Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 12:11 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,439,063 times

Advertisements

I hadn't seen a friend in quite a while, maybe about 5 or 6 years, so we decided to get together again. We agreed to meet at a park, not realizing it would be so windy and cold. Well I got off so he would see me and waited and waited and waited. 45 minutes later, I gave up and finally called him. Turns out that he did show up and saw me, but didn't recognize me, so he left.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:26 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,898,206 times
All the sale ads in the Sunday newspaper! Seems when I read the small print at the bottom of the page it say “limited quantity”, or “ten items only”, thus when you do go shopping the items aren’t there for you to buy. Good way to get you into the store but that’s about all.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:01 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,427,685 times
Companys that call and when you pick the phone up you get this..

Your call is very important to us please hold on the line and someone will be with you in a moment.
If it was so important why dont you have a human being call??

Old 11-22-2010, 12:36 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,003,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
lol I agree,,,, maybe we can all get together in the morning and have some coffee together.
That would work.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:45 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,729,361 times
Debt collection companies who repeatedly call your cell phone number, "Hi, this is so and so. Your file has come across my desk and I have been trying to reach you. It is very important that you contact my office immediately!" I've never given my cell number out....I do not have ANY debt, therefore, NO file of mine has recently come across his/her desk!! I found the number (s) online and discovered it was for a debt collection service. I contacted their office, via my land phone line, let them know the situation, told them to STOP calling my cell phone number. They didn't call or leave a message for 2 weeks. The phone calls/voice messages then resumed on a regular basis! Grrrrr!

Old 11-22-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
Companys that call and when you pick the phone up you get this..

Your call is very important to us please hold on the line and someone will be with you in a moment.
If it was so important why dont you have a human being call??
Yeah.....they don't even have to finish talking...LOL "CLICK". Yeah, you're gonna try to sell me something...I don't think so. As you said, too..it can't be too important if they're having the computer call, eh?

Old 11-22-2010, 01:50 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,003,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Yeah.....they don't even have to finish talking...LOL "CLICK". Yeah, you're gonna try to sell me something...I don't think so. As you said, too..it can't be too important if they're having the computer call, eh?
Many companies use automated (computer) dialing. Of course, it's way faster than manual dialing.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 PM

23,226 posts, read 29,071,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Debt collection companies who repeatedly call your cell phone number, "Hi, this is so and so. Your file has come across my desk and I have been trying to reach you. It is very important that you contact my office immediately!" I've never given my cell number out....I do not have ANY debt, therefore, NO file of mine has recently come across his/her desk!! I found the number (s) online and discovered it was for a debt collection service. I contacted their office, via my land phone line, let them know the situation, told them to STOP calling my cell phone number. They didn't call or leave a message for 2 weeks. The phone calls/voice messages then resumed on a regular basis! Grrrrr!
This appears to be a hopeless predicament, so alleviate your stress with some good laughs and give them a call.

"Hello, this is beachmel, sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I've been very busy. I had to take both my Bentley and Rolls in for routine service checks, half of my 40 servants want a pay raise and I've been in negotiations with them, they all want to join me and my wife on an upcoming world cruise, I've just had some plumbers inspect the faucets in 40 of the bathrooms in my mansion, and, and, and!"

Old 11-22-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
This appears to be a hopeless predicament, so alleviate your stress with some good laughs and give them a call.

"Hello, this is beachmel, sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I've been very busy. I had to take both my Bentley and Rolls in for routine service checks, half of my 40 servants want a pay raise and I've been in negotiations with them, they all want to join me and my wife on an upcoming world cruise, I've just had some plumbers inspect the faucets in 40 of the bathrooms in my mansion, and, and, and!"
Oops, I was repping the greatness of your post, but my pinkie nail hit the enter key. Sorry! Anyhoooooow! Awesome and hilarious post. Thanks for the chuckles tijlover.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:23 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Many companies use automated (computer) dialing. Of course, it's way faster than manual dialing.
Who cares if it is faster ... The key in making the decisions to utilize this type of technology is whether it will be effective! Does not matter how many numbers you can call within an hour but how many actual sales or responses you will get. Automated calling just annoys people and leads to hang ups! Never understood why businesses and debt collectors would even employ such a useless tactic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics