... They just did some increase in service but it does not improve my commuting situation as I am two stops away from the newly added service ... But now I have to pay $20 extra per month for my pass (or $20 per day) while those who ride the added trains only have to pay $7 to ride the trains and buses ALL DAY LONG! Heck ... The $7 daily passes allows the OC folks to ride more buses free than my $281 monthly (or $20 daily) ... I'm so fed up with Metrostink!

Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 PM

Just when I get a few extra bucks in my pocket something breaks down at the house that I need to call and get someone else to stop over and fix it. Money in, money out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, never ending problem.

The repairman will be here in the morning at 8:30am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics