Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2011, 09:12 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,006,761 times

Advertisements

The workers for the removing and putting on the new roof are finished and did a good job after four days of hammering for 10~12 hours a day. The bad part was the office gal forgot to call the container company to remove the very large trash container from the driveway that was used for all the old removed shingles from the roof. Now it has to sit until Wednesday before they can come out with the truck to remove it due to the holiday weekend and being booked up for Tuesday.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:06 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,322,543 times
I'll tell ya...I just can't get out of my own way lately. Yesterday, after I washed the floors, I dumped something on them not once, but 3 separate times. This morning, I was doing laundry. I have the detergent and stuff up in a cupboard over the wash machine. I filled the little cup about 1/4 of the way up, was bringing it towards the front of the washer to put it in the drawer where it goes and I swear the stupid thing tried to commit suicide. It jumped out of my hand and over the edge of the washer down to the floor. Of course, it didn't hit in front of the washer where it'd be easy to clean up. Nooooo...down the side, between the washer and the wall. All over the step ladder, fire extinguisher, plunger, down the sides of the wall and the washer and a nice glop landed right next to my left eye. The good news is I didn't get any in my eye and it didn't go behind the washer, which would have been even more fun. I think I need to climb into one of those bubbles and just stay there.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:48 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,378,750 times
My knees hurt, I was dancing and doing the funky monkey to grooving music yesterday and today my knees said u aint as young as u once were... but I still got it! LOL

Old 05-29-2011, 02:12 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,091,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
My knees hurt, I was dancing and doing the funky monkey to grooving music yesterday and today my knees said u aint as young as u once were... but I still got it! LOL
The "Funky Monkey" Sun Queen???? LOL!

Old 05-29-2011, 04:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,006,761 times
Unhappy BAD clerk at the store. However she was friendly?

Yesterday we were at the grocery store and purchased most everything we needed for the weekend meals and we returned home to get things put away and enjoy the rest of the day. However today I started to prepare the chicken for bbq’N and found that it was soiled and smelled very bad. I took the packages of chicken back to the store and got a refund. However the clerk seemed very unconcerned about the meat being bad. I told her we bought it yesterday late in the afternoon and went directly home placing it in the refrigerator for today. It didn’t sit out in the warm car or at home on the counter before we got ready to use it. I told the clerk that maybe the butcher should know about the packages and remove them from the shelf so others don’t buy them. She said it wasn’t important - that this was most likely the only ones that were bad. So other customers can now expect to buy the same bad chicken that I got. I didn’t make much sense to me that “why wouldn’t the other packed chicken also be spoiled?”

I left the store and went to the other grocery store in the area to buy my needed chicken for the bbq today. The grill is getting warmed up as I type this, and I’m going start making smoke in the neighborhood soon.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,091,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Yesterday we were at the grocery store and purchased most everything we needed for the weekend meals and we returned home to get things put away and enjoy the rest of the day. However today I started to prepare the chicken for bbq’N and found that it was soiled and smelled very bad. I took the packages of chicken back to the store and got a refund. However the clerk seemed very unconcerned about the meat being bad. I told her we bought it yesterday late in the afternoon and went directly home placing it in the refrigerator for today. It didn’t sit out in the warm car or at home on the counter before we got ready to use it. I told the clerk that maybe the butcher should know about the packages and remove them from the shelf so others don’t buy them. She said it wasn’t important - that this was most likely the only ones that were bad. So other customers can now expect to buy the same bad chicken that I got. I didn’t make much sense to me that “why wouldn’t the other packed chicken also be spoiled?”

I left the store and went to the other grocery store in the area to buy my needed chicken for the bbq today. The grill is getting warmed up as I type this, and I’m going start making smoke in the neighborhood soon.
That's horrible! I always get nervous when I spot perishable foods left at the counters or on the shelves. Why? Because some clerk might just place them back into the freezer and unsuspecting customers would never know that the item was sitting out for goodness how long! I once saw a package of meat that a customer left on top of the celery ... Hello! Contamination anyone? I would hope the store would do the right thing and get rid of all the celery that was contaminated but you never know with stores these days and the dingbats they hire!

Old 05-30-2011, 09:32 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,474,982 times
The dumb cucumber lover who rated my blog 2/5 can rot forever.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:42 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,573,172 times
when I start a new thread durring time of stress and after I post it it sounds so foolish and I cannot delete it

Old 05-30-2011, 05:34 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,322,543 times
Stupid comcast keeps going out and I lost my post.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:50 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,378,750 times
Cooking with red and black pepper and now have the sneezes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics