Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 08:05 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,356,554 times

Advertisements

Thanks. I've never heard of Hughes net...I'll see if they're in the area.

DH "took the day off", so he's off to the library. I cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed with that stupid (&%)&^#@%$'in canister vac. I swear that thing puts me in a lousy mood whenever I use it. DH told me when we bought it (at his insistence) that if I tried it and didn't like it he'd do ALL the vac'ing. Uh huh. Anyway...did all that and we don't even have company coming!

Man, I don't know what I did to my right wrist, but it sure hurts when I turn it a certain way. Guess I shouldn't turn it, huh???

That's it for my venting this morning.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:51 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,104,037 times
While out of town visiting Sedona area and attending a wedding there we managed to meet up with another couple several nights later and have a nice dinner out with them. Things went well and we enjoyed our meal and a couple of glasses of wine. It couldn't have been better. Then after leaving and driving back to the hotel the red and blue lights started flashing in the mirror. The local police seemed to be awake that evening and monitoring traffic as it drove though town. I was worried that I might have drove too fast through the new traffic circle (15mph) there or that I would be tested for drinking. I only had two glasses of wine, and we did eat a meal plus two cups of coffee afterwards but ya never know................ Well the officer noticed that one of the headlight was out, and gave me a warning notice to get it fixed. Like yeah,,, I'll be happy to get it fixed, it truly must have burned out within hours of the police seeing it because I hadn't noticed the problem and I would have replaced it before the trip had it been bad. I also don't do that much night driving however I do turn on headlights for the daytime drive just to be safe. No ticket,,, just a warning but I was very stressed the other night with the red/blue lights.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:22 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,530,718 times
Today I crossed paths twice with someone that deleted me on facebook.

The second time I saw her, she was with her Moderator cut: language boyfriend. Seriously. He has Moderator cut: language written all over him. When I walked by, I looked behind me and I was planning on discreetly checking her out (I might hate her, but I admit she's hot). But she was already looking at me when I looked behind me. She must remember me.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-10-2011 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:28 PM

24,665 posts, read 70,086,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Today I crossed paths twice with someone that deleted me on facebook.

The second time I saw her, she was with her Moderator cut: language boyfriend. Seriously. He has Moderator cut: language written all over him. When I walked by, I looked behind me and I was planning on discreetly checking her out (I might hate her, but I admit she's hot). But she was already looking at me when I looked behind me. She must remember me.
And your point, FB-Obsessed Child?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-10-2011 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 06-09-2011, 04:31 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,097,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
His point is that he is trying his best to show that he is classless and immature. He's doing a fine job!

Old 06-09-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I was venting. This is a venting thread. I hate it when I cross paths with someone that deleted me on facebook.

And I wonder how long she was looking at me.

And I included that I was planning on discreetly checking her out to get the point across that her boyfriend wouldn't notice.

Also, why don't I describe the first time I saw her.

The first time I saw her, she was talking on her cell phone. I don't know if she saw me, but I definitely saw her. I was thinking "Great, it's her "

The first time I saw her today, I checked her out.

I also discreetly gave her the middle finger when I walked by. I love discreetly giving the middle finger to people that deleted me on facebook.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:39 PM

After high school, you're glad to get away from the people you hate. But it's only a matter of time until there are people at your college you have reason to dislike.

I guess there will always be losers no matter where you go. Naive me for thinking I could avoid losers in college

Last edited by city_data91; 06-09-2011 at 04:47 PM..

Old 06-09-2011, 04:49 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,359,909 times
Quote:
I was venting. This is a venting thread. I hate it when I cross paths with someone that deleted me on facebook.
But the point people are making is that ALL your vents are about Facebook. I say this with all sincerity - you should, or need to, just start a general Facebook Thread and keep that going daily instead of repetitively posting the same vent over and over and over ad nauseum in this thread.

This will also give you ample opportunity to converse in posts with others who share your interest and issues with this medium.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
But the point people are making is that ALL your vents are about Facebook. I say this with all sincerity - you should, or need to, just start a general Facebook Thread and keep that going daily instead of repetitively posting the same vent over and over and over ad nauseum in this thread.

This will also give you ample opportunity to converse in posts with others who share your interest and issues with this medium.
There was a facebook unfriending thread but it got closed.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:51 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,359,909 times
Quote:
There was a facebook unfriending thread but it got closed.
That was specific to unfriending - I'm just talking about a title called "Facebook Thread" then it's not limited to one issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics