Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 09:36 AM

5,296 posts, read 7,244,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The contractor was suppose to come back over this morning and paint several vents on the roof. He showed up and took a look, then said he had to get six cans of spray paint at his supply store and would return next week. whaateverrrrrrr works. Just do it
Sounds sooo familiar.....
Why can't stuff ever just get DONE.?

Old 06-03-2011, 06:21 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,433,909 times
People who spend hours in the bathroom late into the night should die.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:43 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,279,216 times
I'm so peeved at Comcast right now. We use them for cable and there are issues with one tv, even tho we have 3. The one only receives certain stations and they are on different channels than the other 2. For example, TV's 1 & 2 have Food Network on CHannel 76, TV 3 has it on channel 25. This has been going on for over a week now.

We also use them for internet. Their stupid server keeps dropping us. This has been going on for about 3 days now.

They frustrate me so when I call them that I don't want to do it, but I have to now. We pay way too much to these people and they're nowhere near as good as they should be. By. Gotta go get frustrated.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:23 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,911,888 times
^^ Contacting the state corporations commission about the complaint of poor service always helps to get their attention. Teleco’s don’t like to get letters at their corporate offices relating to customer with problems. I’d suggest a simple well worded letter to the director of customer relations at the corporate office address. Might take at little effort to get the information about who “he/she” is and the address location but it’s worth the trouble. Send it to “them” directly for the attention that is needed.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:02 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,040,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ Contacting the state corporations commission about the complaint of poor service always helps to get their attention. Teleco’s don’t like to get letters at their corporate offices relating to customer with problems. I’d suggest a simple well worded letter to the director of customer relations at the corporate office address. Might take at little effort to get the information about who “he/she” is and the address location but it’s worth the trouble. Send it to “them” directly for the attention that is needed.
Yeah ... I had issues with Time Warner's poor customer service in terms of local phone service installation (was stood up TWICE/five hour window each time ) and when I filed a complaint with the Public Utilities Commission, one of their higher ups contacted me personally and tried to make me happy. I took the credit he offered me (as I am an internet subscriber) but said "no thanks" for phone service.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:29 PM

OK, tried calling them. Was on hold for 10 minutes. The recording kept telling me I could arrange for a call back appt. so I wouldn't have to hold any more. So I finally decided to do that at 10:55 a.m. The recording asked me what time I would like the call back. I typed in 11:00 a.m. but was told the next available call back appt. was for 11:30. That wouldn't work because we had to bring the neighbor to the airport at 11:30.

So I got online and did the online customer service thing. Got someone right away. That was good. He said that I'm a valuable, loyal customer and he would do whatever he could to make me happy. That was good. So we started with the internet issue. He said he had to run some diagnostics which would take 2-5 minutes and we would not be able to communicate during that time, but I was to stay online so he could solve my issues. That was good. Except that I waited online for 20 minutes, he never came back on and I had to leave. That was not good.

I still hate Comcast.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:14 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,617,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I'm so peeved at Comcast right now. We use them for cable and there are issues with one tv, even tho we have 3. The one only receives certain stations and they are on different channels than the other 2. For example, TV's 1 & 2 have Food Network on CHannel 76, TV 3 has it on channel 25. This has been going on for over a week now.

We also use them for internet. Their stupid server keeps dropping us. This has been going on for about 3 days now.

They frustrate me so when I call them that I don't want to do it, but I have to now. We pay way too much to these people and they're nowhere near as good as they should be. By. Gotta go get frustrated.
When we first moved to Tenn, we had Concast...they are horrible. The mid range cable was 100.00 more than what I pay directtv NOW, 6 years later-the 1800 # are low pay workers who could care less, so its pointless to even call.

When I went to return the box the illiterate girl behind the counter said it would cost 80.00. Lol....I said- like hell it will....

People have to be pro-active w. these conglomerates- I went thru the same b.s. with Embarq/now "centuryLlink". Only 2 people in my house who maybe used the landline 5x per month and UNIVERSAL sales tax and 7 pages of surcharges ....

Now I have a pay as go cell and blackberry-goodby landlines.....FOREVER. The FCC does nothing to protect the consumer.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:42 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,567,093 times
Wehave Brighthouse cable here in the Tampa bay area. It is so expensive and also there has been many times that there is just nothing to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2011, 02:01 PM

I'd go DirectTV in a heartbeat, but finding an internet server when you don't have a landline is impossible down here. Believe me, it'd do my heart good to walk into Comcast's office, hand them their boxes and say "See ya!"

Old 06-05-2011, 07:46 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,617,578 times
You can try Hughes net, satellite has net services now- and also- for real I'd pay an extra 500- and just get a portable laptop/netbook---these co's have run rampant screwing w. the consumer.....I will NEVER have a bundled landline again. Oh, and this is classic. CONCAST sent a kid to the house once as the bill was 20 days late, then tacked a 160.00 "door-to-door collection fee "on the bill. I called the Attorney General and got that fixed REAL quick. I have a legal background.

In the U.S. it is illegal for them to send a person onto your private property, except for sales from a charity, or if its your mortgage co. Im sad that it comes to this, corporate fascism which none of us are protected from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics