Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 06:39 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,107,321 times

Advertisements

It's STILL COLD AND GETTING COLDER HERE. Worst cold spell in two decades I need more HOT coffee this morning......

Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,118,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
This is the "Politics" forum right?

Guess I should have not posted my stress and vent. It was not intended to get a political response. The SUBJECT of my vent and stress has now changed but I will not vent at this time.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:19 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,118,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
It's STILL COLD AND GETTING COLDER HERE. Worst cold spell in two decades I need more HOT coffee this morning......
It's that way here too......bring on the electric blankets, hike up the heat and bring the coffee! And don't forget the muffins.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 AM

19,460 posts, read 17,080,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
This cold spell is just crazy AksarbeN!!!! It reminds me of Winter '96. I had an orange tree in the backyard and hadn't harvested all the oranges (the longer they stayed on the tree, the sweeter they were). I was afraid I'd lose them to the freeze, so I found myself one morning, temps in the 20's and me, with my hat, gloves, coat over thermals over sweats ... picking those oranges off the tree. Thorns snagging my gloves, I was freezing cold and cursing (under my breath) that I should just cut the tree down! Did I cut it down? Heck no! That tree produced the sweetest oranges I'd ever tasted. I had to endure the short-term pain to enjoy the long-term pleasure. Such is life.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,147,262 times
Looks like I'm stuck with the $1362 ER bill on top of the other expenses I'm dealing with. I guess it's nice that the ER is free to so many to use for every ache and pain but for those of us with insurance and have legitimate emergencies ... Well ... Guess we are screwed and have to pick up the tab for those that don't pay. I just pray that my hearing aids hold up as I cannot afford the 3K to replace them this year, my tax bill AND this ER visit. I really hate the way our society screws things for the middle class. The rich can afford things and the poor can qualify for assistance ... The rest of us ... we are just screwed.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM

3,970 posts, read 8,570,857 times
It was 28 when I got up this morning. It's 25 now with a wind chill of 17.

Saturday afternoon we were around 60.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:12 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,582,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
My vent (or rant) for the day is about people who can't stay on topic in discussion forums. Not just here but everywhere! A thread might be about global warming and somehow, one person has to blame a political party for it. Then, someone else comes along, takes that comment, quotes it and responds with a counter-argument. And we're off and running! Before long, the entire thread has nothing to do with global warming and everything to do with which political party is to blame. It's very frustrating when people won't stay on topic.
Like this, lol?

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Three to correct spelling/grammar errors.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb."

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the forum saying that we all use light bulbs, therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this forum, which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety, including all headers and signatures, only to add "Me, too."

Seven to post that moderators favor one brand of lightbulbs over another.

Five to post to the forum that they will no longer post, because they cannot handle the drama.

Four to say, "Didn't we go through this already, a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say, "Do a forum search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."

Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

Last, but not least...

One lurker to respond to the original post six months from now with something unrelated and start it all over again

Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,387,668 times
lol Lisa. But so true it's almost scary!

Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,147,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Looks like I'm stuck with the $1362 ER bill on top of the other expenses I'm dealing with. I guess it's nice that the ER is free to so many to use for every ache and pain but for those of us with insurance and have legitimate emergencies ... Well ... Guess we are screwed and have to pick up the tab for those that don't pay. I just pray that my hearing aids hold up as I cannot afford the 3K to replace them this year, my tax bill AND this ER visit. I really hate the way our society screws things for the middle class. The rich can afford things and the poor can qualify for assistance ... The rest of us ... we are just screwed.
So I call again to try and speak with the supervisor and got information about disputing the ER Bill. What's interesting is that the dispute department along with the billing office I've been dealing with is located in New Jersey I attempted to request an audit of the bill to ensure my bill was coded correctly and the representative never heard about this. I wonder if it would do any good to go down directly to the hospital to request assistance. I don't like dealing with some impersonal office in New Jersey about an ER bill in California. Too much bureaucracy!

Old 01-14-2013, 03:21 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,294,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
So I call again to try and speak with the supervisor and got information about disputing the ER Bill. What's interesting is that the dispute department along with the billing office I've been dealing with is located in New Jersey I attempted to request an audit of the bill to ensure my bill was coded correctly and the representative never heard about this. I wonder if it would do any good to go down directly to the hospital to request assistance. I don't like dealing with some impersonal office in New Jersey about an ER bill in California. Too much bureaucracy!
What the rep has or has not heard of is irrelevant. Any ER, hospital, doctor or any other medical service is required to provide you and the insurance company a detailed invoice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics