Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 03:42 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,144,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I’ve got a Canon printer that came with a cable. It’s connected to the router and works well with the desktop pc. However, Mrs Aks bought an Ipad and now I’m trying to get it to work with the Canon via way of the Airprint that doesn’t require any cables. Airprint is available with this model printer but for some reason I can’t get the Ipad to talk with the Canon printer. Or the printer isn’t listening to the Ipad?

Headaches nothing but headaches.
The all-in-one without the USB cable was a Cannon ... At least yours came with the freakin' cable. I did not appreciate having to pay $20 for something that should have been supplied. Oh well ... At least it's working. Hopefully, you can get your up and running, Aks.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:56 PM

861 posts, read 1,467,030 times
I hate sore throats...

The other symptoms that come with colds don't bother me but I can't stand sore throats. No beuno.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:59 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,306,598 times
I'm a tolerate person in fact some say I let things go to long which I am sure could be possible at times or with certain folks.

It really chaps my lips when some folks say ill things or condescending when trying to control others thoughts, words or conversations. Just because you say or do things differently than them doesn't make their way or them better than you. It gets old when the same person is trying to control e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g because nobody can like them. Then thinks saying they didn't mean it will make it all OK only to keep doing it in another situation where a crowd is gathered.

Thank you for letting me vent that.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM

24,740 posts, read 26,344,038 times
Quote:
I’ve got a Canon printer that came with a cable. It’s connected to the router and works well with the desktop pc. However, Mrs Aks bought an Ipad and now I’m trying to get it to work with the Canon via way of the Airprint that doesn’t require any cables. Airprint is available with this model printer but for some reason I can’t get the Ipad to talk with the Canon printer. Or the printer isn’t listening to the Ipad?

Headaches nothing but headaches.
Aks, have you tried this?

Apple - Support - iPad - AirPrint Assistant

Old 02-25-2013, 04:55 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,107,321 times
^^^ Thanks for the link info. Yes, I've tried everything they said to look for, both before and I rechecked again from the list of things on that link. Still nothing printing. I'm going to work with it more later,,,,,, after I first put the hammer away.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:00 PM

24,740 posts, read 26,344,038 times
Quote:
^^^ Thanks for the link info. Yes, I've tried everything they said to look for, both before and I rechecked again from the list of things on that link. Still nothing printing. I'm going to work with it more later,,,,,, after I first put the hammer away.
Let us know what you find out.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,357,847 times
Aks, my thought is that one of the machines is male, the other female....hence, lack of communication between the two.

Just my thoughts, for whatever purpose they might serve, if any.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 PM

^^^
This is new technology NMS, it’s not plug and play like a few years ago. LOL (not that plug and pay has anything to do with male and female machines) It’s this new airprint stuff, and my first time with an apple ipad. Well actually Mrs. Aks’s ipad, she only wants me to make it work and tell her how to use it.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:06 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,357,847 times
I dunno, aks...still seems like lack of communication to me.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:17 PM

I felt bad this morning having to go with Mrs. Aks for her appointment at the apple store in town where she had setup a one hour training class with them. I didn’t want to go,, you know it’s a man thing ~ who wants to take a training class, right!

So here we are at a large table with other white, grey, and blue haired seniors who are all trying to figure out just what they bought and why? All they wanted was information on how to turn the damn thing on and what was it that they could use the ipad for? The young instructor of this class had to roll his eyes back several times with many of the questions that came from those who fumbled the ipad machines, even when they continued tapping the screen to see if they could get something else would work or happen. It reminded me of kindergarten, where all I wanted to do was get under the desk and lay down on my small rug that we each had. If I could have cried my eyes out to help get me out of this class I would have, but no such luck ~ Mrs Aks was right there beside me.

That ended up being an hour of my life that I’ll never get back. Lesson learned,,,,, “don’t go to training classes on things you don’t want to know about”. I came home and turned on my windows pc machine and the world got better…………………
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics