Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2011, 12:05 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,372,350 times

Advertisements

Paying for HD and then u don't get it, or u have to jump through special hoops to find it or it just plain is not available for some programming yet your are charged for it anyway.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:41 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,993,951 times
The break in and burglary of my neighbor’s home still haunts me, I don’t sleep well but it’s still fresh in my mind. Unfortunately they didn’t get caught yet, however the police did all they could to catch them that night, they arrived in five minutes from the time Mrs Aks called 911 and the first officer was parked outside my home where I was monitoring the front of the neighbor’s house.

The security video shows that the two guys ran away from the house from the side yard and out the front then down the street the opposite direction of the first police car that arrived. Damn what bad luck, that was the only time I had taken my eyes off the front of their home was to run back inside and check to see if dispatch was sending the officers out that they two guys were able to make their escape and got away.

I have a good feeling however that they will be caught from the information on the video and the more attentive police presents. Last night (Sun) there were three or four police cars parked in the neighborhood monitoring the area in hopes of seeing these two guys return.

Lesson learned: If you see a crime in progress call 911 first (did that) and keep your eyes on the issue (I had left for only a minute) monitor the scene until the police arrive.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:07 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,475,265 times
I announced last night I would be giving the washing machine a run out this morning.
Judy's mum asked, "room for four pairs of my knickers and a girdle David?" "Well..." I
replied. Judy glared at me and said "David!" I already had one of her nighties and a dress
to deal with...... She normally washes her knickers by hand, and hangs them outside to
dry, but the weather has been a bit iffy. So, washing machine went on this morning. I
hung it all outside to dry, sort of half dried in the cool dry weather. So I've had to put
the tumble dryer on. The old girl's knickers, girdle, nightie and dress have filled the thing....

Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,372,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The break in and burglary of my neighbor’s home still haunts me, I don’t sleep well but it’s still fresh in my mind. Unfortunately they didn’t get caught yet, however the police did all they could to catch them that night, they arrived in five minutes from the time Mrs Aks called 911 and the first officer was parked outside my home where I was monitoring the front of the neighbor’s house.

The security video shows that the two guys ran away from the house from the side yard and out the front then down the street the opposite direction of the first police car that arrived. Damn what bad luck, that was the only time I had taken my eyes off the front of their home was to run back inside and check to see if dispatch was sending the officers out that they two guys were able to make their escape and got away.

I have a good feeling however that they will be caught from the information on the video and the more attentive police presents. Last night (Sun) there were three or four police cars parked in the neighborhood monitoring the area in hopes of seeing these two guys return.

Lesson learned: If you see a crime in progress call 911 first (did that) and keep your eyes on the issue (I had left for only a minute) monitor the scene until the police arrive.
U guys are good neighbors. It is unsettling when someone is the victim of a crime so close to u. Give ur self some time it will get better.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:23 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,019,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

They will get caught, they will likely target the same or adjoining areas, they often do. I use to be a cop, I've chased many a burglar. Sometimes they are pro's but most of the time amateurs and kids. Great you were able to help, you handled it well. I know our past neighbors would have probably done nothing even if they had seen them unloading the whole house. People in these rural areas where I live now sometimes get hit cuz there are no close neighbors around. They wouldn't likely try my place when they heard my dogs barking. I'd always planned to get one of those things that tells if someone is in the driveway, real cool device.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:30 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,084,902 times
*sigh* Yet again, I am without a dial tone on my land line phone and have to wait until Wednesday for another 4-hour service window. Gosh! I'm so fed up with this

Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,423,187 times
Default What's with all the phone books being dropped on my doorstep?

This year I think I have received 6 phone books, all from different companies. I don't hardly use phone books anymore and yet I receive more than I ever use to. Anyone else being buried in phone books?

Old 12-12-2011, 07:34 PM

62,321 posts, read 88,248,980 times
I tear out the pages with coupons and the rest goes direct to the recycling bin.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:48 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,061,975 times
Interesting. I found 2 on my doorstep the other day from the phone book fairy.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,084,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
*sigh* Yet again, I am without a dial tone on my land line phone and have to wait until Wednesday for another 4-hour service window. Gosh! I'm so fed up with this
This Thursday, Verizon will receive their walking papers as I'm switching my local phone service to Time Warner ... At least their cable service has been much more reliable versus Verizon's land line service as I currently have them for internet. They are much cheaper so I should have done this sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics