Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 01:07 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,096,523 times

Advertisements

Update: I got back home a while ago from the concert and the decibel level was no where near as bad as it was two years ago ... I did not even need to remove my hearing aids. Concert went really well even though we were located verrrry high up! (gulp!)

Old 08-26-2012, 01:27 AM

44,744 posts, read 62,057,337 times
Looks like a big crowd. Is that Dodger Stadium. What concert did you see.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:29 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,096,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Looks like a big crowd. Is that Dodger Stadium. What concert did you see.
Yeah ... It was a packed stadium with the exception of the empty rows behind the stage. This was at Angels Stadium in Anaheim and it was for Harvest America 2012 ... There were a few Christian bands and a message from Greg Laurie, who pastors Harvest church in Riverside. I really enjoyed myself

Old 08-26-2012, 01:37 AM

44,744 posts, read 62,057,337 times
Cool...

Old 08-26-2012, 10:54 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,810,801 times
A stupid vent, but here goes.
This year I discovered the pleasure of baking bacon. It comes out terrific if you bake it, crisp, flat and tasty.
I'd line a large rimmed cookie sheet with foil, add a rack, then place the bacon strips on the rack and into the oven they'd go.

I wanted to cook the whole pound of bacon, wrapping the extra up and keeping it in the fridge to use during the week, only I needed another rack. The ones I have are too small, or too big, and the one I use hangs out over the edge, so I have to be very careful pulling the baking sheet out of the oven.

I found a baking rack that was the perfect size for my pans. It was Calphalon, but I found it at a low price, competitive with regular racks, so I bought it.
It was no stick - cool.
I baked 1/2 a pound of bacon on it and the strips came out stuck fast every time. It said to hand wash, never place in the dishwasher...grrrrr... as I scrubbed the grease and bacon bits off the rack.
I decided to spray the darn thing with nonstick cooking spray. Same results every time. grrrrr

Why is it that the "higher quality" kitchen items always seem to require hand washing? I remember when it was the cheap junk that needed hand washing because they couldn't stand up to the dishwashers.

Anyway, I've noted on my to do list that I should look for another rack. The Calphalon is in the dishwasher. I guess I can use it as a drying rack in my studio or something. I'm sick of getting ticked off because I have to fight with the stupid thing just to eat my bacon.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:45 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,219,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
A stupid vent, but here goes.
This year I discovered the pleasure of baking bacon. It comes out terrific if you bake it, crisp, flat and tasty.
I'd line a large rimmed cookie sheet with foil, add a rack, then place the bacon strips on the rack and into the oven they'd go.

I wanted to cook the whole pound of bacon, wrapping the extra up and keeping it in the fridge to use during the week, only I needed another rack. The ones I have are too small, or too big, and the one I use hangs out over the edge, so I have to be very careful pulling the baking sheet out of the oven.

I found a baking rack that was the perfect size for my pans. It was Calphalon, but I found it at a low price, competitive with regular racks, so I bought it.
It was no stick - cool.
I baked 1/2 a pound of bacon on it and the strips came out stuck fast every time. It said to hand wash, never place in the dishwasher...grrrrr... as I scrubbed the grease and bacon bits off the rack.
I decided to spray the darn thing with nonstick cooking spray. Same results every time. grrrrr

Why is it that the "higher quality" kitchen items always seem to require hand washing? I remember when it was the cheap junk that needed hand washing because they couldn't stand up to the dishwashers.

Anyway, I've noted on my to do list that I should look for another rack. The Calphalon is in the dishwasher. I guess I can use it as a drying rack in my studio or something. I'm sick of getting ticked off because I have to fight with the stupid thing just to eat my bacon.
years ago when my son joined boy scouts, the troop made breakfast for everyone. They cooked the bacon in the oven. I have no idea why it never occurred to me to make it that way. All those years of grease splattered counters and stove. sigh.

Yes, the nicer cookware requires hand washing. I love Calphalon and it was the first set I purchased for myself when I got married 17 yrs ago. I was going to replace the set and found that many complained the quality severely diminished since they changed their processes in the late 90's. I bought a set from JCP. Their Cooks line. I do not see any quality differences between this new set and the old Calphalon set I had. It was a quarter of the cost. I havent attempted to buy one of Calphalon's cookie sheets. Thanks for the heads up. I think I will pass. Cookie sheets IMO are pretty much throw aways after 9 months. If you get a year out of them, you are lucky. I buy the ones at Wal-Mart for 7.97.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:17 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,590,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Well ... I'd go above your advisor if he/she is missing in action ... This needs to be resolved and I'd be mighty persistent if I were you. BTW: I'm a college counselor myself.
I'll make sure it gets settled. They aren't going to hold me back from graduating over this. I don't have any money left to give them.

You sound like a much better college counselor than I have ever had.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:23 PM

3 posts, read 2,465 times
I have to vent about how sick and tired I am of guys treating me like crap. They are so nice on the first date and they never give me a second chance. I am 22 and have never had a boyfriend =( guys are mean, they all want what I don't want to give and they don't give me a chance. I don't know what to do anymore. I honestly think I just want to be single for life and give up completely on dating. I can't handle the hurt anymore and just want it to go away =(

anyone else in my boat? and if so, how do you deal?

Old 08-26-2012, 06:53 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,891,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolle12 View Post
I have to vent about how sick and tired I am of guys treating me like crap. They are so nice on the first date and they never give me a second chance. I am 22 and have never had a boyfriend =( guys are mean, they all want what I don't want to give and they don't give me a chance. I don't know what to do anymore. I honestly think I just want to be single for life and give up completely on dating. I can't handle the hurt anymore and just want it to go away =(

Lol well I'm a guy who's got no game to begin with but if you are 22 and have never had a boyfriend, there has to be a reason. And from your post, it seems like it's because you don't like to go very far if you know what I mean. Of course, there's nothing wrong with that, but it might be your answer.

Guys don't typically like girls who do not maintain themselves very well (girls who don't stay in shape, take care of their looks, etc.). Not sure if this applies to you but of course physical appearances have a lot to do with attraction.

I don't know if there's a women's version of AskMen.com, but it's worth looking into. I love going on there and reading about how to look freakin' handsome as hell, how to be a smooth talker, how to have the life I want, and most importantly, the confidence that is necessary for success in anything in life.

Wow, that was deep. This may be the only semi-helpful post I've ever written in the history of my membership of CD.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:04 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,024,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolle12 View Post

Where have you been finding these people? You might have better luck by volunteering with a helping organization of some kind. People that are giving their time to help.... animals, old people, kids, etc., are generally more mature and not so phony. You might consider that option. There are still some nice guys, but many in that age group tend to be immature and superficial. Thats true of older people as well these days. Good Luck, don't give up hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics