Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 01:28 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,330,120 times

Advertisements

Thanks, FW...got it! It's an iPod Classic.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 PM

861 posts, read 1,464,124 times
I'm tired of seeing those chain photos of abused animals on Facebook as well as those "like this if you love God or your mother. Ignore if you hate them or want them to die."

Yes I feel sorry for the animals and wish I could save them all but "liking" a picture is not going to prevent animal abuse from happening. The pictures are also disturbing to look at. I saw one photo where the dog's head was chopped off.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:43 AM

36,558 posts, read 16,145,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
I'm tired of seeing those chain photos of abused animals on Facebook as well as those "like this if you love God or your mother. Ignore if you hate them or want them to die."

Yes I feel sorry for the animals and wish I could save them all but "liking" a picture is not going to prevent animal abuse from happening. The pictures are also disturbing to look at. I saw one photo where the dog's head was chopped off.
Ugh, I agree, I usually delete the post so I don't have to keep looking at some of the gross, stupid things.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,020,072 times
First day of the New Year and it's cold.......................... got down to freezing here in the valley of the sun!

Old 01-02-2013, 02:15 AM

23,459 posts, read 29,374,786 times
Broke down and bought me a combination VCR/DVD player for Christmas, and it's a sheer miracle I haven't backed over it with the wheels of my car or taken a sledgehammer to it already!

This dim-witted, low-tekkie senior should have known better! The minute I glanced over those 8 pages in the Instruction Manual, I knew I was cooked!!!

I tried once, twice, thrice, and gave up! I see they have an 800 number to call for the idiots who haven't the patience to wade thru all those instructions, and I will have no choice but to call that number, and how much you bet I'll get someone from India responding, and asking repeatedly: Will you repeat that? Will you repeat that a third time?

Manufacturers, listen up! You want more of us simple-minded, low-tekkie seniors to buy more of your products? Alright then! Take those 8 pages of instructions and reduce it all to one paragraph!

Please! Don't ever get me near one of these writers who puts these instuction manuals together! Bangabangabang-bang-bang!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,274,189 times
You know, it's one thing for a doctor's appointment desk to be busy on a Monday morning, or even the day after a holiday. But to have a busy phone between 9:00 and noon on a regular weekday, so that someone who calls every 20 minutes can't even be put on hold and instead just hears the busy signal EVERY SINGLE TIME, 10 TIMES IN A ROW, ALL MORNING LONG, and then to have no coverage during the lunch hour so that patients get to hear Muzak for 10 minutes before finally realizing no one is going to take the call, is absolutely, positively unforgivable.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:10 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,274,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You know, it's one thing for a doctor's appointment desk to be busy on a Monday morning, or even the day after a holiday. But to have a busy phone between 9:00 and noon on a regular weekday, so that someone who calls every 20 minutes can't even be put on hold and instead just hears the busy signal EVERY SINGLE TIME, 10 TIMES IN A ROW, ALL MORNING LONG, and then to have no coverage during the lunch hour so that patients get to hear Muzak for 10 minutes before finally realizing no one is going to take the call, is absolutely, positively unforgivable.
That's happening more & more and will keep happening with out economy so bad. My doctor's office laid off staff now we get recorded messages saying they are closed for lunch even as late as 3pm. I asked about it they said they are unstaffed due to downsizing so they have to let answering machine answer during business hours. Doesn't make sense to me either.

Today I was at the local SS office we were there over an hour waiting they had 1 window opening. The place was packed, had folks leaning against walls no room packed! When I got up for my turn the guy tells me its because now all SS offices close at noon on Wednesdays. I asked why he said they are all behind on their paper work from having to deal with appointments and walk ins daily.

Welcome to our modern technological world.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,020,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
That's happening more & more and will keep happening with out economy so bad. My doctor's office laid off staff now we get recorded messages saying they are closed for lunch even as late as 3pm. I asked about it they said they are unstaffed due to downsizing so they have to let answering machine answer during business hours. Doesn't make sense to me either.

Today I was at the local SS office we were there over an hour waiting they had 1 window opening. The place was packed, had folks leaning against walls no room packed! When I got up for my turn the guy tells me its because now all SS offices close at noon on Wednesdays. I asked why he said they are all behind on their paper work from having to deal with appointments and walk ins daily.

Welcome to our modern technological world.
It’s crazy,,, most every business, company and government entity has “cut back” on employees. So as a result slow service is the norm, we have just what they give us from the top – “bad service”! It’s not poor employees who want to do a good job; it’s that they simply “can’t” get things done correctly in the time allowed anymore.

There are profits being made by all, yet little if any pay raise for low level workers. However the guys at the top are making 400 ~ 450 TIMES more money than the average employee working for them. Go figure!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,320,055 times
I agree with all of you. It's happening everywhere! And the things I'd like to say about the "Fat Cats" of the world would not be lady like in any way, shape or form! It just really makes me angry at the unequality that reighns all over the world. Wish we could pull a real "Tea Party" and dump all the greedy @#@^%$$#@ in the water! Just look at what they are doing to our country! They are so worried about keeping their billions that they can't even agree to pass a decent law for the rest of us.
I'll stop now or there won't be a lady sitting at this desk!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,223,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
Sprint was going to shut off my cell because I have a $.77 balance on it. I asked the CS rep if I could make payment arrangements and she laughed, not mocking me, but a good hearty laugh. I have to give kudos to Sprint for having decent CS. Yea, the service is sometimes spotty, but I can deal with that
How funny! Had something similar. We paid off my husband's Lowes card but miscalculated. The balance left was .77 cents. So the next month I went to officially pay it off and it wouldn't let me. No payments under a dollar. I called and the CS person was perplexed because if I didn't pay it, I would be late but then I couldn't pay it. So we went to Lowe's bought some light bulbs on the card so we could completely pay off the balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics