Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 09:03 AM

6,887 posts, read 11,275,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Ya the slick ones know who's palms to grease too. And the lawyers..try finding one with ethics and or has a brain in his head. They do all know how to charge too much for doing next to nothing, that's one thing they are all good at. I wish ya luck, Bette.

I was scanning down to the other topics and saw the one about 90 million dollars for a penthouse. That was just after reading about children starving in Niger. Literally 2 different worlds here on planet earth. It disgusts me, isn't it a pity I care so much and can do so little. Sadly, money is the god in this world.
I care also - I guess that's why I stress out. I know the US is a great country with many good heads on their shoulders - I am hoping and praying that this issue gets resolved in a positive way and then my husband and I will get our life back and can help others. What this has taught me is that there is very little out there in the way of resources and how to cope.

My mom had very little the last few years of her life - she always helped others though - 300 at her memorial service and she was 89. Amazing woman.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:55 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,353,555 times
Okay, I am going to complain about boy children... who think they know and u don't know cause ur old, unhip, a chick and have poor computer skills... When will they learn why is youth so filled with folly and so sure about too...

Old 05-23-2012, 08:39 AM

19,623 posts, read 9,608,736 times
Billing services and the mail system

Within this past week, I recv'd a bill and the due date stamped on it was 5/17/12. It's now past 5/17. How do they expect me to get it there?

I looked on the envelope but don't see ANY dates - front or back side.
I bet it was sitting somewhere in the mail room or on a truck at one of the processing centers. The post office doesn't stamp dates on envelopes going through the mail system anymore????

Old 05-24-2012, 12:40 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,944,326 times
Having to make plans and get ready for a trip that I don’t want to go on. I’m just not looking forward to this new adventure of returning to the hometown and being away. Packing all the things that need to be taken is so annoying,,,,,,,,

Old 05-24-2012, 12:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,060,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Having to make plans and get ready for a trip that I don’t want to go on. I’m just not looking forward to this new adventure of returning to the hometown and being away. Packing all the things that need to be taken is so annoying,,,,,,,,
Yeah ... No fun if you don't wish to return. I hope it winds up being a surprisingly pleasant trip for you. I remember our family reunion in Louisiana back in 2007 ... I was not at all excited to go (especially in July with the heat and humidity) but wound up thoroughly enjoying myself and have some great pics from that trip.

Well ... Next week's the long-dreaded week of jury duty reporting ... Gosh! I just pray that I don't get selected for a trial as I have to report back to work the following week. Man! I have next week off and don't wanna waste it sitting around a county courthouse the entire week! Geez Louise!

I just finished the online orientation and could not stop gagging ... Oh PU-LEEEEEASE!

Last edited by Chatteress; 05-24-2012 at 01:09 PM..

Old 05-24-2012, 02:01 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,295,436 times
I don't blame you, Aks, or you, Chatt for not wanting to do either thing. If it weren't for my mother, I'd never go back to my hometown. ANd as for jury duty......

Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,944,326 times
I almost got rear-ended while stopped to make a right-hand turn at a traffic intersection. There was a pedestrian walking across the street while in the crosswalk, I waiting for them to clear the crosswalk and then make my turn.
Of course someone was coming up from behind me traveling faster than needed and came right up on my bumper waiting for me to proceed. There are three traffic lanes going east, pick one, anyone and get off my ass. Naturally they were not able to change lanes and continue because they’re hands were full of smoking a cigarette and holding a cellphone while trying to STOP there vehicle. “dumb-ass” No other traffic just me a dumb-ass and a pedestrian.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,336,146 times
People that never answer their texts or emails: a hex on them!

Old 05-24-2012, 10:43 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,060,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I almost got rear-ended while stopped to make a right-hand turn at a traffic intersection. There was a pedestrian walking across the street while in the crosswalk, I waiting for them to clear the crosswalk and then make my turn.
Of course someone was coming up from behind me traveling faster than needed and came right up on my bumper waiting for me to proceed. There are three traffic lanes going east, pick one, anyone and get off my ass. Naturally they were not able to change lanes and continue because they’re hands were full of smoking a cigarette and holding a cellphone while trying to STOP there vehicle. “dumb-ass” No other traffic just me a dumb-ass and a pedestrian.
I cannot stand these inconsiderate drivers ... They are a hazard to other drivers and especially to pedestrians

Old 05-25-2012, 02:16 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,004,520 times
Anyone else use Gmail and gonna stop using it? Pretty weird you get an email and then see that target subjects from your email in ads next to your letter. The one yesterday was talking about painting a house and also about herbal remedies for a dog. And I look over and there are ads for just those things. I did the opt out, but that didnt stop it, so I'm done with them. I've read others are upset by their new prying eyes privacy policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics