Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 10:00 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,230,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Yesterday Mrs Aks received another letter from the SSA telling her that the problem has been fixed and that everything was in order. However the only problem is – it’s still messed up and worse than before! Monday morning we’re going back into the local office and talk with them again. Important ~ The local SSA office has always been on top of the issue and knows that it’s wrong each time the paperwork goes back east to their office to be analyzed and resolved. Each time it comes back worse. This will be trip number five in the effort to get SSA in almost ten months, and it’s the fourth trip in attempting to correct their errors.
My dad retired 2 yrs ago. He went through a mess. Its such a long process. I hope your situation gets fixed soon.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:56 AM

Ugh...my nosy neighbors. I have to admit it was a bit of a culture shock when we relocated for my husband's job. We are more liberal and now live in a very conservative area. The culture here is just....different. Thats all fine until someone brings up politics. A subject my husband and I avoid as much as possible! We got a dynamic duo next door that are completely fascinated by us. It started when we moved in. They wanted to be our friends. The husband is a real nice guy, easy going but the wife is wound really tight. She is a control freak and super critical. Ive tried to get along with her. Its not that we argue or anything but she says some of the most offensive things. She has no verbal filter and has asked me some very intrusive rude questions. My favorite was if I had been a teenager mother. Ummm...nooo. Who asks such a thing?

Anything we do, they are on it. I am creative and so is my husband some what. We love being homeowners and have renovated many homes. Its our thing and we are always doing something to our house. This irks the wife for some reason. She has made some comments to me about how she thinks stuff like that is a waste of money. So I pretty much avoid her. I think it bothers her because I get the sense she wants to be my friend but I simply cant be around someone like that. She likes to talk smack about the other neighbors and so on. We got zero in common.

My husband and the guy get along pretty well and they will chat and help each other with stuff. I think this upsets the wife because she and I dont hang out. So when her husband spends too much time over here she will get testy and do stuff like flick the porch light on and off to get his attention that he needs to get his butt home. He must be scared of her because he takes off right away. Or anxiously looks at his house the whole time waiting for her to get pissed. One time she slammed the front door. However she is super nosey so I think she likes that he comes over here to talk so she can get info when he gets home. We got a new car and a shed. He drilled my husband all about it. Why, how much did it cost, and so forth. Just never had a neighbor be so interested in what we do. Its freaking odd. We really are boring people. Pinkie swear!

Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,111,789 times
@ fallingwater....I had some horrible neighbors a few years ago. She was really a strange person who started hating us. She even went to the post office and told them I was stealing her mail and she wanted me prosecuted. She kept going to the post office and telling them I was stealing her packages (but then the post office would get the package which hadn't even been delivered to the neighbor yet). The post office laughed when she left as they knew I was house bound recovering from major surgery and at the time the postman was bringing my mail to the door instead of putting it in the rural mailbox, so how could I steal my neighbors mail. And living in a rural area, I would have to drive to get to their house. They also knew her mental state was in question.

This neighbor was so enraged at us for no reason other than jealously we think, that they up and sold the house and moved and she told the new buyers what a horrible neighbor I was and that I stole mail. I went to the local county state's attorney and filed a harrassment charge against her.....never heard anymore from the old biddy. But at one time we were rather afraid that she might try to burn down our house as they had a couple of suspicious fires when they lived next door.

Those awful neighbors are a pain.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,443,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Papers ... Paper ... Oh and PAPERS ...

Also, trying to find a place for everything ... Got rid of approximately 30 articles of clothing (in bag to give away) and working on catching up on shredding ... Too bad I cannot go straight through and shred everything because the motor on my shredder will burn out (had this happen twice already)...
Chatt, sorry that I forgot to look back last night. You are going in the right direction. Good for you! The clothes will go away. Now keep shredding when you can. (I have burned out a motor on a shredder so don't worry!). Shred by hand if you can -- you are on the right track. You want to shred and get rid of those papers! Concentrate on them right now.
I'll check back later today. Don't let me forget!

Old 11-19-2012, 02:54 PM

OK Chatt ...we are going to unclutter the Chatterdome! Hope you're having a good day.

You are really going in the right direction by shredding those papers. What will you do with the shreds? Are they recycled, garbage or etc? Getting those papers shredded and out of your living space will work wonders. Will you have papers left over after you've finished shredding that will need to be organized? I have lots of good ideas for that. What we want to concentrate on is finishing the shredding.

Also, will an organization pick up the clothes? That's another chunk of freed up immediate living space.

I am so proud of you! Getting started is the first step. You've already past that. Those clothes are a project done and now you are well under way on the second project.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:17 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,425,722 times
The real estate market STILL stinks!!!!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:18 PM

So I got up early to run some errands. Stopped at a fast food joint and hit the drive thru. A place I dont really care for but the traffic is crazy and it was close to my next stop. My first mistake. They were busy and had people running out and bringing drinks and taking payments so by the time you got to the window your order is ready. They hand me my food and Im waiting for my debit card. The kid in the window just looks at me like what do you want. I ask for my debit card. He gives me a blank look, converses with his manager who is actually running the window. He goes pale and then informs me that they accidentally gave my card to the car in front of me, which of course is gone by now.

The kid apologizes and assures me that the other customer will probably return my card. Really? I dont about you but Im just not that freaking trusting. The kid looked like he was on the verge of tears (probably because the manager made him break the news to me) but the manager who actually gave out my card didnt seem to sweat it. The kid asked for my name and phone number. So I had to drive to my bank, cancel my card and order a new one. Just what I wanted no debit card the week of Thanksgiving. Also I ordered something online and it hasnt processed yet. I asked the bank if they would deny the purchase now since I used that card. They assured me that it probably was already authorized and would still process. We shall see. So I leave the bank without getting cash, go to the next store to pick up a few things. Daa...I dont have my debit card on me.

I come home, no phone call. So whoever was given my card hasn't called the fast food joint to say they have it. My bank assured me that if any charges are made I wont be responsible. Well great, they probably wouldnt have a chance anyway since it was less than 15 min. when the whole situation occured but still dont like the feeling of someone out there having my card. Oh and my meal sucked like I knew it would.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:32 PM

That is a rough start to the day!

Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,042,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
So I got up early to run some errands. Stopped at a fast food joint and hit the drive thru. A place I dont really care for but the traffic is crazy and it was close to my next stop. My first mistake. They were busy and had people running out and bringing drinks and taking payments so by the time you got to the window your order is ready. They hand me my food and Im waiting for my debit card. The kid in the window just looks at me like what do you want. I ask for my debit card. He gives me a blank look, converses with his manager who is actually running the window. He goes pale and then informs me that they accidentally gave my card to the car in front of me, which of course is gone by now.

The kid apologizes and assures me that the other customer will probably return my card. Really? I dont about you but Im just not that freaking trusting. The kid looked like he was on the verge of tears (probably because the manager made him break the news to me) but the manager who actually gave out my card didnt seem to sweat it. The kid asked for my name and phone number. So I had to drive to my bank, cancel my card and order a new one. Just what I wanted no debit card the week of Thanksgiving. Also I ordered something online and it hasnt processed yet. I asked the bank if they would deny the purchase now since I used that card. They assured me that it probably was already authorized and would still process. We shall see. So I leave the bank without getting cash, go to the next store to pick up a few things. Daa...I dont have my debit card on me.

I come home, no phone call. So whoever was given my card hasn't called the fast food joint to say they have it. My bank assured me that if any charges are made I wont be responsible. Well great, they probably wouldnt have a chance anyway since it was less than 15 min. when the whole situation occured but still dont like the feeling of someone out there having my card. Oh and my meal sucked like I knew it would.
That's gotta be the WORST news for the week or for the YEAR come to think of it!

I would be talking with the manager and letting him know that HE will be responsible for ALL the charges on that card!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
That's gotta be the WORST news for the week or for the YEAR come to think of it!

I would be talking with the manager and letting him know that HE will be responsible for ALL the charges on that card!!!!!!!
Called corporate and the district manager called me. She was a bit thick on the empathy. Sounded like she wanted to cry. Since I work in a complaint dept of sorts myself I didnt rip her a new one but strongly expressed that this is a huge screw up. I told her that Im sure the organization doesnt want to be responsible for a customer having their identity stolen. Lets face it, times are tough. Some would really like this opportunity to go on a spending spree. Im also ticked because we have plans to go to Chicago and do some xmas shopping. The bank is going to try hard and get me a new debit card by tomorrow. Im not counting on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics