Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 12:15 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,302,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Every or at least as often as I can, I try to make some rules to just try and improve myself and my interactions with others little by little. When a day like today happens and I have a situation that turns into me receiving personal attacks, insults and being sworn at repeatedly by somebody supposedly in "authority" I begin to wonder if this pathetic planet of disgusting "human" waste scum populating it is all a boring dream.

Certainly I am fast becoming of the opinion that the only way to find any truth is to end my life. If it wasn't for my integrity and my family I would.
Richard, now that scares me. Please tell me there is more in life than dealing with idiots who treat you that way..is this an employer? Not right..it's not worth ending your life.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:06 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,079,297 times
I don't know how I missed this thread before. I have lots of stuff to ***** about.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:16 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,409,879 times
Someone who can make me angry.....controls me. I don't want to participate in that cyce of frustration. I, with help, can let it go.....(dontcha know!)

Old 01-27-2010, 09:49 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,036,187 times
Oh dear! I seem to have offended yet more people. Well that's what my other above post was about. For some reason ever since I was born, and despite my concious attempts at behaving as a better person, I have failed and seem to give off a very negative vibe which attracts the worst reactions in all manner of people.

I have made effort every day recently to make things better and something else happens, such as yesterday (now that was real "profanity"), when I was personally attacked by someone who wouldn't even normally behave like that. I didn't even insult him. There is no future in my life, no I don't feel sorry for myself but there is no future for me and no point existing at all. I only seem to magnetically attract trouble, destruction, anger and contempt. That isn't good in an already broken world.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:37 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,302,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Oh dear! I seem to have offended yet more people. Well that's what my other above post was about. For some reason ever since I was born, and despite my concious attempts at behaving as a better person, I have failed and seem to give off a very negative vibe which attracts the worst reactions in all manner of people.

I have made effort every day recently to make things better and something else happens, such as yesterday (now that was real "profanity"), when I was personally attacked by someone who wouldn't even normally behave like that. I didn't even insult him. There is no future in my life, no I don't feel sorry for myself but there is no future for me and no point existing at all. I only seem to magnetically attract trouble, destruction, anger and contempt. That isn't good in an already broken world.
Richard, I am not offended, sounds like you just need a place to vent. I just get scared when someone talks of ending their life. Hang in there fella.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:36 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,027,431 times
Richard,,, you didn’t corner the market on problems like yours. Not knowing more then what little I do, I have to say that there are thousands of others who feel the same way about personal issues as you do. Most ( not all ) don’t openly talk about their life in the ways that you have posted. Most of them do better if they find a counselor to help them work though the problems or issues. Many find help with only a few meetings with them and move on without having the problems any longer to bother them. I would suggest, not knowing more then what you have posted, that you contact a counselor and work out some of the problems.

Trust me,,, your not the only one with problems and issues! Life is giving you some challenges right now and you need to deal with them properly.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:45 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,919,500 times
Last minute cancellation of Mr. L's surgery as they want a cardio to read stress test as it was slightly abnormal. To say he is upset is an understatement as he was mentally ready.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:37 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,864,623 times
been very very long while since I last posted on CD but I need to vent a bit.

Ok.... stepping up on the soap box..... ahem.... hold onto your chairs......

Parents are now 82 dad and 83 mom. Dad is ADDICTED to mail in sweepstakes... he thinks he will win! Why because he WANTS that money. Yet he knows they are all scams. So for the past 6-8 mos I have been trying to get him to stop. The house phone they ( my parents ) have had for over 30 years has had to be changed. That change was a necessary evil due to the severe amount of calls they got and the (beyond) nasty attitude the caller got when told dad wasn't able to talk. It got so bad that dad wasn't allowed to answer the phone. Just telling them "do not call take this phone number off your list" never worked. One caller was verbally abusive to my mother. Hence phone number change.... dad wasn't allowed to know the new number till just recently.
I had to make my father sign a promisary note stating he will NOT pic up the mail and only Donate Money to charities I approve ( meaning I check into to make sure they are legit and not part of the scams themselves). I have to pick up their mail daily and go though it. I have put them on the do not mail do not call lists as well as contacted the local AG office. Had dad talk with AG office. He still thinks he will win, cause he wants that money. On average he gets about 100 scam sweepstakes a week. Some times more. they are currently flooding my parents mailbox since they can't talk to my father.
He has recieve 3 false checks already. These are 'real' checks that they will send out with the instructions to call "jane or jack doe" to get further instruction on how to cash it and what to do. they try to say that this money is part of the winnings that is to be used to pay for insurance or taxes or some stupid fee so that they can send out the rest of the winnings. HA!
right now I want to find each and every person who keeps this scam alive and line them up chained ankle to ankle arm to arm and made to wade through the wake of every letter, every false statement, every half-truth and every nasty comment for the rest of their pittiful lives. May they die the death of a thousand papercuts.

That on top of all the other crap in my life has made my life a living hell for the past 6 mos. My sister was fired from her job (even the HR dept couldn't find a reason why she was fired when questined by Unemployeement folks). Her son wanted to make himself dinner late one night and started a fire, now she barely has a kitchen. My mom is on her last nerve with worry over father. My father forgets what he did just hours ago either that or is lieing through his teeth ( which both are highly possible) My job is harping on my job perfomance so I wonder if I will have a job in 4 mos.

Too tired to continue my rant.... so I will step down for now.... taking care of parents two house two dogs, one cat and helping one sister with a idiot 31 year old son all the while trying to maintain one full time job, really s**ks.

Thanks for listening to a long lost friend.... off the box ready to hand off to the next person.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:15 PM

8,994 posts, read 14,842,775 times
All this economic news has me so stressed.
I feel like I'm doing the right thing by going to school but feel like there won't be any jobs by the time I'm done.
It all seems so pointless.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:43 PM

24,685 posts, read 26,256,936 times
Oh my Kerowyn, this sounds familiar. I found out about my Dads addiction to this very same problem only after he passed away. Fortunately, one of my siblings caught it and got involved and put a stop to most of it.

As we cleared out his condo after he passed away, I was amazed at how many of the cheap "freebees" with the promises of future riches they had sent him over the years. How many calculators, thermometers, pens and other crap can a 80+ old person need?

We need to monitor our elderly parents to keep them from slipping into this trap.

Kerowyn, make note that many of us CD'rs have this same problem and as custodians of our elderly parents we have to be vigilant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics