Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 11:38 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,344,298 times

Advertisements

I am venting today about a friend. I hate it when everything is going along fine and then from out of know where someone u care about drops off the face of the planet as far as u r concerned. Yeah, sure they may have a good reason that has nothing to do with me, but when u don't know, u don't know. And that is so not fair. Tell me no matter what... at least I know... Don't leave me to wonder- that is just so not how u treat someone especially someone u say u care about. And even if u don't care, u should shoot straight. I don't know how long I will need to vent about this, but I am just so disappointed. Than anyone and everyone for giving me a chance to get this off my chest. And I apologize for being whiney, murmuring and complaining.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:13 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,283,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I am venting today about a friend. I hate it when everything is going along fine and then from out of know where someone u care about drops off the face of the planet as far as u r concerned. Yeah, sure they may have a good reason that has nothing to do with me, but when u don't know, u don't know. And that is so not fair. Tell me no matter what... at least I know... Don't leave me to wonder- that is just so not how u treat someone especially someone u say u care about. And even if u don't care, u should shoot straight. I don't know how long I will need to vent about this, but I am just so disappointed. Than anyone and everyone for giving me a chance to get this off my chest. And I apologize for being whiney, murmuring and complaining.
SQ..the same exact thing happened to me years ago. good friend, out of the blue I was out of the picture. Tried to find out what I had done, all I got was 'nothing'. Well it totally tossed me for a loop and I regret that SHE had that power over me to do that. I still don't know what happened and that was in like 1993.

I didn't have a place like this to vent..hang in there..and I say if you dont get a reason why this happened...then it's not YOU. hang in there!

Old 02-17-2010, 06:26 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,434,361 times
sun queen- That's what this thread is for. I hope you feel better for getting it off your chest and I hope you find out what happened.

OK, mine is a minor vent. Really more of a peeve that ticks me off. What is wrong with people? I love animals and I have a dog but I am a considerate and responsible dog owner. I would never bring my dog to your house unless she is invited and I would never, never bring her into a store.

So today hubby and I are at "Rooms To Go" which is a big furniture store. As we are walking through I see a middle aged couple trying out a sofa and their dog was on his lap This was not a dog for medical purposes and it wasn't a tea cup sized dog.

What, so they think they are special?

Sorry, had to vent. If I start venting about people too much tell me to get back to my mountain top "away" from people, lol.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,739,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
sun queen- That's what this thread is for. I hope you feel better for getting it off your chest and I hope you find out what happened.

OK, mine is a minor vent. Really more of a peeve that ticks me off. What is wrong with people? I love animals and I have a dog but I am a considerate and responsible dog owner. I would never bring my dog to your house unless she is invited and I would never, never bring her into a store.

So today hubby and I are at "Rooms To Go" which is a big furniture store. As we are walking through I see a middle aged couple trying out a sofa and their dog was on his lap This was not a dog for medical purposes and it wasn't a tea cup sized dog.

What, so they think they are special?

Sorry, had to vent. If I start venting about people too much tell me to get back to my mountain top "away" from people, lol.
Oh Lisa, I am soooo with you here. I've only been without a dog for about a year now...had dogs all of my life and love them to pieces. Like you, I have been horribly resentful of people bringing their dogs to my house. Years ago a guy who used to stop by and visit, brought his HUGE golden lab, a youngster about 8 months old. The dog proceeded to take a huge crap on my living room carpet! They guy laughed and said, it's a good thing that will come out. All he could get up was the majority, because it was diarrhea!!

I have a beautiful, specimen flower garden, one that took me years to develop and cultivate. I also have vegetable garden beds worked in here and there. Nothing ticks me off more than someone who brings their dog to my home and lets it run around in my gardens and crap or pee on my plants. I know this sounds nitpicky, but it's just plain rude! I would never have brought my dog to someone's house. The times we did bring a dog with us, it was left in the car for the short time we were there.

Don't even get me started about people who bring their dogs or cats into grocery stores, supermarkets, or malls. If there are pet stores which allow pets inside....fine, take them there. The total disregard some pet owners have for others is just hard to believe.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 PM

606 posts, read 1,235,838 times
I can't stand when a site says "Free Online Personality Test" and you take it for like over 20 min and then when you get to the end of everything the last thing it says is "pay 35.99 for your results"....grrrr I wish that they would say that at the beginning.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:04 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,875,228 times
Aren't there health codes about brining animals into stores,etc? Unless of course it's a guide dog.

Lisa and Beach-yep my SIL has a cute dog but when they stay over so does the dog with all her luggage,cage,treats,toys.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Aren't there health codes about brining animals into stores,etc? Unless of course it's a guide dog.
Maybe, but if there is employees don't enforce them or even seem to care.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:52 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,739,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Maybe, but if there is employees don't enforce them or even seem to care.
You took the words right out of my mouth.... Yep, there are rules and regulations, but the establishment has to uphold them, AND people need to be willing to contact the authorities and report the incidents. As I've said before, it's baffling to walk into a place that has a poster on the door which says, "No shirt, No shoes, No service.....and there's a DOG in there?

On the plus side here.....at an earlier date, I posted something about being in a supermarket and seeing people pushing a mid-sized dog around in their cart while they shopped. Well, since then, there is a large, very noticeable sign on their entry door about NO DOGS...and letting people know that they needed to have official documentation, proving "certain" service before the a dog would be allowed in the store. I don't remember word for word what it says, but it IS quite specific. In other words, you can't just bring your dog in there if they're your service dog which helps with your "anxiety, depression, etc".

I am seeing signs like this on more and more establishment doors. You know, I find it so funny that we complain about "so damn many rules".. .and yet, there are people out there with no common sense or social etiquette who seem to feel the need to exhibit behaviors which spread like wildfire...which cause new rules, regulation and laws to be brought into effect. <shakes head> Hehe.....jee, guess I needed to vent? LOL

No, but seriously, let's look at what happens here. I don't think some adults are any more sensible or grownup than some kids. Okay....let's say Suzy B. goes to the store, sees Johnny in there with his seeing eye/hearing assistant (fill in the blank here)...dog with him in the store. Suzy says, "Well MY dog is my best friend and she just HATES staying alone and I like having her with me. If HE can have a dog in the store, then I should be able to have MY dog in the store!!" The next time Suzy goes to the store, she brings Fluffy. Well, Laurie and Katy see Suzy in the store with her dog and they say, "If SHE can have HER dog in the store, then I should be able to bring MY dog in the store." There you have it! The next thing you know you've got some new rules and regulations on board. Not all people NEED those rules and regulations because they simply wouldn't even consider bringing their pets into the store with them. LOL.... Off my soapbox!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:00 AM

I think a lot of it boils down to either or both: No courtesy and no common sense.

Let's not get me started on people

Old 02-18-2010, 08:46 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,283,185 times
Gosh we love our dogs, with the boys grown and gone, yes they are our 'kids' but they are still DOGS..We would never take them to someone's house without an ok, and really the only one I would take is the doxie..the other ones are big and would just tear things up. Only exception is my parents, they live 4 blocks away and I will show up with a dog or two...but its my parents and they want the dogs to visit, lol.

Now what if someone is allergic to dogs, they walk in a store and there is a DOG...this could be dangerous to their health. just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.