Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2011, 07:06 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,855,648 times

Advertisements

Aaaahhh, I'm feeling so stressed out. I love holidays, but I hate them at the same time...I have tons of Christmas cards that I have to write, not enough time, and apparently, I am missing more than half the envelopes...

Old 12-10-2011, 08:25 AM

5,296 posts, read 7,264,480 times
Laundry sure piles up fast this time of year.....

Old 12-10-2011, 10:43 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,371,675 times
Freakin kids (who know everything) beating u to the bathing room... I make the water extra hot so that I can take my time preparing for my bath and u would think that means that bathroom is being occupied even it I am not in it... I think a daughter would understand that better -my son's position is the bath tub is completely separate from the shower so he's not going to touch my bath water and he's going to be in and out of the shower in 15 minutes or less. Well what do u do???? Maybe the kid is right.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:04 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,992,171 times
I'm just remembering I need to make one more trip to the attic to do another repair,,,,,,,, I don't want to go up there but while it's cool outside it's cool in the attic and much easier to work up there. This is a fix-it that can't wait till summer.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:37 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,992,171 times
Angry Home brake in.

Sadly my neighbor’s house was broken into and burglarized Sat night. It was very interesting however that my “newly” installed security alarms worked so well. I have cameras that helped identify the “who” and the time of the burglary, and only two days ago I put a new wireless audible alarm sensor at my driveway. It’s a “heat” sensor and when the two guys walked by my driveway and cut into the neighbor’s yard the alarm went off letting me know that something had occurred. I checked things outside in the front yard but it looked ok. Minutes later we heard a noise in the backyard and when I went out to check that I noticed the neighbor’s backdoor was broken into and the dogs were barking at the house while they were in the backyard. This indicated that the criminals were inside the house. We called 911 right away. About six or more cars showed up and closed off the area for several blocks. Police helicopters flew overhead for a while with their search lights on looking for the criminals in case they had left the house.

Unfortunately, no one was caught tonight, however they have some video of mine that will help id these two guys and hopefully catch them in the next few days.

It’s that time of year when we need to be more aware of our neighborhoods and who is here that shouldn’t be. Crime at Christmas time is terrible because so many people are away from home at parties or shopping etc.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:19 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,474,592 times
Yeah, it's the same here. Christmas time and burglers. They go together like cheese
and crackers. There are always reports of break ins with presents and such being stolen.
Nowadays though, you get crimes so cruel they make the TV news. One such case a
week ago involved an old lady taken from her home to hospital suddenly. Same night
someone broke in her home and stole her jewellry. But, as they were leaving, they blocked
up a sink upstairs, then turned the tap on. You can imagine the damage to this poor old
ladies home. Her family are in shock at such cruelty. This is what we are dealing with these
days - scum of the earth.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:32 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,316,749 times
Wow, Aks. You certainly did all that you could. Glad you reacted so quickly, but sorry they didn't get them right away. I hope they do soon, tho, with the help of your video. Amazing.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:50 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,365,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Sadly my neighbor’s house was broken into and burglarized Sat night. It was very interesting however that my “newly” installed security alarms worked so well. I have cameras that helped identify the “who” and the time of the burglary, and only two days ago I put a new wireless audible alarm sensor at my driveway. It’s a “heat” sensor and when the two guys walked by my driveway and cut into the neighbor’s yard the alarm went off letting me know that something had occurred. I checked things outside in the front yard but it looked ok. Minutes later we heard a noise in the backyard and when I went out to check that I noticed the neighbor’s backdoor was broken into and the dogs were barking at the house while they were in the backyard. This indicated that the criminals were inside the house. We called 911 right away. About six or more cars showed up and closed off the area for several blocks. Police helicopters flew overhead for a while with their search lights on looking for the criminals in case they had left the house.

Unfortunately, no one was caught tonight, however they have some video of mine that will help id these two guys and hopefully catch them in the next few days.

It’s that time of year when we need to be more aware of our neighborhoods and who is here that shouldn’t be. Crime at Christmas time is terrible because so many people are away from home at parties or shopping etc.
WOW! Good for you Aks! That's great having a security system like that installed!

We had our cars broken into a few years ago and stole my husband's tools totalling over 4000.00 and a bunch of electronic devices! Hope they catch those thieves!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:56 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,850,494 times
Kudos to you, Aks. Hope they catch the bad guys. Christmas is a time of year when vehicles get broken into, if there are visible shopping bags that are easy to grab. A sure giveaway of the givings is all the empty boxes outside of folks homes. It makes them a real target for thieves.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:59 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,611,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

What a scary experience Aks, so brave on your part to check outside unarmed...thank goodness you're safe. I hope the burglars get caught soon.
A good thing you have surveillance cameras and security alarm installed around your house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics