Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 10:05 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

Wheel balancing! Ugh,,,, what a headache. I bought new tires a while back and they said it included all the extras to include lifetime balancing. Well now that I feel that I need to have them balanced again to clear up the problem I’m feeling in the steering wheel they tell me it’s not the tires and that I need to go somewhere else for this service work.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:04 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times
I'm probably alone in this but Im really getting sick of the word Hero being thrown around so much. Everyone is hero now. Nurses, teachers, cops, firefighters, military, and so on. I guess I've never been big on the whole Hero thing. I am finding now people referencing themselves as heroes. When I was in college I had to write a paper on my hero. I didn't have one. One the worst assignments I had. Maybe I am over thinking it but it just gets on my nerves. Its not that I dont think heroism doesnt exist. I just think its rare and that is why its so special. Yesterday my son came home and said a Senior that graduated last year from his high school came back to talk with the kids. He was in full Marine uniform. He ran into my son in the hallway and chatted with him. He asked my son if he wanted to join the service. My son said not really. The other boy's response was, "don't you want to be a hero?"

Old 09-14-2012, 12:11 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
My sister just bought a condo with an HOA. As much as I care for my sister she is a real pain in the neck. Complete type A personality. Where she lives HOA's are not typical so this will be a new experience for her. Where I live HOA's are common and I have one in my subdivision. So she asked me a few questions about how things go and I offered my knowledge and advice. She said I was wrong. Really? I asked her if she read her covenants. "what's that?!" Ummm...the HOA rules? She said she glanced at them but the guy selling her the condo gave her a brief on the rules. Ya, believe the guy that wants to unload the place. I get so sick of her acting like Im a dumb arse. She also said the HOA cannot raise the fees. Really? That's news to me. sigh. I think she has a rude awakening coming. I dont mind a HOA but there are many different types. Laid back and suffocatingly strict. I think before signing on the dotted line it might be wise to actually read the paperwork and well...just...maybe listen to someone that has some knowledge about them. Pff...whatever.

It is the best thing to do when someone asks you a question you give them the correct answer and then they tell you that you are wrong. Good luck to her

Old 09-14-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Wheel balancing! Ugh,,,, what a headache. I bought new tires a while back and they said it included all the extras to include lifetime balancing. Well now that I feel that I need to have them balanced again to clear up the problem I’m feeling in the steering wheel they tell me it’s not the tires and that I need to go somewhere else for this service work.

It could be your steering and not the tires or balancing.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:16 PM

My vent today would be vehicle insurance companies, well not the company the agent who represents said company. We have had the same gal for almost 2 years now and in the last 2 weeks she has completely ignored my request and blown me off by not returning 2 calls. I have also been trying to straighten out an issue that had already taken 3 calls without any satisfaction. Today is the 7th day since I left a message for her to return my call and nothing so I am going in a wee bit to an agent who is with the same company but much closer to my home and I am transferring all of our policies to this agent. We started with one vehicle policy and renters insurance 2 years ago, we now have 3 vehicles, 1 renters policy and 1 life insurance policy so it isn't like we have not increased our coverage which also increased our rates. It is just quite frustrating for me to be paying your for a service and completely ignored not once but 3 times.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:20 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
Certainly that word is over used by the media and people parrott what they hear.

Here is an excellent example of a real hero. Real-life superman leaps in front of train to save one-year-old blown onto tracks by wind...as mom freezes in terror | Mail Online

Old 09-14-2012, 03:59 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,790 times
Quote:
I'm probably alone in this but Im really getting sick of the word Hero being thrown around so much. Everyone is hero now. Nurses, teachers, cops, firefighters, military, and so on. I guess I've never been big on the whole Hero thing. I am finding now people referencing themselves as heroes. When I was in college I had to write a paper on my hero. I didn't have one. One the worst assignments I had. Maybe I am over thinking it but it just gets on my nerves. Its not that I dont think heroism doesnt exist. I just think its rare and that is why its so special. Yesterday my son came home and said a Senior that graduated last year from his high school came back to talk with the kids. He was in full Marine uniform. He ran into my son in the hallway and chatted with him. He asked my son if he wanted to join the service. My son said not really. The other boy's response was, "don't you want to be a hero?"
I'm right with you on this.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
I have tuned out on trash media.
On my drs advice.

Yes, there are few heroes today, thats for certain. Esp in the shallow celeb culture that is america.

I cant afford Doctor 90210, so I will be off CD for a bit.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I went into the gym late last month to update my billing info as my credit card number changed. I also inquired about lowering my monthly payments. I spoke with a manager on duty who was getting the contract started to do a buydown (where I had to pay a fee to get a lower monthly dues) ... I was going to go through with it until he got to the part about asking me for my new credit card number. He was getting ready to write it on the back of the contract he was completing but I refused to give it to him citing my concerns about how they handle such sensitive info as I was recently a victim of credit card fraud. He trivialized my concerns and practically looked at me like I was dumb as he explained how the card number would be locked into the safe as he would need to wait until Monday to get a hold of a corporate person to input the number into their system for billing. I told this idiot to contact me when someone is able to process my credit card update and new contract.

A few days later, I still have yet to receive the promised call from this manager and decided to go ahead and cancel my membership. I'm just sick of dealing with these fitness club jerks who remind me of used car salesmen. I initiated the process online and mailed the required form as instructed. I received an email from the corporate office confirming my cancellation and that my membership would expire on October 12 as I've paid first and last month when I initially signed up. The letter indicated my final billing date was August 12th, which I paid already. I was relieved that they did not try to charge me an additional month. So now I get a call from the operations manager from my local club who is confirming whether I want to cancel as they initiated the new contract. She states that I signed the new contract, which I did not. She said that they will bill me and then refund my money after 3-5 business days. I explained what had happened during that meeting with the evening manager and that I did NOT sign anything. I also told her that they still don't have my current credit card on file. She said not to worry as it just won't go through.

So NOW, I just got an email confirming my cancellation but THIS email states that my final billing date is Sept 12th and my membership expires SEPT 12th! ... So basically, they are saying that I have to pay dues tomorrow AND that my membership is NOW expired when I'm paid up until October???!! I really hate dealing with this crap but, alas, I need to call corporate to straighten this out as their initial cancellation confirmation email was correct. They need to be aware that I NEVER SIGNED anything and I will not be responsible for another months dues because my signature was forged.
Update: After a very frustrating call to corporate and losing my cool with the jerk, I contacted the operations manager at my local gym and she corrected my expiration date and advised me that my balance is zero ... Glad she was able to resolve the issue.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:51 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Wow, today sucked.

Bahaha yeah right! I got a date with the most beautiful woman I've ever seen!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-14-2012 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language on this forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics