Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 12:03 PM

24,740 posts, read 26,338,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Ok why export a thread to OT after its been going for 12 pages? And then once its here its killed, closed on that same page with no reason for it? Why don't you mods try working together, like talking to each other. I agree the thread was stupid and had been a bit of trouble, but why export it here rather than dealing with the problem there. And then why close it once here and for no good reason. Makes no sense at all. I think when a thread is closed a post should be made giving the reason its being closed.
todd00, I have asked the same questions and voiced the same concerns as you.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:10 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,042,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
On the news ... China is proudly announcing the pay scale in China is going up because they are doing so well. That's great news, I think. As the pay scale goes up, just maybe companies will get back to manufacturing in the USA.

The gutting of American economy that has occurred with what you write below has gone way too far. What the h ell do these company "leaders" think they will do when we have another civil war because of these actions and also dealing with other countries coming at us with attempts to take over?
Their pay scale is going up but not near what people are paid over here. The CEO's could walk away at anytime and go live in Europe or some exotic location and be set for life. And if the bottom falls in that's exactly what they will do.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:23 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,251,488 times
Default Oh my mother!

Sorry I need to vent about my mother and how delusional she is about my youngest brother (her favorite). My brother has a good job and is responsible on taking care of himself but he is completely unreliable for anything else. My mother is single and in her 70's. Occasionally she needs help with something at her house. For some bizarre reason she always thinks my brother is actually going come through and help her. When he doesn't, then she has a ton of excuses for him. "Oh he must be stuck at work" or some other crap. He only lives a mile from her house. So of course he pulled another no show when she asked him to clean out a clogged gutter for her ( I live out of state now otherwise my husband would have done it for her).

A few years ago (when we still lived in the area) she was getting new carpet and was going to pay for the installers to remove the old. My brother told her the cost was a rip off and he would remove her old carpet for her. Umm ya. He never showed up. My mother called me in a panic at 10 pm the night before her new carpet was going to be installed. So my husband and I drove over to her house and spent the night tearing out her old carpet and moving furniture. Man, I was pissed. I was already in my jammies and ready to go bed. I was not in the mood for ripping out carpet and moving furniture. Of course mom had a ton of excuses for my brother. I get a mother's love, I am a mom too but come on. How many times does she have to get burned?

Old 05-29-2012, 01:38 PM

Maybe when no one comes to bail her out, she will see her son more clearly as just a talker.

The story of Diane Tran being thrown in jail makes me mad too. The change.org petition had 40k signatures when I signed it today. Please read the story and sign the petition.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1549160.html

Old 05-29-2012, 02:13 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,251,488 times
Quote:
Maybe when no one comes to bail her out, she will see her son more clearly as just a talker.

The story of Diane Tran being thrown in jail makes me mad too. The change.org petition had 40k signatures when I signed it today. Please read the story and sign the petition.
Diane Tran, Honor Student At Texas High School, Jailed For Missing School
True.

I signed that petition earlier today when I got the email. I have always been completely baffled by Texas lawmakers.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:16 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,104,037 times
Unbelievable story, thanks Todd for posting it!

Old 05-29-2012, 02:43 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,891,495 times
*whining round 2*

I still don't feeeeel good...and it's my birthday.

*stomps feet and throws self dramatically back on the couch*

(And yes, that story about the student is completely ridiculous and all involved should be ashamed)

Old 05-29-2012, 07:26 PM

Sorry PJJCat, hope you feel better soon. Doesn't make it a very nice b-day when feeling poorly.

Maybe you can have a make up birthday when you feel better and do something you'd enjoy.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:19 PM

33,127 posts, read 36,994,609 times
The neighbor reported me to the police! They opened their pool last week and said that they found debris from my yard in the pool filter. I had a little party in the yard at the end of April--maybe a mylar balloon?

If the pool was covered until last weekend, how did my junk end up in the filter? They called the police? Really? I've lived next door to these people for nine years!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:30 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,293,428 times
Charges dropped against honor student jailed for truancy - Houston Chronicle

At least that part is taken care of. Now it's a matter of how the trust fund is handled.

Quote:

Diane Tran, Honor Student At Texas High School, Jailed For Missing School
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics