Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 01:37 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,282,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
U know I am beginning to wonder about the place I live. I know bad things happen everywhere, but it seems there are allot of strange and violent happenings in the surrounding area. I suppose that is to be expected with the population boom. I watched the news and it was all bad 70 year old woman targeted and raped by 2 young men; another child only 6 years old beat to death by parents and more senseless child drownings cause the kids were not being supervised. Senior Citizen beat to death in a case of road rage. I have received yet another sex offender notification. It is the times we living in or is it where I live? It is just sad

These things are making their way into the rural areas also Sun Queen. Watching our nightly news can be downright depressing. I feel that it has a lot to do with drugs and an overall decline in our values system. It is sad......really sad.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:46 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,449,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
These things are making their way into the rural areas also Sun Queen. Watching our nightly news can be downright depressing. I feel that it has a lot to do with drugs and an overall decline in our values system. It is sad......really sad.
You should know that all News Stations" have the tendency to exaggerate.
I go by what I see. and I don't see Rural area becoming drug and crime infested like the big cities. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Rural areas are drug and crime free, not by a long shot. They're just no where near like or even resemble the concrete jungles.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:28 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,794,567 times
Not stressed but definitely venting. Have had a rough but enlightening 2011. Finally off temporary assistance. Working more than full time driving a taxi 5 days a week, 12 hours a day. Something I have 3 years of experience with from Florida. Only now, driving from 4am to 4pm, I don't have to deal with the drunks and druggies. Found a nice place for myself in a quiet part of Plattsburgh NY. At only $450 a month, everything included, it makes it even nicer. I also have a new 'lady-friend" who also enjoys a drama free lifestyle. My former mates' daughter that caused us so much trouble is facing Karma's wrath. Not just for what she caused us. But every bridge she burned. Every person she did wrong. She's finding out that there are consequences to wrongs we do in this life. Her "pretty little existence" isn't so "pretty" after all. With 1 - 3 in a women's prison and/or shock camp and including 3 years of parole perhaps she may get a clue. But I wasn't about to spend the money I made bell-ringing for Salvation Army, to get my license back, to bail her out.
Anyway... life is much better. At least as good as it can be with the mess our Country is in. I'm smiling at this moment though.
I've certainly missed being a part of the City-Data 'community' for the past few months. Will be here a little more often now. And more still when I get my own computer. Which isn't too far around the bend.
Feels good to vent. Even if I can't see who's reading it.

Have a good one everybody. Dinner's ready.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:50 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,279,216 times
Welcome back, shroombeanie.

Small world...I used to live in Plattsburgh and moved to Florida 4 years ago! Best of luck there. It's not a bad place to live. I just couldn't deal with winter any more.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:57 AM

Ggggrrrrrr....

Forced my sorry butt out of bed this morning after not having near enough sleep, got dressed for my walk, only to be greeted by a big ol' storm cloud throwing all sorts of lightning at me. Turned around and came back in, only to have hubby harrass me for being a wuss because the lightning is a ways away. I'm sorry, but if I can see it, it can hit me.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:26 AM

148 posts, read 323,833 times
My mum is going into hospital tomorrow for some emergency surgery.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 AM

Ooo...good thoughts coming your way for you and your mom.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:41 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,339,028 times
I am totally peeved. I wrote an article. I spent allot of time on it. Working on it word by word... I was very disappointed to find the editing took out all the good stuff and left a collection of words that don't say very much. They butchered my article and put my name on it. So, now if anyone reads that article they can't help, but think something is missing. Something like talent. I am so disappointed.... But the powers that be do what the powers want to. I can roll with or not continue.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:47 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,339,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
Oh no not the rural areas too. I suppose we have to take the good with the bad. And NOT watch the news

Old 08-17-2011, 07:38 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,040,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Ggggrrrrrr....

Forced my sorry butt out of bed this morning after not having near enough sleep, got dressed for my walk, only to be greeted by a big ol' storm cloud throwing all sorts of lightning at me. Turned around and came back in, only to have hubby harrass me for being a wuss because the lightning is a ways away. I'm sorry, but if I can see it, it can hit me.
Maybe you should tell him the reason why women are the ones that give birth ... Because men are wusses who could never handle the pain of labor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics