Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2011, 11:57 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,468,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
I agree. I don't think going to Church makes anyone a good person. I've grown up around Ministers/Priests my whole life. Church and State need to be separate, no ifs, whats or buts. Seems like everyone is pushing their own agenda My Grandfather left the Church after WW1, after spending years as a sniper. I've never forgotten his words of wisdom "All you need to do to be a good Christian is to be a good person, help the less fortunate, and to give back to your country what you can as peacefully as possible". I think one of the reasons he was able to keep us all close was to separate religion and politics in his home and his life. It made for wonderful family times, where we learned to appreciate the differences we had for each other as human beings, and embrace our many differences.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;

Courage to change the things I can;

and
Wisdom to know the difference.

Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Old 10-07-2011, 01:16 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,350,982 times
I want my mother...

Old 10-07-2011, 01:59 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,293,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Yes, gas stations here have one price for cash customers and another price per gallon if you use credit. But in consideration of inflation I was paying almost $14.00 a month 20 years ago every month for my checking account and now I pay nothing. So, $12.00 would be way less than that comparing today's dollar from 20 years ago.
Ah, but those were the days they were also paying out much higher interest. It's give and take; but lately, it seems it's a lot more take than give.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:38 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,448,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Ah, but those were the days they were also paying out much higher interest.

I miss those days

Old 10-07-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;

Courage to change the things I can;

and
Wisdom to know the difference.

Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

I like this one better, lol.

The New Serenity Prayer

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I cannot accept,
and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had
to kill today because they pissed me off.

And also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on
today as they be connected to the ass that I may have
to kiss tomorrow.

Help me to always give 100% at work...
12% on Monday.
23% on Tuesday.
40% on Wednesday.
20% on Thursday.
5% on Friday.

And help me to remember...
When I'm having a really bad day,
and it seems that people are trying to **** me off,
that it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4...
to extend my middle finger and tell them to bite me!

Amen.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:34 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,003,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I agree....I won't vote for for them. So much for separation of Church and State I've had enough bad experiences with people who tell me "I'm a good Christian" They never turn out to be a good Christian. Your actions will speak louder than your words. I run far and fast from people who have to pat themselves on the back because they "think" they are good and they have to "announce" it. Then again...many fools will buy into it....wait and see

I want them to "walk the walk" as well as they "talk the talk". Anyone can talk b.s.
I'm really sickened by the superior attitude of the wear it on your sleeve Christian types. Really from what I've seen, there are more hypocrites in church and in congress/politics, than any other place. I haven't seen any commercials, but is it any different than the video of dumb dubya in church or acting like such a upright moral Christian man. Ya, actions speak louder than words. Ya have to be a millionaire to even run for office, what do these people know about the struggles of the common man...nothing. And further more they don't care. The politicians and the media view the American people as simple minded idiots that will follow any carrot if its presented right, and sadly they are right about the majority. They will say anything to get in office then do as they please. The entire system needs to be reformed, no more corporations backing the boy and girls running for office.

Your grandfather was right, Taigagirl. I liked your post. I'm sorry Sun Queen, I feel bad about my mom too.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:53 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,468,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I like this one better, lol.

The New Serenity Prayer

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I cannot accept,
and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had
to kill today because they pissed me off.

And also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on
today as they be connected to the ass that I may have
to kiss tomorrow.

Help me to always give 100% at work...
12% on Monday.
23% on Tuesday.
40% on Wednesday.
20% on Thursday.
5% on Friday.

And help me to remember...
When I'm having a really bad day,
and it seems that people are trying to **** me off,
that it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4...
to extend my middle finger and tell them to bite me!

Amen.

younglisa7

AMEN

Last edited by mkfarnam; 10-07-2011 at 04:04 PM..

Old 10-07-2011, 10:40 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,003,009 times
Thanks for the Memories, Bush/Cheney.....For all the lies and the Iraq war. The many lives lost or ruined forever, the Halliburton overcharges, mismanagement and waste, the missing or unaccounted for equipment and money. It's been a real fun ride, and even though you are off living the good life, the nightmare ain't over yet. May your ship lose its course in the cold dark night. Amen.

*As a footnote, I am not an Obama supporter. I thought both of the choices in the last election were miserable. The usual group of Presidential hopefuls sort of reminds me of the out takes from the worst of American Idol.

Now back to our regular program of fun and frolic.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:36 AM

^^^^^

Yup...don't blame me. I didn't vote for either one of those fools Then again we need to do away with the two party system. Announcement...it isn't working

Old 10-08-2011, 09:44 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,211,977 times
Customer Service REPs.............................damn they are dumb.

I know it's a hard job working in a call center but g-zus-christ!!!!!!!!!!

The are not smart people at all.

UGH.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics