Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2011, 02:41 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,568,758 times

Advertisements

Oh I washed and washed and washed my hands

Old 05-08-2011, 02:53 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,055,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyninfl View Post
Today at work while bussing a table a customer left a napkin with drips of blood on it!

Not nice, rude, inconsiderate and a biohazard!

She heard me say "theres blood on that napkin" And she said "Oh I'm sorry, my aunt is a diabetic, she left it there"

WTH.
I truly don't get how folks cannot clean up behind themselves. That was just plain nasty. Being a diabetic is no excuse for just leaving a bloodied napkin lying on the table.

I've been fortunate that I have never encountered that type of boorish behavior but I have seen folks just walk away from where they were sitting without the courtesy of picking up their trash. This is a first-world country but you'd never know it by watching some folks mindlessly littering.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:11 PM

and speaking of the subject of littering.............people who throw cigarette butts on the ground

Old 05-08-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
and speaking of the subject of littering.............people who throw cigarette butts on the ground
That also peeves me as well ESPECIALLY if the darned butt is still lit! Sheesh! That is a FIRE HAZARD waiting to happen!

Old 05-08-2011, 03:45 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,856,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
That also peeves me as well ESPECIALLY if the darned butt is still lit! Sheesh! That is a FIRE HAZARD waiting to happen!
You ain't see fire hazard till you live in drought conditions and see that cig fly out the window of car.

Can we say thousand of acres lost in Texas due to fire. luckily it was in the Texas outback / desert. Not too many homes lost but came close several times.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
You ain't see fire hazard till you live in drought conditions and see that cig fly out the window of car.

Can we say thousand of acres lost in Texas due to fire. luckily it was in the Texas outback / desert. Not too many homes lost but came close several times.
stupid people!

Old 05-08-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post

Is THAT what caused the wildfires to reign out of control in Texas?

Old 05-08-2011, 04:02 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,743,807 times
Quote:
Today at work while bussing a table a customer left a napkin with drips of blood on it!

Not nice, rude, inconsiderate and a biohazard!

She heard me say "theres blood on that napkin" And she said "Oh I'm sorry, my aunt is a diabetic, she left it there"

WTH.
Nice...real nice.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:09 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,743,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I truly don't get how folks cannot clean up behind themselves. That was just plain nasty. Being a diabetic is no excuse for just leaving a bloodied napkin lying on the table.

I've been fortunate that I have never encountered that type of boorish behavior but I have seen folks just walk away from where they were sitting without the courtesy of picking up their trash. This is a first-world country but you'd never know it by watching some folks mindlessly littering.
Absolutely right... How about the people who scream and throw fits because they have kids who drop crap on the floor at home and leave it there for someone else to pick up....THEN you see them out in public, eating something, throw the wrapper on the ground and WHAT? ...expect someone else to pick it up! Wow Forest Gump...
I wonder where your kids learned how to do THAT!?

Old 05-08-2011, 04:15 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,574,158 times
Out here in the rural areas of Oklahoma, some people think it's cool to toss out their mcD's trash right in the middle of the country road, or hwy.

And we live near a well known "dump site" where people come and dump couches, trash bags, dead dogs, anything they don't want to take to the dump. It is about 2 miles from town on a dirt road by a railroad track.

How sad is that? I even saw a man letting his 12 year old boy drive the pickup there. Thereby passing on this behavior as acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics