Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 06:19 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,016,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
That's awful ... I have never ventured into the mental health ones and I guess it is a good thing if there are jerks trying to make those who are seeking help feel worse.
Yeah it is. By enlarge people there are kind and supportive. I just don't see that any name calling should be allowed at all. Whether its directed at one person or all in that thread with a particular mindset, I view it in the same way. I find it offensive and frankly it makes me want to break something. So If you can't play nice take your ball to another field.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:21 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,467,219 times
I wish the world would explode and all the losers I hate would sizzle and fry in sheer pain and terror while flung space-bound where they'll explode like flaming blimps and then go to hell for ever.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:41 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,985,286 times
Helping a close friend with their car repair problems this past week is getting too me. Can't things be simple and easy anymore?

Old 12-30-2011, 12:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,081,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Helping a close friend with their car repair problems this past week is getting too me. Can't things be simple and easy anymore?
I can feel your pain... As a college counselor, I'd get friends and family members wanting advice relating to school and they often are more complicated than the students I serve ... I hate making house calls

Old 12-30-2011, 12:28 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,081,095 times
I posted a comment on a friend's Face Book page telling her that we should get together some time as we haven't seen each other in years. She posted that she's available Friday (today). I said, "cool! what about 11am? or what time works best for you?" No response. I called her phone last night and left her a message to confirm as well as a message on Facebook. I received NO response from her and noticed that she deleted our initial discussion of getting together so my assumptions is that she isn't available so I proceed with my own plans, which involves sleeping in til I want to get up. Turns out she finally Facebook me a message 5 hours ago that she's available between 11-12 and left me a voicemail at 10:13am (one hour ago) saying that she's leaving work right now and can meet me somewhere ...

Give me a break! If you don't bother returning my calls or messages, then call me at the last minute and expect me to be up and ready! I'm not a morning person and my friends knows this! When I'm off, I sleep in unless I have pre-arranged plans to do something!

Old 12-30-2011, 12:54 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,016,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I posted a comment on a friend's Face Book page telling her that we should get together some time as we haven't seen each other in years. She posted that she's available Friday (today). I said, "cool! what about 11am? or what time works best for you?" No response. I called her phone last night and left her a message to confirm as well as a message on Facebook. I received NO response from her and noticed that she deleted our initial discussion of getting together so my assumptions is that she isn't available so I proceed with my own plans, which involves sleeping in til I want to get up. Turns out she finally Facebook me a message 5 hours ago that she's available between 11-12 and left me a voicemail at 10:13am (one hour ago) saying that she's leaving work right now and can meet me somewhere ...

Give me a break! If you don't bother returning my calls or messages, then call me at the last minute and expect me to be up and ready! I'm not a morning person and my friends knows this! When I'm off, I sleep in unless I have pre-arranged plans to do something!
People are weird, I think they get stranger the more they use FB and like sites. Ask her to look up courtesy and consideration in the dictionary and when she fully comprehends it, then get back to ya. I certainly wouldn't change plans of sleeping in to rush to meet someone that can't get back to ya ahead of time.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:05 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,336,654 times
My brother, mom, and dad have a very dysfunctional relationship. My brother hates my dad and can't stand to be around him. My mom is caught in the middle. I think she'd be willing (maybe) to just stay away from my brother, but that would mean also staying away from her grandbaby, which she just can't do. So she tries to be super-accommodating and agreeable where my brother is concerned, but he's one of those impossible-to-please people who will always find fault with you somehow, no matter what you do. If it's not one thing, it will be something else. Everyone walks on eggshells around him because he's so unpredictable and ANYTHING can tick him off, and when he gets mad at you, he makes everyone miserable. And he can hold a grudge like no one else!

(I cope with all this dysfunction by steering clear and spend as little time around my brother as possible. Works for me.)

So...my parents are in town for the holidays and they're helping my brother out by babysitting for my nephew this week, and of course my brother is being the jerk that he is. My dad is completely sressed out, and Mom is too. I've told my parents repeatedly that both of them or my dad alone is welcome to come back to my house to spend the rest of their visit with me. (I live about 25 miles from my brother.) I was talking to my mom today about it on the phone, trying to assure her that my dad is welcome, that he can come today while I'm at work and let himself in. No problem.

So here's my vent: My mother turns to my dad in the room and says in this coddling, soothing voice, "Nifty's going to be all alone for New Year's Eve and would really like for you to go back to her house so that she can spend it with you."

Ugh!

I snapped at her. "Why do you have to LIE? You don't have to lie. Just tell him he's welcome to come. Period. That's all you have to say. There's no reason to lie."

Lying is how my mother copes with my brother: she refuses to be honest with him, because she's convinced that somehow the lie will protect her from his anger. But I don't want her to lie to my dad about something like that because I don't want her to create the expectation in him that he's doing me a favor or the obligation in me that I can't do what I want for New Year's and instead have to be at home to spend it with him.

I hate the drama. Seriously. Just draw your boundaries, learn to say no when it's necessary, refuse to take on the blame and guilt where it's not earned, and be honest. Why is that so difficult?

Old 12-30-2011, 02:21 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,369,252 times
Cell phones- it is such a hassle to get a new one... more money, trouble of getting music and files transferred over... And then there's operating it... The kid got a new phone... Now I have to take him to take it back and complain cause it's not doing all the things it should be doing. Is there any rest for the weary. How much does it take to make my part of the world go smoothly???? Well I am sure it will be okay. I am just feeling sorry for myself because it's the end of the year, changes and transitions are a must. There will be another birthday... (I hope lol)

Old 12-30-2011, 04:17 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,985,286 times
I want to find the guy who said "don't worry, be happy!"

Spoiler
I find it difficult today to be happy

Old 12-30-2011, 04:43 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,014,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I want to find the guy who said "don't worry, be happy!"

Spoiler
I find it difficult today to be happy
I want to find him, too. I HATE that song (and the video, and his bare feet )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics