Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 06:55 AM

5,234 posts, read 8,001,492 times

Advertisements

This Acer Aspire one is a nice little net book but seems to have some troubles playing music on you tube. Previous models apparently had some problems that way too, and Acer isnt a customer service marvel so I've heard. I had to abandon Firefox as it stuttered now and then as it tried to play a song. I had to take the first one back because it lost its mind. It did play Yt music fine on Comodo, then on Chrome, but then just started messing up again. I switched to another version of Chrome, reloaded the current version, still the same. Makes me lose My mind when it does that. It is doing fine on Opera thus far. I wish I was smart about computers, or anything.

My cat is doing much better.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:47 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,175,329 times
When I first saw the house I purchased it was the ultimate american dream for me. Newer home that didnt require much work and located on a acre lot within a cul-de-sac. It seemed so peaceful and private. We drove by the house countless times and never saw anything going on. So we move in and realize that living on the cul-de-sac means having a parking lot/playground/firework set off point/turnaround in front of my house.

The neighbors set up a basketball hoop they barely use. All the kids around here come down and play basketball. They leave water bottles, balls, candy wrappers and sometimes their bikes. Since we take up half the curve, everyone is in front of our house. The neighbor on the other side of me that isn't part of the cul-de-sac but thinks they are. They just bought their teenager a car and the girl parks in front of our house all the time. Our driveway is not that wide so parking two cars in it can be tight, my husband and i even said how great the house was because we could always have one car in the street in front of OUR house. Now it seems to be a battle of the wills to get that spot. Never mind that the neighbors have a much larger driveway AND a 3rd parking spot off their driveway. The 4th of July is awesome. First off I hate fireworks and its a complete thrill to have people come down and set off their arsenals in front of my home so all the bull crap lands on my house. Then they leave without taking the cardboard mess with them. UPS/FED EX or any stranger that gets lost in the sub uses the cul-de-sac as a turn around. Not that big of a deal except pretty much all day long someone is turning around in front of my house, they also feel the need to do it at high speed. Far from peaceful.

I will never buy a home on a cul-de-sac again.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:32 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
This Acer Aspire one is a nice little net book but seems to have some troubles playing music on you tube. Previous models apparently had some problems that way too, and Acer isnt a customer service marvel so I've heard. I had to abandon Firefox as it stuttered now and then as it tried to play a song. I had to take the first one back because it lost its mind. It did play Yt music fine on Comodo, then on Chrome, but then just started messing up again. I switched to another version of Chrome, reloaded the current version, still the same. Makes me lose My mind when it does that. It is doing fine on Opera thus far. I wish I was smart about computers, or anything.

My cat is doing much better.
Yeah,,,, I have a small Samsung net book for about a year now and I wished I had returned it to the store earlier and got something different. Just too many little problems and issues with it.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Yeah,,,, I have a small Samsung net book for about a year now and I wished I had returned it to the store earlier and got something different. Just too many little problems and issues with it.
Well it was very cheap, this one was only 128, and they are normally 230. The YT videos are doing fine on Opera. Ive had more than my share of computer problems lately though and it does drive me up the wall when they dont work. I was going to buy a refurbished Lenovo for about the same price, but this thing was so cheap I decided to keep it.

Ya I know what you mean about cul-de-sacs. When I had the house in Texas, the people before us had let the neighbor kids use the pool, so here they come thinking it will be the same with us. And very pushy they were too at first. And yeah the basketball hoop and cars parked everywhere but their driveway. I'd never want to live in town again. Ya cant choose your neighbors or your relatives.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:59 AM

^^^

Quote:
Well it was very cheap, this one was only 128, and they are normally 230. The YT videos are doing fine on Opera. Ive had more than my share of computer problems lately though and it does drive me up the wall when they dont work. I was going to buy a refurbished Lenovo for about the same price, but this thing was so cheap I decided to keep it.
the price is right then!

Old 07-16-2012, 03:57 PM

Boy do my eyes hurt, maybe the weather. Sure looking at the monitor doesnt help but I'm too nervous to sleep. Don't ya hate it when that happens. The YouTube Police yanked all the Andy Griffith shows. It was nice for people with no TV's like me. I got terrible reception here anyway, probably couldnt get MeTV if I had a set. I should have downloaded all the AG shows long ago.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:16 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,348,463 times
a summer cold and the miserable feeling that comes along with it need I say more?

Old 07-17-2012, 05:37 AM

19,608 posts, read 9,598,095 times
1) People that are driving behind you with their bright lights on.
and,
2) People walking two-three, sometimes more abreast thus crowding the sidewalk so people behind them can't get around because they're walking too slow. One turned and saw people behind them but didn't bother to say anything to the other members of their group. Almost seemed to take pleasure in the fact that they were in front. Also, people that hold group conversations in the grocery aisles or any store for that matter. Can you take it to the store's cafe or at least be cognizant of the fact that people are trying to reach for items on the grocery shelves?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:26 AM

I have about an hours worth of work that I need to do in the backyard and it's going to be another HOT day here........................ so I gotta start early

Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,291,016 times
Git 'er dun, Aks....git 'er dun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics