Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 04:18 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,301,667 times

Advertisements

I'm with you, Kitty. We're under a freeze warning for tomorrow night. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 55 with a low of 31. I hope we don't lose any plants.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:01 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,960,062 times
Last night I recorded a televised game on the DVD player. The playback works well and I can view the game again on the DVD unit, however I can’t view the disc on other equipment until I use the “finalize” feature and will allow the disc to be used elsewhere. I’ve gone through the manual on how to do this and it simply won’t go to the “finalize” option screen.

I’m following the instructions to the letter and it just doesn’t work. Who makes these units and why can’t they provide accurate instructions? Now I will need to call the service help desk.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:07 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,411,973 times
Seriously. How old are you again? o_O

Last edited by ho hey!; 01-03-2012 at 09:25 AM..

Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,844,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I am staying at a campground. It is expected that people pick up after their pets. As I was walking my dog...with my baggies....I saw 2 different spots of other people's pet poop. This is just something that really irks me. People who think they are special and the rules don't apply to them If you have a pet then be a responsible pet owner. Some day...dogs won't be allowed in campgrounds because people are too lazy or too special

There...a small peeve off my chest. Thanks guys and gals
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ I agree with you 100%,,,,, your pet - your poop - you pick it up!

I've seen people in our area leave it as well, and some have said that "I'll pick it up on the way back". I've never seen anyone on the way back picking up anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Speaking of doggie poop! I live in a close-knit community where most neighbors know each other. Yesterday, I noticed an almost dried up pile outside my perimeter fence we painstakingly landscaped to look beautiful. I have a dog myself and like you we make sure he doesn't defile our yard, let alone anybody's yard or street out of sanitary and courtesy reasons, we trained our dogs to never do that. Whew!!! I finally vented and it feels good.
It goes without saying that people should clean up after their pets. Some people just are not considerate enough to figure it out.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:19 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,411,973 times
I'm not surprised that some people can't learn to READ CAREFULLY.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:29 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,844,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
Venting! Forecast for tonight is 32F here in Tampa area. I don't like cold weather! I was out earlier today in the very warm sun. At the moment, the thermo shows it's still 73F inside and cable shows us at 56F. I just walked out on the patio to check and it's coming for sure. So for the first time I turned A/C switch off so it will have it's rest just in case it gets cold enough inside for a chill where I need more than long pants, long sleeves and socks. Fiddle sticks!
I can't believe the cold weather you are getting, kitty. We should be at -15F or lower instead of 15F or much higher. No snow, no ice, nada. Nobody here remembers such a long stretch of warm weather. It's unreal....

Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,068,722 times
Gosh! I can't stand spiders ... I try not to be arachnophobic and remind myself that I'm a giant compared to him but it is always a battle working up the nerve to just kill them. Fortunately, my next door neighbor willingly came over to kill it. I'm still shaken.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:24 AM

23,337 posts, read 29,212,218 times
I just bought a digital camera to replace the one I destroyed (keys in the pocket brushing up against the screen).

I'm a very low techie, so I instructed the WalMart employee to pick a more durable one for me that a child could figure out, very-very user-friendly!

Well, well! My last camera has a written manual with it, this one has a CD, no written manual, and I first need to buy the batteries.

There's where I went wrong, not knowing how technologically advanced children are today with high-tech gadgets!

So! Back to the store to exchange it for a camera with instructions someone 80 years old with dimentia will comprehend?

Old 01-04-2012, 12:32 AM

5,234 posts, read 8,009,521 times
Last night one of my dogs had a small stroke. They treat that with Prednisone, I had some and gave it to her. She is some better today but still not walking well. At least the rapid eye movement is gone and she did eat today. I've been through this before but still scares the H out of me. After that last night I got an anxiety attack then a bad headache, took all the meds I could find for it, finally its better but not gone. So I'm behind on everything and the meds, sinus and the motrin make me tired and mess with my mood too.

Tijlover, it might help if you read some reviews on the cameras before you decide on another model. You can read reviews on newegg. http://www.newegg.com/

Old 01-04-2012, 07:22 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,960,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Last night one of my dogs had a small stroke. They treat that with Prednisone, I had some and gave it to her. She is some better today but still not walking well. At least the rapid eye movement is gone and she did eat today. I've been through this before but still scares the H out of me. After that last night I got an anxiety attack then a bad headache, took all the meds I could find for it, finally its better but not gone. So I'm behind on everything and the meds, sinus and the motrin make me tired and mess with my mood too.

Tijlover, it might help if you read some reviews on the cameras before you decide on another model. You can read reviews on newegg. Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. That's an issue that is difficult to deal with. I miss my dogs that I've had to put down years ago. It was for the best however it's never easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics