Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
2013 has started out so badly for me already. During the last week, I not only was told I have to have knee replacement on March 1 but my mammogram showed up with something so I'm going in tomorrow to get an ultrasound. Wow I can't wait for 2014 to get here.
Best wishes for good news on the ultrasound and a speedy recovery on the knee replacement.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:19 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
That sucks.....I detest bad treatment in stores.....sometimes young clerks resent having to work and take it out on the customer.

I'll tell you a true story about a famous professional basketball player's mother who lived in Central Illinois. The basketball player's mother was a very nice black lady who was just down to earth (her other son was my mail person at work). The basketball player gave her lots of money but she chose to dress in clothes which she purchased off the rack.

The basketball player told his mother he wanted her to go purchase a new Mercedes and to go to the local dealer. She went to the dealer and was looking around. The person who came up to talk to her asked her what she wanted.....she said she wanted to buy a new Mercedes....he told her they didn't have anything in the store that she could afford and turned and walked away from her. Needless to say the basketball player was furious and they went to a different dealer about 30 miles away and paid cash for a new Mercedes.
This goes to show that you should never judge a book by its cover or a person by what they wear. Glad they chose a different dealer as there is no excuse for snobby treatment.

Quote:
2013 has started out so badly for me already. During the last week, I not only was told I have to have knee replacement on March 1 but my mammogram showed up with something so I'm going in tomorrow to get an ultrasound. Wow I can't wait for 2014 to get here.
*hugs* Sorry this is all happening to you, RC. I pray that the ultrasound comes back normal.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 AM

Well ... Somebody finally came out to service my heater and the heater is working now. I pray that the thermostat that he installs solves the issue.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Well ... Somebody finally came out to service my heater and the heater is working now. I pray that the thermostat that he installs solves the issue.
Guess it was too good to be true. The heater now won't turn on and they won't be able to get anyone to repair it until tomorrow ... *sigh* One more night without heat ... This is driving me nuts as I've been dealing with this issue since Wednesday night.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 PM

27,354 posts, read 27,407,146 times
Well as we all know things are getting smaller in size and prices are ither going up or staying the same, for less product. I was just looking at cookie cutters and cupcake pans and guess what??? To match the smaller packaging they give you now, they make the cookie cutters and cupcake pans smaller so you think you are still getting the amount, when in reality youre getting less!

Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Glad I found this thread. I'm fuming about something and didn't know where to vent my aggravation but I sure do need to!!

So my husband likes to download stuff from these torrent sites, right? I've been telling him for YEARS it's not OK and to stop it. We had a terrible virus situation in 2010 while he was deployed, after fighting with it for months I tracked the nastiness back to a movie he downloaded while home on leave. He knew alllll about this, but it didn't deter him. He "knows people" who use this or that site and never had a problem, and he's got a nicer new antivirus, and surely his actions have no consequences.

It's not bad enough he does this, he uses it to grab music I hate and play it loud enough to drive me out of my mind.

Today I got an email from our ISP that was a notice of copyright infringement against ME being made by a band I hate that he loves. (Because the internet account is in my name, it's against me.)

I emailed him an angry message about this. His answer: "Reply to the ISP and tell them it was your retarded husband and you've chastised him for it." Like that will change anything!!! At minimum, we risk our internet account being terminated, and we really like the service provider we have and the product we get, and that is bad enough. At worst I could be prosecuted for his stubborn stupidity. And regardless of where in the middle of all that our reality falls, the PRINCIPLE of the thing has me FURIOUS!!

I don't get mad easily, but my husband has a GIFT for infuriating me. He's like an overgrown child...

(And before anyone says it, no it is not an option for me to leave him. For a lot of reasons. I'm stuck dealing with this.)

*sigh*

/rant

Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times
I was just outside and a passing bird pooped on my head. Isn't that supposed to be good luck or is that just on your wedding day? Have to go wash my hair now!

Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I was just outside and a passing bird pooped on my head. Isn't that supposed to be good luck or is that just on your wedding day? Have to go wash my hair now!
LOL! That happened to me once on the way in to work ... Unfortunately, I could not just go home to wash my hair so I had to work with poopy hair Fortunately, it did not stink as bad as you'd imagine it would and I was able to rinse much of it out when I got to work but yucko

Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
I guess when you are in certain areas people assume your political affiliation by your appearance and being comfortable in their stupidity they will spout their often ignorant polictical comments to you.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I guess when you are in certain areas people assume your political affiliation by your appearance and being comfortable in their stupidity they will spout their often ignorant polictical comments to you.
That's awful. At least my republican friends think I'm republican and my democratic friends think I'm a democrat so I'm able to keep peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics