Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 10:15 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,707,450 times

Advertisements

Well I am locking myself in the attic for Xmas in lieu of dating.lol....Can someone please explain why a man of advanced age (I am being way kind here too,lol)....needs to brag how 19 yr olds are pursuing him....I want my 1000 text minutes back. lol.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:35 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,037,006 times
"Can someone please explain why a man of advanced age (I am being way kind here too,lol)....needs to brag how 19 yr olds are pursuing him"

Why? Call it the poor man's Hugh Hefner syndrome. The fear of being old and over the hill, so he pretends he's still a babe magnet.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,348,672 times
Yesterday, while driving down 41 for an appointment, I was surprised to see a gold colored car speed up, run a red light that I was almost upon and turn right into traffic in the lane to the left. Since I was doing 60 at the time, it didn't take me long to get next to her. There she was, this pretty young blond woman.... earphones on, texting, driving (her speed was erratic). I stayed next to her, caught her eye somehow and mouthed "You ran a red light back there!" She looked at me like I had grown an extra head and pulled up so I wouldn't be next to her. Then she slowed down.....then speeded up...... etc.

I hope, if the day ever comes, when she gets in an accident because she didn't hear the ambulance behind her or see the light post coming at her, that the only person hurt or killed is her. Not that I wish that on her - it's almost inevitable that it will if she continues this - just that she takes no one else out when it happens.

ANd TG it wasn't me this time because she never even slowed down for that red light.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:34 AM

14,490 posts, read 26,707,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
"Can someone please explain why a man of advanced age (I am being way kind here too,lol)....needs to brag how 19 yr olds are pursuing him"

Why? Call it the poor man's Hugh Hefner syndrome. The fear of being old and over the hill, so he pretends he's still a babe magnet.
Thanks. See i need a man to explain this vanity to me...I never realized how bad it gets...yes it was a huge deal to prove to me how jealous his housemate was. OMG . It was like I was transported back to college and room-mate competition.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:41 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,865,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Yesterday, while driving down 41 for an appointment, I was surprised to see a gold colored car speed up, run a red light that I was almost upon and turn right into traffic in the lane to the left. Since I was doing 60 at the time, it didn't take me long to get next to her. There she was, this pretty young blond woman.... earphones on, texting, driving (her speed was erratic). I stayed next to her, caught her eye somehow and mouthed "You ran a red light back there!" She looked at me like I had grown an extra head and pulled up so I wouldn't be next to her. Then she slowed down.....then speeded up...... etc.

I hope, if the day ever comes, when she gets in an accident because she didn't hear the ambulance behind her or see the light post coming at her, that the only person hurt or killed is her. Not that I wish that on her - it's almost inevitable that it will if she continues this - just that she takes no one else out when it happens.

ANd TG it wasn't me this time because she never even slowed down for that red light.
Unreal. There are now stiff fines here, demerits, and all kinds of things in place to deter people like this, and yet they drive merrily on, seemingly oblivious to the real world. We actually have commercials here with a few of these driving texters explaining the pain they have caused other folks. They just don't get it...at all.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:24 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,126,301 times
Ok ... Got my new landline phone service installed this morning. Had to make SEVERAL calls to customer service to resolve the issue that they forgot to activate my voicemail and when they added it as an add on, I was advised that it could take up to 24hours. I was livid as I asked for it in my initial order. While I was getting THAT resolved, the call AND my internet dropped so I had to call tech support to get THAT resolved. Finally, the last agent gave me a good credit and my service is working as it should. Life is good once again ... I just hope it stays good ....

Old 12-15-2011, 12:30 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,756,829 times
Why did I have trouble at the self check in Wally world? Used it to save time and it cost me grief...Small items do not self check well and the attendant looked like she may have had a machete under that vest....

Old 12-15-2011, 12:30 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,865,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Ok ... Got my new landline phone service installed this morning. Had to make SEVERAL calls to customer service to resolve the issue that they forgot to activate my voicemail and when they added it as an add on, I was advised that it could take up to 24hours. I was livid as I asked for it in my initial order. While I was getting THAT resolved, the call AND my internet dropped so I had to call tech support to get THAT resolved. Finally, the last agent gave me a good credit and my service is working as it should. Life is good once again ... I just hope it stays good ....
Well, finally We will keep our fingers crossed.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:28 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,903,743 times
For a third year, I've "adopted" one of my school's students for Christmas. This year it's a sophomore, three months pregnant (<*sighs*>) and she provided a list of baby items that she was hoping for. I'm a pretty savvy shopper, and was able to utilize the after-Thanksgiving sales, so I was able to get most of the items she wanted. Still, it cost a pretty penny -- but this is basically the only holiday shopping I do, so that's OK.

Well, anyhoo -- today the girl stopped by the office of the school Social Worker (who coordinates the "adoption" program) and asked if she could have the receipts, because she wanted to exchange something.

And what did she want to exchange?

The car seat I bought her.

Why?

<*drum roll please*>

Because she doesn't like the color.

SHE ... DOESN'T ... LIKE ... THE ... COLOR.

First, I told the Social Worker what the girl could do with the car seat. Then, I said if she doesn't want it, she can give it back and I'll go get a refund -- which I'll keep.

The Social Worker eventually told her she should just say "thanks" and not complain.

Ungrateful child ..... (grumble grumble grumble )

Old 12-15-2011, 03:31 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,037,006 times
Did you read the story about the guy that stabbed his wife to death inside the Walmart store, she worked at a banking location inside the store. Instead of closing the store, they just roped off the area and stayed open. What the hell is wrong with this world. Loss of life doesn't mean a thing anymore, ethics and morals are gone, its all about the all mighty buck. I hope people stop shopping there, though the attitude of businesses all seem the same now a days. Just step over the body and play through.

Cops: Man stabs wife to death at bank in South Carolina Walmart* - NY Daily News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics