Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 07:51 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,310,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
Wow......I would be making some complaints!! first of all I would make a formal complaint about the bank...they didn't do as they said they would do. The Federal Reserve has a consumer complaint area. I complained about a bank once and it was settled immediately. Make sure you do it in writing and also send a copy to your state's Attorney General as a complaint. Then make a complaint against the fast food place, sending it to your state's Attorney General consumer complaint/fraud unit. Send a letter to the captain of the police department complaining about the lack of cooperation from his police department. I think you will be surprised at how some things will get going. It might take a couple of hours to do these complaints but I wouldn't hesitate to do it if it was me.

Federal Reserve Consumer Help
Rural Chick, you are a true HEROINE!!! That is the best idea/solution I've heard on dealing with this kind of thing!!! I copied what you said to a folder and will keep it in case I ever need to do that. These days many folks have no moral values and will steal you blind given the chance.
So great big hugs to you for coming to the rescue with great info to use!!!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,034,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
Wow......I would be making some complaints!! first of all I would make a formal complaint about the bank...they didn't do as they said they would do. The Federal Reserve has a consumer complaint area. I complained about a bank once and it was settled immediately. Make sure you do it in writing and also send a copy to your state's Attorney General as a complaint. Then make a complaint against the fast food place, sending it to your state's Attorney General consumer complaint/fraud unit. Send a letter to the captain of the police department complaining about the lack of cooperation from his police department. I think you will be surprised at how some things will get going. It might take a couple of hours to do these complaints but I wouldn't hesitate to do it if it was me.

Federal Reserve Consumer Help
Excellent advice ... This fiasco that Fallingwater is dealing with just makes me mad. I once had an incident where someone created a credit card with my card's info in another state and Bank of America caught this before I even NOTICED fraudulent charges. I received a new card ASAP. I don't know why on earth fallingwater's bank is dragging their heals on rectifying this? I also like the idea of filing a formal complaint against the fast food restaurant because this was an inexcusable error. Corporate needs to be made aware of this as I suspect that the card was deliberately given to the wrong customer because it seems that the identity thief knew what she was doing

Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,034,464 times
My peeve is trivial but needed to vent ... My bus did not show tonight and the one after that was 20 minutes late ... I got home 45 minutes late tonight on a cold, wet evening ... Fortunately the rain had stopped but I could not sit down as the bench was wet ... Grrrr ....

Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,903,172 times
^^^^^^^ That's not nice nor fun to have happen..................

I received a phone call from by brother in law and he didn't have any good news about my sisters and her health condition yet. She's still in the hospital today, the doctor hasn't seen her, the CT scan or the biopsy I guess. All we can do is worry for now.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:02 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,705,764 times
Just got off the phone with hubby and looks like his boss didn't call in the payroll yesterday so no paycheck today! This isn't the first time this has happened so of course hubby is not a happy camper.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:12 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,424,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Just got off the phone with hubby and looks like his boss didn't call in the payroll yesterday so no paycheck today! This isn't the first time this has happened so of course hubby is not a happy camper.
Lucky, that is terrible. I know I am living so tight and depending on money to come in at the right time. It makes me nervous and I feel like I am a juggler. I am so sorry for you and all of your husband's coworkers.

Thank God one of the rents came yesterday. It has to go right back out, too. Let's hope the other one comes this afternoon.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post
Lucky, that is terrible. I know I am living so tight and depending on money to come in at the right time. It makes me nervous and I feel like I am a juggler. I am so sorry for you and all of your husband's coworkers.

Thank God one of the rents came yesterday. It has to go right back out, too. Let's hope the other one comes this afternoon.

Juggling is no fun so I know how you feel,antiques.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:30 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,212,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post

(NSFW: Little bit o' language)

Old 11-30-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

(NSFW: Little bit o' language)

Exactly!

Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^^^^^^ That's not nice nor fun to have happen..................

I received a phone call from by brother in law and he didn't have any good news about my sisters and her health condition yet. She's still in the hospital today, the doctor hasn't seen her, the CT scan or the biopsy I guess. All we can do is worry for now.

Keep us posted,AksarbeN, and I'm pretty sure you know people here will keep your sister in their thoughts and prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics