Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 09:54 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,928,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The owner of the company came over to check on the HVAC install only to find that the unit they sent was not the last year’s model as was ordered. I still received a big discount on the year end model however this unit isn’t working out as planned. Tomorrow morning the factory rep is coming out with the owner and the installer to see just what is going on and how to correct the issues. Biggest problem is that no manuals had been sent for technical reference and trouble shooting.

Tomorrows another lost day!
Update: The installer got things working however after a few days of this new unit I’m not sure if things are correct or not. I’ve got questions and would like to have some answers, so tomorrow I need to call the owner of the company and readdress these concerns. He needs to come over and look at some issues I have.

NMS’s DH is correct “do it yourself” and get it done the way you want it. However this unit is not a simple one and has many advanced features that most homeowners would never get working……

Old 03-15-2013, 01:12 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,288,314 times
Quote:
Update: The installer got things working however after a few days of this new unit I’m not sure if things are correct or not. I’ve got questions and would like to have some answers, so tomorrow I need to call the owner of the company and readdress these concerns. He needs to come over and look at some issues I have.

NMS’s DH is correct “do it yourself” and get it done the way you want it. However this unit is not a simple one and has many advanced features that most homeowners would never get working……
You paid good $$ for that, AKs....tell him to get his butt back there!

Old 03-15-2013, 11:25 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,051,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Just my two cents, Chatteress but If you have the $1,500 and it won't hurt you too much to pay it, you'd be better off breaking the least, moving and alleviating the stress. When you're awake at 4 in the morning because you're worried about something, your health will suffer.

I'd rather feel the temporary sting of paying the money than to spend the next several months worrying about how or if I'll make it to work on time.

Sure hope things work out for you soon so you'll be able to relax. Stress is so bad on the body.
Thanks for the feedback ... I'm feeling a bit calmer but still nervous about this. Although I do have the money in my savings, I think I need to be conservative and not spend it as my jobs are not very stable. I just have to be observant and pray that my bus access does not get interrupted. I can deal with the traffic congestion just not losing my bus access.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:36 PM

19,263 posts, read 16,777,287 times
I totally understand. When your only means of transportation evaporates, it's a pretty scary feeling. There are probably others in your area who rely on the bus, too. Most likely, the city will make some sort of arrangement so residents don't lose it.

Keeping good thoughts it works out A-OK.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:15 PM

22,414 posts, read 29,539,202 times
Hey Chat, is there any type of carpooling service in CA?? There's some in Fl here. Maybe that would help allievate some stress??

Old 03-16-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Hey Chat, is there any type of carpooling service in CA?? There's some in Fl here. Maybe that would help allievate some stress??
Not from where I live to where I work (40+ miles away) ... I'm using a carpool to get to one of my jobs but need the bus to meet up with the carpool. Besides, people who drive will try to avoid the area if it's going to be congested with construction.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:18 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,928,920 times
Wonderful weather here which means we can enjoy the fresh air and have the doors & windows opened. However the only problem is that this comes with pollen season and my allergies are killing me.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:42 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,288,314 times
Quote:
Wonderful weather here which means we can enjoy the fresh air and have the doors & windows opened. However the only problem is that this comes with pollen season and my allergies are killing me.
Wow! I heard that sneeze all the way over here! Bless you, aks. And you're not alone.....

Old 03-18-2013, 04:47 PM

19,263 posts, read 16,777,287 times
Don't know if this is a rant or a vent but it's bull- for sure!

It seems I've been drinking contaminated water. According to a letter I received in today's mail, the water in our area is contaminated with high levels of trihalomethane (TTHM) for short. This sampling of water was taken from April 18, 2012 until January 17, 2013 and during that time period, the system exceeded the standard of maximum contaminant level for TTHM.

While they tell me not to worry because they are working on correcting it and should have it done in three months, I'd like to know why I'm receiving a letter in March 2013 telling me to beware, when the they had information the levels of TTHM were high in April 2012?

I am not amused. In fact, I'm livid that the city took it's sweet time to inform us of this problem. I wouldn't mind paying these ever-increasing water rates, as long as I knew the water was safe to drink. Now I have to worry about liver, kidney and central nervous system problems as well as an increased risk of cancer. Well that's just dandy!

So what good does it do to eat healthy, exercise and drink a lot of water, if the water is the thing that's going to kill ya????

I think I need a large double chocolate milk shake right now.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Don't know if this is a rant or a vent but it's bull- for sure!

It seems I've been drinking contaminated water. According to a letter I received in today's mail, the water in our area is contaminated with high levels of trihalomethane (TTHM) for short. This sampling of water was taken from April 18, 2012 until January 17, 2013 and during that time period, the system exceeded the standard of maximum contaminant level for TTHM.

While they tell me not to worry because they are working on correcting it and should have it done in three months, I'd like to know why I'm receiving a letter in March 2013 telling me to beware, when the they had information the levels of TTHM were high in April 2012?

I am not amused. In fact, I'm livid that the city took it's sweet time to inform us of this problem. I wouldn't mind paying these ever-increasing water rates, as long as I knew the water was safe to drink. Now I have to worry about liver, kidney and central nervous system problems as well as an increased risk of cancer. Well that's just dandy!

So what good does it do to eat healthy, exercise and drink a lot of water, if the water is the thing that's going to kill ya????

I think I need a large double chocolate milk shake right now.
That's awful ... If folks develop complications due to drinking the contaminated water, I would sue the city. Keep this letter but I pray that no health issues develop. This is why I drink and cook with bottled water - the water/pipes are questionable and no one wants to take any responsibility in my area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics