Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 03:19 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,076,705 times

Advertisements

Spending time talking on the phone with HP tech support department about their printer issue and why it isn't working on the new windows 7 OS. The HP engineer is correct "they don't have a driver for it" but don't tell me that it's Microsoft's problem because it's windows 7.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:25 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,126,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Spending time talking on the phone with HP tech support department about their printer issue and why it isn't working on the new windows 7 OS. The HP engineer is correct "they don't have a driver for it" but don't tell me that it's Microsoft's problem because it's windows 7.
My HP scanner's quality isn't the same as it was when I was using XP ...

Old 08-29-2011, 10:32 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,554,672 times
Quote:
Spending time talking on the phone with HP tech support department about their printer issue and why it isn't working on the new windows 7 OS. The HP engineer is correct "they don't have a driver for it" but don't tell me that it's
Quote:
Microsoft's problem because it's windows 7
Microsoft owns Windows.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Microsoft owns Windows.
Yeh I know that. What I'm saying is HP engineer/tech support for "their" HP Laserjet Printer doesn't have "drivers" for "their" printer that will operate on the new windows 7 OS. Microsoft doesn't have any responsibilities making drivers for all the printer manufactures - you sell the hardware printer you provide the drivers to operate on the OS software. Again,,, it's the finger pointing that HP does "not our problem". It's not a windows problem its a HP printer driver issue. Microsoft isn't at fault, although I have other issues with them.

End result,,,,, I'm not buying another HP laserjet, I'm getting another manufacture's laserjet and avoiding HP.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Yeh I know that. What I'm saying is HP engineer/tech support for "their" HP Laserjet Printer doesn't have "drivers" for "their" printer that will operate on the new windows 7 OS. Microsoft doesn't have any responsibilities making drivers for all the printer manufactures - you sell the hardware printer you provide the drivers to operate on the OS software. Again,,, it's the finger pointing that HP does "not our problem". It's not a windows problem its a HP printer driver issue. Microsoft isn't at fault, although I have other issues with them.

End result,,,,, I'm not buying another HP laserjet, I'm getting another manufacture's laserjet and avoiding HP.
HP is slowly fading from the electronics field.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,406,270 times
"take this country and chuck it" that's what i think is going on and I want it stopped right now!

Old 08-31-2011, 10:01 AM

Recovering from pc crashes and collecting all the data is a long tiresome problem. Also finding the cd for all the programs that need to be reinstalled again. what a mess to recover!

Old 08-31-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Recovering from pc crashes and collecting all the data is a long tiresome problem. Also finding the cd for all the programs that need to be reinstalled again. what a mess to recover!
My first computer was a Gateway Astro. One of those where the monitor and computer is all one unit.
Anyway, a "restore disk came with it and if something happened I could save what ever possible,
run the disk and put it back to factory specs.

These days that would be too simple.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:34 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,126,301 times
Quote:
My first computer was a Gateway Astro. One of those where the monitor and computer is all one unit.
Anyway, a "restore disk came with it and if something happened I could save what ever possible,
run the disk and put it back to factory specs.

These days that would be too simple.
My first computer was a Gateway (not sure of the model) and that power supply died TWICE in three years ... I had less issues with the next two computers (E-Machines) ... Now I'm on my 4th computer Dell so I'm hoping that this thing will see me several more years. (fingers crossed)

Old 08-31-2011, 08:40 PM

23,506 posts, read 29,453,869 times
Quote:
Today's the 84th day it's been in the triple digits down here.
What deters me from relocating to that part of the world is the lack of escapes to higher altitude. The Ozarks are little relief, mountains not high enough.

Here, in Las Vegas, 35 miles north, I'm standing outside the Mt. Charleston Lodge at 7700 feet. And for cooler, start climbing any of the 20 trails out there to 9-10-11,000 feet.

Florida? Oh Lord! How far you'd have to drive to cool off at a higher altitude!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics