Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 02:25 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,293,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I'm very stressed and angry with receiving an email from my sister. I'm just so tired of getting, hearing, and seeing the negative political cr@p that seems to be passed around. I simply can't deal with her and her emails any longer.

(forced into timeout for several days will help me)
You have sure had a lot of crappy stuff lately with credit card fraud and your order misdirected and now an aggravating sister. Maybe you can just ignore the emails. I'm behind on updates but has your ordered item arrived yet?

Old 09-01-2012, 02:43 AM

Have to shake my head at this one. She is worth 20+Billion and she thinks the minimum wage should be even lower and that people should stop drinking, stop smoking and work harder. 20 billion and she can't do something about her obesity. There are a lot of reasons people struggle with excess weight but she can afford any kind of assistance with all that weight and just look at her. She thinks people are jealous of her!

World's richest woman labels her Australian countrymen 'whingers' and tells them to get out of the pub and work harder | Mail Online

Old 09-01-2012, 02:52 AM

5,234 posts, read 8,042,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
Have to shake my head at this one. She is worth 20+Billion and she thinks the minimum wage should be even lower and that people should stop drinking, stop smoking and work harder. 20 billion and she can't do something about her obesity. There are a lot of reasons people struggle with excess weight but she can afford any kind of assistance with all that weight and just look at her. She thinks people are jealous of her!

World's richest woman labels her Australian countrymen 'whingers' and tells them to get out of the pub and work harder | Mail Online
And she inherited lucrative tenements from "daddy". I'll bet the slob hasn't worked a day in her life. Move over Leona Helmsley, this one has you beat.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
And she inherited lucrative tenements from "daddy". I'll bet the slob hasn't worked a day in her life. Move over Leona Helmsley, this one has you beat.
I was just thinking the same thing! She sat and stuffed her face while her daddy earned those billions. I tend to feel sorry for people struggling with weight but not for this ridiculous woman, not at all.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:27 AM

I'm just surprised at the mean and heartless replies to another recent thread on c/d. Are people now all so cynical that they can't even exercise a little basic empathy for another person, without a totally cynical reply? Maybe so. Its the.."what are you sitting there homeless for, go get a job mentality". Everyone on the internet is a scammer, every internet friendship is a farce, ya right. Oh, except your's.

Some people are users, on and off the net. Certainly its a good idea to not send money to those you don't feel you can trust. But the Op wasn't talking about that at all, just about finding social service help and such in the area for her friend. Its rather insulting to ones intelligence to assume the OP that has befriended this troubled individual hasn't a better idea of that person than someone that knows nothing about them specifically. As in how long they have been friends and more facts about the disabled party. When you don't know this information, its foolish to pretend you know all and see all. Well I hope to God there never comes a time when you are disabled and only have an internet friend to talk to, you might change your tune if it happened to you.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:22 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,104,037 times
Quote:

Yeah I saw some stories about her the other day and couldn’t believe it……. Typical of people who have no empathy or understanding of others,,, it’s sad to say the least.

However she is typical for many people like her who are in the 1%...... No empathy!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:28 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,104,037 times
Iowa police dog dies after being left in Des Moines patrol car - U.S. News

Here's yet another story about a police dog that gets left behind in the car and dies.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:

Here's yet another story about a police dog that gets left behind in the car and dies.
What in the F*** is wrong with peoples heads. It was 90 plus degrees here in Iowa all week. What he hasn't a grain of common sense to think shut off the car and it gets very hot fast when 90 plus degrees. That idiot should be fired, and his fellow officers should tazer him to death as well. Or better yet, lock him in a car handcuffed, till he dies. I believe an eye for an eye. Bet he won't even lose his job, the slime.

"Officials were unsure whether the car's air conditioning was on, if any windows were rolled down or how long the yellow lab was in the car, The Des Moines Register reported". Well it would be simple to find out wouldn't it, or doesn't the officer remember? At least people in Des Moines seem to be outraged about it. He should lose his damn job, is this the kind of person we need in law enforcement? Just makes me so mad, I can't put it into words, these incidents are inexcusable and then the bs that the officer is upset, well he should be, the slime. They will whitewash this cuz he is a cop, but if it were some other person, they would already be in jail!

How many times does this have to happen in this country. I think there should be some law specific for this crime, maybe these morons might not be so callous if they thought it would mean termination and being barred from ever holding a LEO position again, as well as jail time. Poor sweet doggie.

Last edited by todd00; 09-01-2012 at 01:34 PM..

Old 09-01-2012, 01:39 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,454,841 times
Quote:

Quote:
“There is nobody that could be more upset and traumatized by this than Officer Mathis,” Scott told WHO.
Typical PR nonsense in trying to protect their own as usual. Nothing new here.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:44 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,144,825 times
Quote:
I was just thinking the same thing! She sat and stuffed her face while her daddy earned those billions. I tend to feel sorry for people struggling with weight but not for this ridiculous woman, not at all.
Interesting ... And she's telling OTHERS to work hard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics