Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,437,205 times

Advertisements

Well fellow posters . . . I've had some great things happen this week but none on the job front so I am frustrated today. I saw on another thread where a poster had moved and finally had another job. That is wonderful, wonderful news. Their time frame for their location seems to be the same as mine -- around three months.

I know that I am doing everything humanly possible. I have lived here before and know the ins and outs of the area. In August I was really making some progress but all of that seems to have fizzled out. This week everything has been a dead end.The years in Atlanta were not good ones, by and large, and I am so ready to get back to work, start paying down credit card debt and get on with life. This move has been rather challenging at times but I've handled everything so far and things are on a pretty even keel except for the employment front.

This morning I missed a phone call and thought "yippee . . . it has to be from so and so." Turns out it was a wrong number.

Thanks for listening. I am a positive person but some days "get you" and I'm not feeling great today anyway. Nothing specific, I'm just tired.

It's about time for dinner and that should make me feel better. Thanks again everyone.

Last edited by antiquesmountainapache; 09-06-2012 at 05:17 PM..

Old 09-06-2012, 06:49 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,752,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post
Well fellow posters . . . I've had some great things happen this week but none on the job front so I am frustrated today. I saw on another thread where a poster had moved and finally had another job. That is wonderful, wonderful news. Their time frame for their location seems to be the same as mine -- around three months.

I know that I am doing everything humanly possible. I have lived here before and know the ins and outs of the area. In August I was really making some progress but all of that seems to have fizzled out. This week everything has been a dead end.The years in Atlanta were not good ones, by and large, and I am so ready to get back to work, start paying down credit card debt and get on with life. This move has been rather challenging at times but I've handled everything so far and things are on a pretty even keel except for the employment front.

This morning I missed a phone call and thought "yippee . . . it has to be from so and so." Turns out it was a wrong number.

Thanks for listening. I am a positive person but some days "get you" and I'm not feeling great today anyway. Nothing specific, I'm just tired.

It's about time for dinner and that should make me feel better. Thanks again everyone.

Sorry your day wasn't so good,will a cyber hug help?Hang in there.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:49 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,017,547 times
Hope you get something soon, AMA. Looking for a job is a very difficult and sometimes a humiliating experience. It can make people negative, so I'm glad you are trying to keep positive and focused on your goal. Stress can make one more tired than a day of ditch digging. Don't forget to give yourself a little R & R, watch a funny movie, do something that interests ya, whatever helps to take your mind off the problems of the day. Good Luck to you.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:58 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,880,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post

1. Eat a massive dinner and make yourself happy.

2. Get 8 hours of quality sleep tonight.

3. Wake up, eat a healthy breakfast, and exercise.

4. Realize you just started yourself off to an awesome new day.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 PM

Went to the doctor, he made me mad, I yelled at him, least he apologized for being an arse. More than many would do I suppose. I knew I'd lost weight, stress, depression/anxiety can do that. But I didn't think it was as much as it was.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:07 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,416,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Went to the doctor, he made me mad, I yelled at him, least he apologized for being an arse. More than many would do I suppose. I knew I'd lost weight, stress, depression/anxiety can do that. But I didn't think it was as much as it was.
doc being an arse, huh... Interesting.

It didnt bother me until now how people are getting lazy each day! Is it that hard to wake up at 8am (I understand some circumstances but really????)?

Old 09-09-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
doc being an arse, huh... Interesting.
Oh ya, real interesting.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:23 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,989,620 times
So I make a special trip to the grocery store where I wanted to pick up a packaged of walnut sticky buns from the bakery department. You know those are the best sticky buns in town but they’re out of them! {{{ OUT }}} like none to be found in the bakery.

Life without sticky buns in the morning is not the way to start your day!

Old 09-09-2012, 01:48 PM

12,335 posts, read 17,217,975 times
Default A bit rough today.

Long day, Rocky start, close friend broke up with his live in girl, Another is sick and my knee hurts. Lots of action and communication today. I think tomorrow will be good though!

Old 09-09-2012, 02:15 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,880,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
So I make a special trip to the grocery store where I wanted to pick up a packaged of walnut sticky buns from the bakery department. You know those are the best sticky buns in town but they’re out of them! {{{ OUT }}} like none to be found in the bakery.

Life without sticky buns in the morning is not the way to start your day!
What's a sticky bun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics