Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,166,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
Another family death due to cancer here in the midwest. Hubby's uncle, whose wife died just a year ago from cancer, passed from cancer yesterday. This uncle was not only a relative, but a good friend as he was in our age category. Cancer.....hmmmmmmpppff

Is it the chemicals which are put on the fields here in the farmlands of America? Is something getting in the water supply? Too many cancer related incidents in our area not to wander. Today will be busy and tomorrow a sad day as we gather for the funeral. Say a little prayer for his journey.
I'm sorry for your loss. I believe there are toxins that are causing so much cancer. Where I am from has the largest number of cancer cases in that whole state. My BIL developed a rare form of cancer that only affects a small number of the population. When they tested his blood he had high amounts of arsenic in his system. No one has any idea where it came from. At one point they actually asked him if he had a good marriage and if by any chance could his wife (my SIL) be poisoning him! My BIL was engineer and worked in an office setting so we wasnt exposed to chemicals, however most of his family that live by him all developed cancer, rare kinds but of different types. Scary stuff.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:25 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,920,491 times
Quote:
Another family death due to cancer here in the midwest. Hubby's uncle, whose wife died just a year ago from cancer, passed from cancer yesterday. This uncle was not only a relative, but a good friend as he was in our age category. Cancer.....hmmmmmmpppff

Is it the chemicals which are put on the fields here in the farmlands of America? Is something getting in the water supply? Too many cancer related incidents in our area not to wander. Today will be busy and tomorrow a sad day as we gather for the funeral. Say a little prayer for his journey.
I'm getting tired of the word cancer. My niece died earlier this year, my sister is in her last chemo treatment, my mother in law is now doing well after her operation, all from cancer. Last week I found out that one of my friends now has prostrate cancer and they don't know what to do yet at the VA hospital.

I agree with you, there's something WRONG with what's happening in this country. Chemicals seem to have become a BIG part of our lives anymore.........

Old 04-10-2013, 08:32 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,401,892 times
Caring for the neighbors horses while they are on vacation lets me have first hand experience with the fun of removing frozen road apples from ice and snow.........
(Yes, I will trade sunshine, no dust, for snow.)

Old 04-10-2013, 08:41 AM

^^^ LOL "Stay safe and warm".......

Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,284,112 times
Quote:

So sorry for you loss!!! I share your concerns about the chemicals. We have a very high cancer rate in our rural area as well.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:42 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,211,947 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsmith680 View Post
Caring for the neighbors horses while they are on vacation lets me have first hand experience with the fun of removing frozen road apples from ice and snow.........
(Yes, I will trade sunshine, no dust, for snow.)
My condolences for your loss. I'm from a rural area that has a high rate of cancer as well as my mother & gma dying from cancer. It has to be all the chemicals we are exposed to and preservatives in our foods we have unregulated imports that we as consumers purchase. It doesn't have to be a food item you can get exposure from paint on items too.

Yet when folks try to buy or grow chemical, antibiotic free foods we are considered kooky, ridiculous alarmist.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,096,005 times
Thanks to all for the kind thoughts for our family.

Since this uncle is the same age as us, he was more like a brother....and his wife was my best friend....when his wife/my best friend died of cancer it was one week before my sister died from Alzheimers at age 57. What a horrible year that was. Now we have lost another best friend.

And of course my kids' dad (my ex) has just been diagnosed with cancer so I will, before long, have to support the kids when he passes on. CANCER is a dirty word!

Today we will celebrate his life! Thanks again.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:43 PM

Default Get off that phone call.............................................. ......................

Phone calls! Why is it that just when I have many other things I want to do today and places I need to go, Mrs Aks has to be on a special long hour plus phone call?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:02 PM

23,267 posts, read 29,118,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I'm getting tired of the word cancer. My niece died earlier this year, my sister is in her last chemo treatment, my mother in law is now doing well after her operation, all from cancer. Last week I found out that one of my friends now has prostrate cancer and they don't know what to do yet at the VA hospital.

I agree with you, there's something WRONG with what's happening in this country. Chemicals seem to have become a BIG part of our lives anymore.........
I have pondered this cancer issue for years, just using common sense, and what ifs!

What if any of us came up with a cure pill for cancer this very day? Ever thought about that, and all the jobs that would be destroyed as a result of it?

Would you even feel safe coming forward to meet the international press with your discovery? Would you then go into hiding? Fearful for your life?

Many times I've thought that someone has already come up with a cure for cancer (perhaps a pharmaceutical company) and is keeping the secret well-hidden. And, it could be something so simple, it may blow us all away!

I meditate also on someone coming up with a pill where you don't have to eat anymore. Again, one must always think of jobs being lost!

Old 04-12-2013, 08:56 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,257,882 times
We do serious and intense searching for side effects of prescriptions, right? With all my searching, not until today have I come across the fact that Symbicort (budesonide plus formoterol fumarate) causes cataracts and glaucoma. I have been taking it for at least three years to help with bronchitis/bronchial asthma and my last eye exam revealed cataract in one eye. I now need glasses to drive.

I'm taking myself off of Symbicort and using L-Carnosine (not to be confused with L-carnitine) eye drops and supplements to try and reverse the damage. I sure hope it works since cataract surgery isn't cheap. Research shows that cataracts really can be reversed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics