Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 11:28 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,584,581 times

Advertisements

I just hate it when things don't go "The World According to Jasper12". I want things done a certain way. Working with people who are not as smart as me, or lazy, is frustrating. I need to work on not getting annoyed about it. I have a tendency, to want to have control, or just leave. I don't like being ignored, or frustrated at work.

I need to just not care about it. At all.

I want to leave. Just blow this place. Not good. I cannot do that at this point in my career. I have to stay here for at least five years. Minimum.

Sigh.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:46 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,147,262 times
So I contacted a certain call center last week requiring a 20 minute wait and requested info to be mailed to me, which was supposed to be processed in 45 business days So I get something in the mail from them a few days later, which was an address change request form. I never requested that so here I am holding ONCE AGAIN but this time the wait has exceeded 30 minutes This was after listening to 5-minutes worth of recordings not applicable to me I just wish that they would just play the darned wait music versus repeating the SAME three announcement recordings over and over again, which does not address my issue. You know how maddening it is to hear the same recordings over and over for over 30 minutes ... I wanted to scream after 20 minutes!

Still waiting ....

Edit: Finally got an agent who explained that the address change form was sent because they did not have my address on file I so wished that their letter stated that versus "Here is the publication that you requested" ... That would have eliminated the confusion and would have saved me nearly an hour trying to figure out why I received this in the mail

Phew ... Just vented with a supervisor and it turns out that the rep I spoke with last week requested the address change form on my behalf because they did not have my address but failed to let me know that I would be receiving it and needed to complete and mail back to them to process my other request. Geez Louise!

Last edited by Chatteress; 12-27-2012 at 01:15 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 01:07 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,107,321 times
We (Mrs & I) stopped at the doctor’s office for her appointment and everything went well….. however we had planned to have a late breakfast and our favorite restaurant but couldn’t due to the large number of others waiting outside to get in. It would have been at least 30~45 minute wait time to get a table and we just didn’t have the time.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:07 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,357,847 times
Trying to figure out electronics these days. Just because you buy something like a new computer or iPod doesn't mean you have an engineering degree and are capable of designing the darned things. Why, oh why do they not supply manuals with them (rhetorical question - I know they're saving trees) and why do they not write the online manuals so a non-tekky like me can figure out how to work the stupid things???? wine.... need wine....

Old 12-29-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Trying to figure out electronics these days. Just because you buy something like a new computer or iPod doesn't mean you have an engineering degree and are capable of designing the darned things. Why, oh why do they not supply manuals with them (rhetorical question - I know they're saving trees) and why do they not write the online manuals so a non-tekky like me can figure out how to work the stupid things???? wine.... need wine....
*Hands NMS a glass of sparkling grape juice*

Sorry I don't live closer or else I'd help you. I've been using an iPod for years and know how to download songs from CD's and the iTunes store.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:40 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,357,847 times
Well, now that you're married to such a wealthy man as Goofy, maybe the two of you can come and visit his second home in Orlando, then make a side trip to SW Florida!

Old 12-29-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Well, now that you're married to such a wealthy man as Goofy, maybe the two of you can come and visit his second home in Orlando, then make a side trip to SW Florida!
But I've been having this affair with Mickey on the side

Old 12-29-2012, 03:56 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,252,883 times
Quote:
If its an apple product (ipad, ipod touch or iPhone) the manual is on the device. Let me know if you have one of these and I will tell you where to find it.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,107,321 times
Quote:
Remember the good ol’ days when you could buy an LP, remove the shrink wrap, place a disk onto the turntable and “music” music everywhere.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:17 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,965,717 times
Sprint was going to shut off my cell because I have a $.77 balance on it. I asked the CS rep if I could make payment arrangements and she laughed, not mocking me, but a good hearty laugh. I have to give kudos to Sprint for having decent CS. Yea, the service is sometimes spotty, but I can deal with that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics