Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 12:58 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,075,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I'm tired of the heat already,,,, when is the fall coming with cooler days?
I'm with you - fall days would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Went to DMV for the 2nd time this month alittle earlier this morning to try and get my license renewed and got to the hallway door and was told the computers were down againstatewide and they had no idea when they would be up. Since I and many others waited an hour and a half or more I asked the gal if if we could have a ticket so when we come back AGAIN we wouldn't have to wait in line for hours but she said "No, they weren't doing that." Grrr........ When I got home I called the DMV's main line and told the woman what should be done for the people who have had problems more then once trying to get their business taken care of but she could care less.
OMG, this sounds like what happens in Virginia! Frequently. Right down to the attitude (hers, not yours).

Old 08-12-2011, 04:28 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Stopped at Publix and came out into a down pour. DH waited outside in the car. He pulled up to the sidewalk when he saw me coming out, but even with only about 3 feet from the sidewalk to the car, I looked like I'd fallen into the pool. I was drenched! And with the a/c on in the car, I was also very cold.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:30 PM

452 posts, read 310,630 times
I hate people that make you wait on them. And liars.
I hate liars that make you wait on them.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:34 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
*sigh* Something is wrong with my settings for the Snapfish website where I cannot even view my freakin' pics. My friend is dying to see her wedding photos and here I am trying unsuccessfully to view the pics so I can edit them. At least it is working in IE (hate that application) but not in Mozilla .... It all started with the new photo organizer where they would have this annoying pop up asking me if I wanna take the tour. Finally, I clicked do not show again and voila! My photos are unable to be viewed now! How in the heck can I undo this! AAARRRRGGGHHHH!

So here I am trying to upload them in IE and it is agonizing slllloooooowwwww .... If I was using Mozilla, I'd have at least 20 photos uploaded by now but IE's only at 10!

Old 08-14-2011, 05:03 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
*sigh* Something is wrong with my settings for the Snapfish website where I cannot even view my freakin' pics. My friend is dying to see her wedding photos and here I am trying unsuccessfully to view the pics so I can edit them. At least it is working in IE (hate that application) but not in Mozilla .... It all started with the new photo organizer where they would have this annoying pop up asking me if I wanna take the tour. Finally, I clicked do not show again and voila! My photos are unable to be viewed now! How in the heck can I undo this! AAARRRRGGGHHHH!

So here I am trying to upload them in IE and it is agonizing slllloooooowwwww .... If I was using Mozilla, I'd have at least 20 photos uploaded by now but IE's only at 10!
I don't use Snapfish very often but I was in yesterday and also had a little trouble. I use Mozilla and prefer it to IE. Kept IE for certain sites job searching but ended up dumping it because of all the crap that came with an update.

Photobucket is a pic freebie that functions nicely with Firefox. Vistaprint is a good place to order just about anything with your pics on it at low cost.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:10 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
"Special People" again.

Yesterday hubby and I were walking down town. We crossed the street in front of a line of cars. Their light was still red and just turned green as we crossed. I looked back and the front car wasn't moving on the green light. She sat there waiting for another person to get into the passenger seat. The cars behind her started honking. She made all of them miss the green light She must be special

Old 08-14-2011, 09:33 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I don't use Snapfish very often but I was in yesterday and also had a little trouble. I use Mozilla and prefer it to IE. Kept IE for certain sites job searching but ended up dumping it because of all the crap that came with an update.

Photobucket is a pic freebie that functions nicely with Firefox. Vistaprint is a good place to order just about anything with your pics on it at low cost.
Finally, after 2 hours (actually 2.5 hours because I accidentally uploaded a huge video), my pics uploaded. It actually began to upload faster once I stepped away from the computer and did something else. At least I can view them in IE. Thanks for the info regarding the other sites but my friend has an account with Snapfish and it will be she that orders the wedding album so I had to use this site for this particular job. Since I'm a photo buff, I use Snapfish for my prints because they are so cheap (.09 cents per pic) and often have specials. I just ordered nearly 300 pics for only 15.99 and no S/H so I need to keep Snapfish. Plus I have 3 years worth of pics uploaded and lots of time invested creating the family group room so I can't switch to another site just yet. I just wish it would work with Mozilla again

Old 08-15-2011, 08:18 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Sat in the lab office for 2 hours this morning. The poor folks were down a worker, so it was slow going. I thought about leaving, but decided I wanted to get it over and done with. Oh, well...could be worse. At least they were considerate about it and apologized, altho I didn't think it was really necessary.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:54 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
U know I am beginning to wonder about the place I live. I know bad things happen everywhere, but it seems there are allot of strange and violent happenings in the surrounding area. I suppose that is to be expected with the population boom. I watched the news and it was all bad 70 year old woman targeted and raped by 2 young men; another child only 6 years old beat to death by parents and more senseless child drownings cause the kids were not being supervised. Senior Citizen beat to death in a case of road rage. I have received yet another sex offender notification. It is the times we living in or is it where I live? It is just sad

Old 08-16-2011, 11:18 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
U know I am beginning to wonder about the place I live. I know bad things happen everywhere, but it seems there are allot of strange and violent happenings in the surrounding area. I suppose that is to be expected with the population boom. I watched the news and it was all bad 70 year old woman targeted and raped by 2 young men; another child only 6 years old beat to death by parents and more senseless child drownings cause the kids were not being supervised. Senior Citizen beat to death in a case of road rage. I have received yet another sex offender notification. It is the times we living in or is it where I live? It is just sad
It's both, the time and the place. Leaving So Cal changed all or most of
that for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics