Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 11:36 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,056,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Better stay here with us. We are definitely NOT crazy.
Yes we are! Your nose is growing, Pinocchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I have too much leftover German chocolate cake... I can't have sweets in the house, it's just too much of a good thing. I may have to toss goodies out and that will hurt.
AND you ain't sharing with the Chatteress???

Old 12-26-2011, 12:00 PM

Although I'm feeling much better now that I'm home, I just wish that I can get together with certain family members without them nitpicking me to death about my appearance and other superficial crap! I know I am no beauty queen and fully aware of all my physical flaws so there is no need to point them out and trying to offer me "constructive" feedback about what I should do to "fix" those flaws. Gosh! I hate being a bug under the microscope. I'm already sensitive about certain things and wish that they would just learn when to shut up! Maybe next year, I'll just take a trip solo for Christmas versus dealing with these family members so I don't have to detox afterwards.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:36 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,260,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
Chatteress[/i];22272583]Although I'm feeling much better now that I'm home, I just wish that I can get together with certain family members without them nitpicking me to death about my appearance and other superficial crap! I know I am no beauty queen and fully aware of all my physical flaws so there is no need to point them out and trying to offer me "constructive" feedback about what I should do to "fix" those flaws. Gosh! I hate being a bug under the microscope. I'm already sensitive about certain things and wish that they would just learn when to shut up! Maybe next year, I'll just take a trip solo for Christmas versus dealing with these family members so I don't have to detox afterwards.
Sorry you went through all that. You can always take a solo trip. Or each of the times you would spend money on airfare etc to attend a gathering where you get nit picked, take that same amount of money and give to a favorite charity, like a local women's shelter -- or give yourself something you've been doing without because you save money for those trips. Pamper yourself on that holiday or whatever the occasion. You are definitely a Beauty Queen here on CD!

Old 12-26-2011, 12:46 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,292,616 times
Chatteress, I'm sorry, too. Believe me, I get it. When I moved here, I was really toned and in great shape. Too little exercise and too many dinners out and cocktail hours helped me gain a lot of weight. The codger 2 houses down said to me one day, "you know, when you first moved here, you were a neat, attractive, trim woman. Now look at you." I said to him, "You know, I'm STILL a neat, attractive woman. And you know what else? Tomorrow, I can go on a diet and get slim again. But you'll still be an a$$hole!" Well, I thought my friend who was with us was going to swallow his teeth! Till the day he died, I heard him chuckle and he'd say, "remember the day you told Cal he was an a$$hole?"

I wish Cal were still around....I'm losing that weight now.

I don't think people realize how much they hurt others when they offer such opinions.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:53 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,260,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Chatteress, I'm sorry, too. Believe me, I get it. When I moved here, I was really toned and in great shape. Too little exercise and too many dinners out and cocktail hours helped me gain a lot of weight. The codger 2 houses down said to me one day, "you know, when you first moved here, you were a neat, attractive, trim woman. Now look at you." I said to him, "You know, I'm STILL a neat, attractive woman. And you know what else? Tomorrow, I can go on a diet and get slim again. But you'll still be an a$$hole!" Well, I thought my friend who was with us was going to swallow his teeth! Till the day he died, I heard him chuckle and he'd say, "remember the day you told Cal he was an a$$hole?"

I wish Cal were still around....I'm losing that weight now.

I don't think people realize how much they hurt others when they offer such opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Although I'm feeling much better now that I'm home, I just wish that I can get together with certain family members without them nitpicking me to death about my appearance and other superficial crap! I know I am no beauty queen and fully aware of all my physical flaws so there is no need to point them out and trying to offer me "constructive" feedback about what I should do to "fix" those flaws. Gosh! I hate being a bug under the microscope. I'm already sensitive about certain things and wish that they would just learn when to shut up! Maybe next year, I'll just take a trip solo for Christmas versus dealing with these family members so I don't have to detox afterwards.
I'd like to take this opportunity to add just the right response for nit pickers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/reddkitten/Misc/raspberrysmiley.gif (broken link)

Old 12-26-2011, 12:58 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,447,321 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you had to go through that. Some people have no sense. Take a lesson from nms and her comeback

Old 12-26-2011, 01:38 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,408,440 times
Dear SIL,

If we are selfish, useless and greedy people, then don't ever bother to ask us to buy stuff anymore. You have money, so why don't YOU buy the stuff they need. Quit lying to us that you don't have money when you DO. Who's the "selfish, useless and greedy" person now. I love them and am willing to watch over them when you discipline them, but I just hate how you DO NOT EVER discipline them. Not only that, STOP HAVING KIDS.

The end.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:23 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,292,616 times
The Nutso Neighbors who caused so much drama in our cul-de-sac 2 years ago are back.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:43 PM

Thanks guys for the support! LOL! I wish that I was as feisty as NMS! There were so many things that I could have said to that particular family member as she really does not have it all together like she acts but I held my tongue as I really did not wish to inflict hurt even though I was hurting inside. Hopefully, as time goes on, I can put aside those hurtful, insensitive comments and move on as life is too short.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:54 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,576,013 times
Quote:
That happened to me too, Chatteress. Except we were out of state at someone's house~so no escape for three days!! Later I learned her own children avoid her like the plague and she had a long history of being very critical and ultra-negative.
I just used really passive-responses. And I stayed away from her as much as possible. That really got to her. The silent NDN treatment!

BTW, she was a neat freak beyond comprehension. I was secretly very happy when our oldest dog pee'd on her white carpet!!! And our oldest dog was beyond house trained. Never pee'd inside in 10 years!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics