Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2012, 10:39 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,144,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^^ I'd worry! Can you get some of those small earplugs to reduce the sound level? I’ve seen them for sale in most drugstores.
I'll have to look into that ... If I turn off my hearing aids, they act as earplugs but they did not help much the last time I went (that's how painfully loud it was) ... This will be the same venue and concert sponsors as the previous one I attended years ago. I guess if it's too bad, I'll have to go further inside the stadium and wait by the concession stands ....

Old 08-25-2012, 10:41 AM

5,234 posts, read 8,042,140 times
Good idea, I've used them before. I used to buy swimmers ear plugs, they work good. I'd also use them when I had a bad headache and the dogs were in a barky mood. They are cheap too. Buy some ear plugs, go have some fun, have some for me too.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:42 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,104,037 times
I've never understood why the music has to be so loud in the first place.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I've never understood why the music has to be so loud in the first place.
Agree ... It takes away from the enjoyment in my opinion. I LOVE live music but at reasonable levels.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Good idea, I've used them before. I used to buy swimmers ear plugs, they work good. I'd also use them when I had a bad headache and the dogs were in a barky mood. They are cheap too. Buy some ear plugs, go have some fun, have some for me too.
Yeah ... I'll give the earplugs a try ... I have to find some that'll fit my unusually small ear canal though ... Probably the putty ones. I definitely want to enjoy myself and see my friend. She just posted about how she's had a bad day yesterday and was looking forward to tonight's concert with me and her boyfriend being there ... How can I cancel out on her after reading THAT?! LOL!

Old 08-25-2012, 01:38 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,616,109 times
Grr.....

I'm trying to graduate from college this fall. The classes I need to graduate conflict time-wise with each other and now I am in a pickle. THEY BETTER FIX THIS! *Angrily shaking fist at university*

Old 08-25-2012, 01:39 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,726,157 times
Quote:
Due to Current
Economic Conditions
Spoiler

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Cant rep you again yet.

But, CNN says its an "invisible recession" shouldn't we just follow their opinion .

I donated money yesterday to the Salvation Army here, the downtown has an unused parking garage with at least 10-20 homeless people living there, a few have little kids too .
Downtown looks more like a third world, sad

Old 08-25-2012, 01:53 PM

^^^ The charities that we have can’t do everything or enough to help those in need,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so now we’re looking at a new direction for our government. “Reduce” benefits that help those in need? Who wants to see or know about that! If government social help is reduced then we might as well kiss this country goodbye; I’m not one who cares to live in a society that doesn’t take care of its people and help those in need. It simply isn’t a question of morality and need any longer; it’s the right thing to do.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:22 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,293,428 times
Quote:
^^^ The charities that we have can’t do everything or enough to help those in need,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so now we’re looking at a new direction for our government. “Reduce” benefits that help those in need? Who wants to see or know about that! If government social help is reduced then we might as well kiss this country goodbye; I’m not one who cares to live in a society that doesn’t take care of its people and help those in need. It simply isn’t a question of morality and need any longer; it’s the right thing to do.
The thing is, in most instances we don't really know where monetary donations are going. Don't forget what happened with all the money we gave to United Way throughout the years in our salaries.

Kirby Sommers: Theft of donations at United Way by CEO: Why no jail time? Kirby Sommers

During a number of years that I worked for a large automotive financial company there was an annual meeting in each office with a not so subtle threat about having 100% employees signing up. That's the same company that handled sexual harassment by promoting the harasser to a different location. But back to charities, I'm sure some of them use as little as possible for the cost of organizing but the only one I trust is Red Cross. For my own donations, I give things to a local women's shelter and money to animal rescue.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:37 PM

^^^ Good point Kitty

It's always best to donate to those charities that you KNOW are doing good. Personally I like the SA very much and approve of what they do so far. I've not heard of anything bad about them (yet).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics