Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 09:12 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,080,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Two weeks ago a couple (friends of Mrs Aks) called and said they were going on a road trip and would be passing through the area and wanted to see us, maybe spend a few days and then move on.

No one showed or called for a week and a half, then last night they called and they would be in today mid-afternoon. They changed their minds and went to San Diego first then to Las Vegas, but now they’re headed our way.

With a little more notice (maybe a 24~48 hrs) things here could more easily be changed to make for a better visit while they are here. Short notice isn’t always easy to deal with for others.

Short notice is rarely easy to deal with a very inconsiderate.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:02 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,367,672 times
Hey great thread...just found it

My vent is I post on other boards on C-D for information and there is always this one other poster that no matter what location you are asking about, what kind of job or schools in the area or any other topic you could possibly think of...this person knows the answer to everything.

They either know of people who work as this type of worker and they haven't had a job in months; or you ask about your profession in that area and of course, they know that that field is non-existant in that area (no matter what the field).

I mean literally any given topic you could think of, this person either has first hand experience, has friends that have experience or (I believe) just makes stuff up.

Maybe I'm sheltered but you can't know EVERYTHING...but this person always seems to (and it's always skewed towards the negative view).

It's very annoying...

Wow, I do feel better, thanks!

P.S. I hope I wasn't rambling too much there...

Old 02-09-2010, 03:54 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,932,951 times
JustinsMaMa-That's why we are all here in the best part of CD!!! LOL-no one here judges or corrects.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:16 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,238,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
Hey great thread...just found it

My vent is I post on other boards on C-D for information and there is always this one other poster that no matter what location you are asking about, what kind of job or schools in the area or any other topic you could possibly think of...this person knows the answer to everything.

They either know of people who work as this type of worker and they haven't had a job in months; or you ask about your profession in that area and of course, they know that that field is non-existant in that area (no matter what the field).

I mean literally any given topic you could think of, this person either has first hand experience, has friends that have experience or (I believe) just makes stuff up.

Maybe I'm sheltered but you can't know EVERYTHING...but this person always seems to (and it's always skewed towards the negative view).

It's very annoying...

Wow, I do feel better, thanks!

P.S. I hope I wasn't rambling too much there...

LOL : Now, I am certain that it isn't me you are referring to....cause I don't remember seeing you in any of the threads I visit. HOwever, it will be easy for everyone to recognize who this is now by visiting all the threads you have been posting in. LOL However, that person probably isn't in the "other" threads because we get rid of people quickly like that. "just kidding"

Old 02-09-2010, 04:21 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,367,672 times
No, no, not you.

Actually, I should clarify, this person isn't necessarily in a lot of my threads I post to, but they are in a lot of threads I read on certain boards...

Old 02-09-2010, 08:19 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,406,270 times
I am sure I stressed and vented already, but today I am venting about contractors. It is hard to find one in this economy who is not trying to get over on you especially if you are female. I don't know why they think you can't read or count or try act like u don't understand?

Old 02-09-2010, 08:51 PM

7,377 posts, read 2,772,390 times
sun queen, I feel your pain and irritation...there, there, don't worry your pretty little head about it.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:59 PM

8,994 posts, read 14,852,698 times
TOMORROW WILL BE THE THIRD DAY I AM MISSING WORK BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER!!

I wouldn't be upset if I was getting paid but...alas...I'm just part-time at my job and since the higher-ups decide if we're opened or closed...it wouldn't matter if I could make it in or night.

My check will once again suck. Last week I missed 8 hours because of the weather and it definitely reflected in my check. Tomorrow will make 12 hours of missed work.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,932,951 times
The snow in DC has govt. employees off for the past 3 days-at a cost of $100 mil a day!!!!!! How does that work?

Old 02-10-2010, 06:13 AM

36,595 posts, read 16,182,431 times
Work is offering me a new client, 5 days a week, 5 hours a day, mornings off. But...I still work 12 on Sat and 4 on Sun which means 7 days a week. Well, they said you have mornings off, well I said I still have to go somewhere every single day I told them I need them to find a replacement for Sundays, it's hardly worth my time for 4 hours. They said it's so hard to fill that spot, dduh!! That's why we had you do it??? What?? So they screwed me a year ago knowing I would take the Sunday job, when no one else would. I have an interview this afternoon with the clients Mom, so we will see. I just know it will wear on me having to go to work every, single day!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics