Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 04:15 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,039,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Swish with alcohol I'm sure you can find some.....

My stress is from women picking on me all day long!
Ah, poor satx56

Old 06-27-2010, 09:17 PM

23,297 posts, read 29,154,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Seems like there’s more bad news and sadness coming from the Gulf area again today. Seems there’s no end to this disaster.
What we need to do is start an unhappy thread to balance out the happy thread, like what made you sad today?

Old 06-27-2010, 10:03 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,348,463 times
It is a heavy thing indeed what's going down in the Gulf... Greed and takers bring dreams down, down to the depth, darkening rainbows, leaving rocks and stealing gold- raping minds and devastating souls, shutting doors on the masses. Promising answers as the time passes, taking away hope and killing dreams in oil from the ocean's floor. It is a heavy thing indeed

Old 06-28-2010, 01:35 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,092,672 times
For those that read my last venting post (boss too cheap for AC), we've been having to keep the doors open just to get some air going through, but now we're having bug problems at my pizzeria as a result of this. Let's hope he isn't too cheap for an exterminator

Old 06-28-2010, 07:02 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,291,016 times
Oh, twista, that's awful. "I'll have the Pizza Supreme, hold the 'skeeters, please."

I actually have two rants this a.m.

First, we just had some excitement. I had some laundry in and it was making some sort of gawd awful noise that it had never made before. Well, DH and I have had an ongoing struggle for 15 years now. He expects me to check his pockets whenever I put clothes in the wash. I expect him to take anything out of his pockets when he puts his clothes in the laundry bin. Well, a handful of screws were in his work shorts and they were all thru the machine. Luckily, the heads were big enough, they got stuck and didn't go into the mechanism itself. Of course, it's all my fault. Not going to be a good day, I can tell.

Second, about 2 years ago, DH decided we needed a new vacuum. We went together to choose one. I had in mind a nice upright. But, no....."Look at these canisters, honey, they're so much better than an upright." He pushed, he prodded, he cajoled.... The sales lady even started arguing with me which one was better. Well, my mother had a canister years ago and I hated it. I hate vacuuming as it it, but it's even worse with a canister IMO. They finally wore me down. I got so tired of arguing, I said, "fine. Get the canister." Hubby says, "Don't worry, if you don't like it, I'll do ALL the vacuuming." Yeh. Right. Of course, I have to tell him the carpets need vacuuming. So this morning, he has a list of chores to do and he started to vac and I told him I'd finish. That stupid thing is such a PITA to use, it puts me in a really nasty mood every time I use it. But I made a really big rant one day and told him that I'd never rant about it again, but I needed to vent at that particular moment that it was the absolute worst vac I've ever used and I hate, hate, HATE the dam thing. Since I can't vent to him about it any more, I thought I'd come on here.

Whew! Thank you, I feel SOOO much better now!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:05 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,039,322 times
NMS - Rant away! Let er rip! I agree with the canister vacs = bad news. Isn't it nice to have CD to be able to "unload" these kinds of things

Old 06-28-2010, 08:45 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,934,738 times
^^ NMS

I feel the pain of the vacuum problem. I’d simply make a shopping trip by myself, buy the upright that I wanted, and let him use his canister and I’d use my upright. Never to talk about that issue again. It’s madding when you have wants and needs but can’t enjoy the item you know you want. Mrs Aks and I have two vacs one can roll around and one upright. I love the upright. You can always sell the canister on Craigslist, just a thought.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:50 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
For those that read my last venting post (boss too cheap for AC), we've been having to keep the doors open just to get some air going through, but now we're having bug problems at my pizzeria as a result of this. Let's hope he isn't too cheap for an exterminator
New toppings on the pie

Old 06-28-2010, 09:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,291,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ NMS

I feel the pain of the vacuum problem. I’d simply make a shopping trip by myself, buy the upright that I wanted, and let him use his canister and I’d use my upright. Never to talk about that issue again. It’s madding when you have wants and needs but can’t enjoy the item you know you want. Mrs Aks and I have two vacs one can roll around and one upright. I love the upright. You can always sell the canister on Craigslist, just a thought.
Thanks for the idea, but, you see, I'm rather on the "frugal" side and refuse to get rid of a vac that works, even tho it ticks me off to no end, and buy a new one. Believe me, that discussion was held.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:01 PM

23,297 posts, read 29,154,987 times
Went to work the other night and found a new patient in one of my rooms at this rehab/LT care facility. A 22 YO woman so morbidly obese she can't stand, walk to the bathroom, can't even recline flat in bed, sits there like a bhudda, too fat for them to even do a Cat-scan on her.

She's not the first I've seen like this.

Holy Cow! Where else, but in this great country, can you eat, eat, eat,
fill up like a baloon, become ineligible to work, and Medicaid comes along like a big giant parachute and blesses you for your self-destructive behavior!

And, on top of that, she's very demanding!

Please! I refuse to divulge the thoughts that come to my head everytime I walk in that room to answer her call lite. You'd have me arrested!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics