Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2011, 04:56 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,626,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
Jeez...this really puts my whining about rejected presents into perspective! I sincerely hope she is able to find what she needs and though I am not spiritual, I am still sending good thoughts to everyone in the region (and I'm off to make a donation that will hopefully help more)
Couldn't agree with you more! and "the spirit of compassion" has made rounds.

Quote:
Here's a link to a site that lists places to donate for aid:Typhoon Sendong Relief Efforts: How to Help

Old 12-20-2011, 05:52 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,027,633 times
Thanks for posting that link, PC.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:49 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,855,959 times
Quote:
Here's a link to a site that lists places to donate for aid:Typhoon Sendong Relief Efforts: How to Help
Today I made a donation through an organization where almost all of the funding goes to help those in need in the Philippines. Not a vent at all, it just reminded me that in the past (before I started really checking out who my donations were going to), I made some donations to charitable organization which were not that charitable.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:16 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,881,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Today I made a donation through an organization where almost all of the funding goes to help those in need in the Philippines. Not a vent at all, it just reminded me that in the past (before I started really checking out who my donations were going to), I made some donations to charitable organization which were not that charitable.
Yeah...it honestly is really hard to find the correct places to donate. Having posted that, I do encourage people to do their research. Especially with this situation, as when I was searching I kept coming up with information from the past disasters in that area, and it was making it difficult to tell which charities were still active at the current time. Consider the link a starting point.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:55 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,027,633 times
Personally, I prefer the Salvation Army to the Red Cross. But for sure do some checking before making any donation.

Philippine Territory : The Salvation Army Philippine Territory Website

Old 12-21-2011, 09:38 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,855,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Personally, I prefer the Salvation Army to the Red Cross. But for sure do some checking before making any donation.

Philippine Territory : The Salvation Army Philippine Territory Website
Todd I would agree with you. I had a Grandfather who served in WW1, and uncles in WW2. They both were of the opinion that the SA did far more for the soldier than the Red Cross. In Canada I like giving to World Vision and also Mennonite Central Committee, or MCC as it is known.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:33 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,022,335 times
The warning light came on the dash panel that the tire pressure was questionable. I stopped at a tire store and had them check the air pressure. The light is still on and after reading the manual to find out more, it simply tells me to take the car in for service at the dealership. I don’t know why all these years I was able to get along just fine without having a warning lite for tire pressure. I’ve got other things to do today!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 3 days ago)

4,733 posts, read 3,302,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The warning light came on the dash panel that the tire pressure was questionable. I stopped at a tire store and had them check the air pressure. The light is still on and after reading the manual to find out more, it simply tells me to take the car in for service at the dealership. I don’t know why all these years I was able to get along just fine without having a warning lite for tire pressure. I’ve got other things to do today!!!!!!
If you live in a cold weather climate sometimes that little light will come on for no reason. Usually if you put in a couple of pounds of air and drive a few miles the little light will go off.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:48 PM

3,970 posts, read 8,552,855 times
Employers who cut staffing so much to the bare minimum that when someone calls in sick, they have to call in someone on their ONE day off for the week to cover.

(No, I wasn't the one called in, but DW and I own the house that the person who did get called in had scheduled to come and view with the extreme likelihood that an offer to purchase would have developed. Oh well, I guess it is one way to force us to keep things picked up and dusted. )

Old 12-21-2011, 07:49 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,022,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
If you live in a cold weather climate sometimes that little light will come on for no reason. Usually if you put in a couple of pounds of air and drive a few miles the little light will go off.
You're correct. I drove to the car dealership service department (after the trip to the tire store) and they put "more" air in the tires and the spare. The light went out after that. I would have thought the tire store would have put enough air in them on that first trip? go figure. However I was able to stop for lunch while in route back home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics