Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2012, 08:52 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,907,468 times

Advertisements

Earlier in the week Mrs Aks got a phone call from her friend about a “get-together” on Saturday and that she would call her. So far there’s been no update, no phone call, and no idea as to if there will be a get together or not. Why do people say they’ll call you back later with info and then not follow up on doing that?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:09 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,835,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Earlier in the week Mrs Aks got a phone call from her friend about a “get-together” on Saturday and that she would call her. So far there’s been no update, no phone call, and no idea as to if there will be a get together or not. Why do people say they’ll call you back later with info and then not follow up on doing that?
If she does that sort of thing often, then she is thoughtless and rude. In any case, she should get back to your wife. I would probably make my own plans or just call her back and say something like "Did we have some plans"...and see where it goes.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:11 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,835,730 times
Gas went up another ten cents a litre. So more than .40 a gallon. OUr gallon in the GWN is a little larger than in the U.S. These oil companies are corporate thieves...

Old 02-26-2012, 06:16 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,255,117 times
I'm so worried about my dear sweet cat I opened this link again to hear it. The drums are a happy sound and reminds me that my kitty needs to hear positivity in my voice at all times.

Dayna - Best Tahitian Dancer - YouTube

Old 02-26-2012, 06:30 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,351,545 times
Gas jumping up in some areas to 4.00 a gal! I can still find it for 3.83 though!

Old 02-26-2012, 06:59 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,993,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Gas jumping up in some areas to 4.00 a gal! I can still find it for 3.83 though!
And the oil companies get richer, same old story. Pretty soon some people won't even be able to afford to drive. But as long as the politicians and the rich got theirs, it doesn't matter. The boom in North Dakota, lots of oil but it doesn't help the price any. There are always excuses, but its all about greed. I hate to think what it might be by the summer. There will be an excuse for that too. And the politicians talk and do nothing, as usual. Say, that war did a h.ell of a lot of good didn't it.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:48 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,037,511 times
Now we all can clearly see that neither republicans NOR democrats have our best interest at heart ... Hopefully this outrage over the gas prices would stir us up to vote for someone else ... I'm so sick and tired of the same ole promises from the same ole two party-candidates and hopefully a large enough majority feels the same way. Unfortunately, I fear that we are just going to continue down the same pathway because the average voter fails to take the time to critically evaluate each candidate and only listens to the "promises" that are never kept.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:32 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,907,468 times
Oil in North Dakota or Canada will NOT change the price at our pump. It’s a WORLD market controlled by the oil industry and they make over $35Billion each quart in PROFIT. Suck it up! Kick the lobbyist out of Washington, and hold the feet of our representative to the fire; there isn’t anyone YOU or I elect that will make changes, they’re all bought and paid for!

Corporate America bought and paid for our government they own it not us!

Old 02-26-2012, 10:09 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,614,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
So the day before yesterday it snowed, I went to the store, ( ya I know), yes it was packed. I had 2 items, the express lane was 7 deep, went to another line, then a line opens right next to me, a young couple with a huge basket pulled in front of me so I was behind them. They totally saw I only had 2 items but did they offer for me to go ahead? No. I wasn't in a hurry and it wasn't snowing yet, but geez!! They both looked at me!! Sometimes I just shake my head
Dont u love people who stand in the middle of an aisle talking on cell and not realizing 5 people are behind them actually trying to shop...I dislike people without common courtesy, and its not usually younger kids or students either....

Old 02-26-2012, 11:51 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,993,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Oil in North Dakota or Canada will NOT change the price at our pump. It’s a WORLD market controlled by the oil industry and they make over $35Billion each quart in PROFIT. Suck it up! Kick the lobbyist out of Washington, and hold the feet of our representative to the fire; there isn’t anyone YOU or I elect that will make changes, they’re all bought and paid for!

Corporate America bought and paid for our government they own it not us!
Yep, thats why these elections are such a joke. After they get in office they forget everything they promised. They do what they want and don't care what the people think until election time. Hold the feet of our representatives to the fire...I'm more for burning them at the stake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics