Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 05:25 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,148 times

Advertisements

No words will help your grief but I'm so sorry for your loss, Todd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
My last night with Topsy, my Great Pyrenees. She has cancer and she's had a difficult day. So I thought I'd have to take her in the morning. But she died tonight.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:51 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
I'm very sorry todd. I know the feeling of losing a cherished pet.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,278,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
My last night with Topsy, my Great Pyrenees. She has cancer and she's had a difficult day. So I thought I'd have to take her in the morning. But she died tonight.

She was a stray I found on the interstate, had her 10 years, such a sweet and sensitive girl. It's too bad people aren't as loyal and kind as dogs are. I care so much and it hurts so bad losing her and then I see people giving away middle aged dogs like its some inanimate object, like an old tv or sofa that they don't want anymore. It makes me so mad, would they give their bratty kids away because they were moving or whatever? If you have a pet accept its a life responsibility or don't get one! Oh we have come so far with high tech stuff, but not far at all in regards to humanity.

Todd, I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Topsy..........my heart breaks for you. Topsy was very blessed to be found by you. Take comfort knowing you made a difference in her life. You are a wonderful pet parent............wish everyone took care of their pets like you do.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:10 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,769 times
My sincerest sympathies, Todd...I know how difficult losing a cherished pet always is. I'm crying for your loss because it makes me think of my own. And I fully agree that pets are a responsibility....and I find being responsible can be a truly fulfilling experience, not a burden.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:35 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I am tired of people mistaking physical disabilities for cognitive ones. Yesterday I was on the metro and two women were actually debating whether a Deaf woman they had met at a business meeting could read. Hello--if she is at a business meeting, of course she can read, just like you and anyone else who had to get through college to get a job that's better than flipping burgers!
I can so relate to this ... Because I have physical defects on my face, people somehow assume that I am less intelligent or something despite the fact that I have a MASTER'S degree! I really get so fed up with this nonsense!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:32 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I can so relate to this ... Because I have physical defects on my face, people somehow assume that I am less intelligent or something despite the fact that I have a MASTER'S degree! I really get so fed up with this nonsense!
My favorite is when people talk REALLY REALLY LOUD to my blind friend. Or talk S..L..O..W..L..Y because they think he's slow-witted I guess.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:13 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,985,404 times
My gal is sick, she doesn't take care of herself well. She left me a note saying she had been to the health center and she has some cholesterol that blocking the arteries of her heart and low blood pressure and bad ulcer. She failed to tell me what they were going to do, so imagine how stressed I feel. The health centers there are pretty bad. She will need to be checked out by a good doc. She isn't fat nor eat a high fat type diet, nor is she real old, so I dont know. I could just scream.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:58 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Sometimes it's a hereditary thing, Todd. Go ahead and scream. You deserve it. Thanks for being a good, caring dad to Topsy.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:51 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
My health insurance payments are processed by a subcontractor with the company that I had worked for. The dollar amount for the past five years has been taken out of my bank account every month without error. I don’t like it that way but that’s the only way that I can have it done. The problem is when Mrs Aks became Medicare eligible and my health insurance payments were going to be “reduced”. This subcontractor for the company said my needed payments would be lower and that they would “fix” the dollar amount that they would debit from the bank account. That was fine with me, and after talking over the phone with them a few days later I received a letter of confirmation. The next thing I know my bank account was debited the wrong amount for the month. I called and talked about the error. Yes,,, they agreed that they made an error but they can’t “refund” the dollar amount back to me for 21 days. Now,,,, a month later,,,, they did it again! I made another call yesterday and talked with the manager, he said he would look into it and call me back today. “I’m waiting” and I’m tired of trying to fix their errors at my expense! I want my money back into my account NOW. Not 21 days from now.

Oh how I'm looking forward to government control over the health industry and hopefully single payer coverage someday. An uncontrolled health insurance industry is killing America! PISSED!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:55 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,985,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Sometimes it's a hereditary thing, Todd. Go ahead and scream. You deserve it. Thanks for being a good, caring dad to Topsy.
Ya, I dont know why I didnt think of it, her mom and brother have had some kind of problems as well, not sure what though. She needs to have a good physical and not at the free centers there that dont care and do a crappy job. She is so hard headed saying she is ok, so I have insist she get some more tests done. This medicine they gave her a script for is a statin type med. It has many serious side effects. There are many herbs and various things that help this also. Earthclinic is a great resource.

Then later last night one of her cats was sick and she had to take the kitty to the vet. On a motorcycle in the rain, least her brother was with her. The cat has to be on IV fluids, poor kitty had a very high fever too. I wish the storm would clear for us.

Immigration told the Senator's office (who I called about our case) 30-45 days more, that being up this last Wednesday. My lawyer said they tell them that, but tell only the lawyers it could be up to 6 months. Why tell the Senators office that lie then? And then look at the mess with the illegal immigrants, thats out of control. Oh they will probably give them amnesty again, like thats solving anything. The amount of time and money wasted on that is incredible and then the illegals have the nerve to expect and get benefits after breaking the law. While people doing it the legal way get jerked around and have longs waits to be with the one they love. Really makes me furious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics