Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 06:06 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,898,206 times

Advertisements

Went to the doctors office for another test, this time an EKG while on the treadmill. Things are good in that there might be a little 30% chance of some blockage in one or two arteries. The bad news is that the doctor wants me to go for another heart test at the hospital in the next couple of weeks. I think he said nothing to worry about just bring the checkbook with you,,,, lol However I'm not interested in more tests really ,, but I'll do it.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:16 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,508,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Went to the doctors office for another test, this time an EKG while on the treadmill. Things are good in that there might be a little 30% chance of some blockage in one or two arteries. The bad news is that the doctor wants me to go for another heart test at the hospital in the next couple of weeks. I think he said nothing to worry about just bring the checkbook with you,,,, lol However I'm not interested in more tests really ,, but I'll do it.
Sorry, apparently I'm no good at spreading cause they say I need to do more of it. Anyhow, hope things go well for you, AksarbeN.

I pushed for more tests when the doctor said everything was fine when I was sure it wasn't. Anyhow, next Friday marks 1 year since I had my triple bypass and I'm still here. I'm afraid if I hadn't pushed the doctors, I might not be around anymore.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:39 PM

^^ Thanks,,,, I’m not worried and I don’t have any conditions or symptoms that I’m aware of for a heart problem, but I’m happy that the doctor is concerned enough to want more tests for me. I’ve been going to him for 30 years now and he’s great at keeping me healthy.

I’m glad your triple bypass worked so well. My dad had that done years ago and it extended his life for another 15 years or so. The only side effect was his disposition seemed to change somewhat and he was a little cranky at times. They say it happens to a lot of people with heart operations.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:32 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,031,596 times
Ok ... So I decided to be productive this evening and apply to a few postings. Well, there is a position which has an extended deadline as per their HR website and still open for filing. I even spoke to an employee and she encouraged me to apply. So I go into the online system which requires that the application be completed prior to attaching a specific job. I just spent at least 30 minutes updating my data as I've used their system years ago. Finally, I completed the application and now ready to apply ... Uh ... Helloooo .... Where's the JOB ... It's still on HR's webpage but not available in the online application???? I need to contact HR to find out if the job is actually STILL accepting applications or did I just waste 30 minutes of my life updating the stupid online application?

Old 03-04-2012, 02:13 PM

I was out at the store buying some new replacement plants for the backyard, the prices were good and I thought why not. So I picked up five new bushes and checked out only to find minutes later before I left the store that I was over charged when the scanner read the prices on the pots. The clerk couldn't give any money back on the sale but refereed me to the returned desk. After walking to the "other end" of the store and getting to the cashier, she referred me to the other guy who was just opening his cash register because she was closing down for the day. He couldn't give me a refund on the over charged price until he established himself in the computer system of the register. It seemed forever to get back to the parking lot and drive away. So I did save some money but lost the time.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:54 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,623,751 times
Can we vent about the Mods on here also?

Last edited by JD59; 03-05-2012 at 04:19 PM..

Old 03-05-2012, 04:03 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,748,072 times
Aks hoping for the best results on your tests..both my parents had that done (triple bypasses) and they did very well.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:04 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,254,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Got my fingers crossed for the rest of the tests to be very much okay. They better be taking your insurance info and not your check!

Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,623,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Can we vent about the Mods on here also?
When I posted this I was drinking........

Old 03-05-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
When I posted this I was drinking........

They will pull you over and require you to take a breathalyzer test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics