Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 07:28 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,665,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I’ve heard waiters in restaurants and cafes are paid $2 ~$2.50 per hour and they work for tips here in the states. I’m sure there are exceptions but that’s what I’ve heard.
I've been told the same. I've also been told some restaruants will deduct the bill amount from a waiter's check if a customer stiffs the establishment on the bill.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:33 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,515,277 times
Just been watching on the news our Prime Minister wants to double the budget for the
show put on before the olympics start next year. Here we are, up to our necks in debt,
borrowing countless billions to keep the country afloat, and this idiot wants to double the
budget!! It is costing millions just for security of the different sites. I don't give a toss for
the olympics, and I'm not alone here in England. They should be very low key, and low
budget in the present financial position. Instead this idiot in charge is more concerned with
prestige for England. The inmates have sure taken over the asylum.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:58 AM

23,544 posts, read 29,503,467 times
Countries are like people, what impositions they won't impose on others, just for the sake of appearances/ego's!

I hate to see what's going on in Britain, Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Italy, today, because our turn is on the horizon, sooner than we think! Our "sugar daddies" can't save us forever!

Tick-tick-tick goes the cuckoo clock!!!

Last edited by tijlover; 12-06-2011 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 12-06-2011, 06:25 AM

I read a small snippet of news. It said police all over Britain are being trained in riot control,
using rubber bullets etc. The authorities are getting prepared for further riots. I hope
they're wrong. People are just fed up, lack of work, mass immigration still going on. I read
last year 250,000 more people came to Britain than left. It is a devils brew, and no one in
power seem to care. Some countries in the EU are dishing out passports like confetti. Once
many of these people get passports they head for England. People still flooding this small
island, and no work for the ones already here. It is just crazy, I fear in years to come a civil
war here in England, hopefully after I'm dead and gone.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:50 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,293,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I read a small snippet of news. It said police all over Britain are being trained in riot control,
using rubber bullets
etc. The authorities are getting prepared for further riots. I hope
they're wrong. People are just fed up, lack of work, mass immigration still going on. I read
last year 250,000 more people came to Britain than left. It is a devils brew, and no one in
power seem to care. Some countries in the EU are dishing out passports like confetti. Once
many of these people get passports they head for England. People still flooding this small
island, and no work for the ones already here. It is just crazy, I fear in years to come a civil
Do your uniformed police still not carry guns on regular duty?

Old 12-06-2011, 07:24 AM

No, the police here in England don't carry guns. They have CS gas sprays, and truncheons.
There is'nt a large gun problem here. That's not to say no gun problem. The real problem
here is immigration. Countries like Portugal dish out passports to Africans from areas they
used to control many years ago. Many of these people head for here. The ports of France
like Calais have many people from places like Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan living there, and
waiting to hide in trucks heading for England. These people go all the way through europe
to get here. Large parts of England have been flooded with legal and illegal immigrants.
When Poland joined the EU over 1 million Poles came here to this small island. The problem
is there is'nt work for our young people, but still foreigners head for here. Many of these
people from past immigration waves still don't have anything to do with us and live parallel
lives in our towns. They build mosques, live, shop, pray and don't have any interest in us at
all. This is causing worry and fear for the future. If we speak out with our concerns the
powers that be have always got the magic 'racist' word to discourage us. I worry for the
future for our children and grandchildren.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:15 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,042,140 times
Quote:
using rubber bullets etc. The authorities are getting prepared for further riots. I hope
Really its the mass immigration that has made countries in the EU more crime ridden as well as straining the infrastructure. They are breaking the bank as the government gives out more. This isn't about race this is about just letting toooo many people come over. And illegal immigration, well they have no idea how many there really are, just like here. What could the government possibly expect? Why not just shoot their foot off or more appropriately the feet of all the average people that can't insulate themselves from the crime and higher costs. You don't have to be a brain to see the long term picture. How to undo it all now, I don't think there is a way. And politicians are the same there as here, rich twits that don't have the good of the people at heart, or seemingly even a grain of common sense. Maybe someday a civil war here too, a class war that is. Dave, remember that old show Yes, Minister, and later Yes, Prime Minister? Great take on how the system is.

Last edited by todd00; 12-06-2011 at 01:28 PM..

Old 12-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Yes Minister was Margaret Thatcher's favourite TV show! She saw the truth in it. There was
a Conservative politician called Enoch Powell who back in the late 60s warned of the problems of mass imigration. He was thrown out of the Conservative party for the views he
expressed. Much of what he predicted has come to pass, some not. I know America has its
own problems in this area, but at least you have a vast country to help to deal with it. I live
on this little island with people from all over the world heading for it. It is truly scary. We fear
being swamped by immigrants, many of who actually despise us, and just want to join people
already here.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:36 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,042,140 times
Quote:
Yes Minister was Margaret Thatcher's favourite TV show! She saw the truth in it. There was
a Conservative politician called Enoch Powell who back in the late 60s warned of the problems of mass imigration. He was thrown out of the Conservative party for the views he
expressed. Much of what he predicted has come to pass, some not. I know America has its
own problems in this area, but at least you have a vast country to help to deal with it. I live
on this little island with people from all over the world heading for it. It is truly scary. We fear
being swamped by immigrants, many of who actually despise us, and just want to join people
already here.
Stop the benefits and maybe they will stop coming. That's a primary motive isn't it? As they realize jobs are limited. It can take years to get a relative over here from another country, if you do it legally. I see nothing wrong with stopping all immigration for a time. I don't see how it's done Sweden, Denmark or other countries in the area any good. I read the gap between rich and poor in Norway is greater than it is here in the states. People that immigrate or do it illegally have an entitlement mentality on the whole which only adds to the problems. I've read about the immigration there and you have a reason for concern. Of course you, like us had to waste money and time on that stupid war when you could have been concentrating on your problems at home. The leaders have led us into the mouth of the wolf.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:47 PM

When you think you could pick up this island of Britain, drop it in Texas, then have a struggle
finding it, you can understand the size of the problem we are talking about here. Britain and
Northern Ireland have a population of approx 60 million!! This is growing rapidly with people
coming to live here. Many of these immigrants go on to have large families. I have no problem
with people who come here to work like the polish people. Same with people from India. They have a work ethic, and are good for the country. Others head for here because of the
benefit system. Also we have people coming here with diseases long gone here like TB. I
don't blame them at all for coming here, I would do the same in their position. But we, on
this little island can't save the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics