Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 03:04 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,306,598 times

Advertisements

At least you can get into your yard I just took a walk around ours it is still to marshy to clean up and we need to mow in some spots.

I agree about Ma Nature not being happy with us.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:20 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,413,012 times
I offer to anyone who wants it, the foot of snow still on the ground here. Some of it is melting in my boot.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:58 PM

You can keep your MI snow I just heard an updated forecast for us on Friday we are going back to 40s with more rain and even below freezing in some areas. Mind you it was 76º here today 67º yesterday!

Old 04-09-2013, 04:06 PM

126,576 posts, read 19,344,079 times
Unbelievable Thursday we are getting 10 cm SNOW Tonight again dangerous thunder / lightening and rain storm and tomorrow even some ice pellets.What have we done?

Old 04-09-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Unbelievable Thursday we are getting 10 cm SNOW Tonight again dangerous thunder / lightening and rain storm and tomorrow even some ice pellets.What have we done?
We've really ticked off Mother Nature with the way we have treated earth. You're not alone we are all have whacky, whacky weather Alm.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:07 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,252,883 times
Just over all rotten day. My work is very stressful and competitive. The type of job where from day one, you wonder if you will make it. Everyone knows your business because the company wants it that way. Its suppose to encourage you and work harder. Im not really a competitive person by nature and a lot of my co workers are. All our stats and so forth are published so people see how well you are doing and on the flip, how bad you are doing. Anytime you apply for a promotion, people know it (because the managers tell everyone) so when you dont get it, its somewhat of a mini failure. So you go through a week or so of answering the question "did you get the job?" ahh no...no I did not. sigh. So I didnt get a promotion a few weeks ago. I was disappointed because it suits my personality being behind the scenes but to get there you have to met nearly impossible stats all the time. They only go by a specific time frame also, so you could have a fantastic 6 month period but if no opportunities are available at that time it doesnt really help you. Of course my stats were awesome a few months ago, lately Ive been "struggling". I have a 100% customer sat. rate which beats everyone on my team of 30 people BUT I spend too much time with my customers.

So anyway....today was my first year mark and along with others on a team I belong to. One of the women on the team emailed our first boss to let her know how far we have come. She included everyone in on her email. She listed all of our names and where we landed over the year. Something I felt was really not her place to do. She put everyone in a list of various position moves and promotions and then of course the last category with my name listed along with a few others. I get she is proud of herself but come on...need an ego boost? How about just emailing the former boss telling her how far SHE has come. I found this especially annoying because she was one of the people on the team that was constantly stressed out and even had crying fits at work. She would come to me for advice. I guess I did a good job on that. Then I meet with my current manager who has never done my job but its her job to critique everything I should work on. Its a once a month thing. She is an alright person but its very annoying when someone is giving you pointers and not even using the correct terminology (because she really has no clue on what my job entails). Also for some reason she constantly mistakes me for someone else on the team. How is your daughter? Umm...don't have one? Ive told her this multiple times. So I felt annoyed all day.

I get off work and go to my dentist appt to work on a crown. I had a root canal a couple of years ago. A tooth that wasnt even bothering me. They warned me it would be the worst part. For me it was nothing so I was not expecting the pain I went through today to prep for the post. The easy part they said. The dental assistant was heavy handed and I cant count how many times she banged my teeth with the sucker thing. Then she put some gel on my cheek to help numb for the impending shot which she used too much, it went down my throat and all of a sudden I felt like I couldnt breath or swallow. So they rushed to rinse out my mouth. The shot hit a nerve that made my ear drum feel like it had been pierced. My ear was numb along with my right eye. I couldnt blink. Then they messed up on something, they didnt clarify so they had to start over. Nothing like having your mouth open for an hour and half straight and them yanking on my jaw. By the time I left I felt emotionally and physically exhausted. So I made the mistake of writing on facebook that I had a bad day. My sister the biggest drama queen I have ever met and is ALWAYS having a crisis chewed me out for not being happy I woke up alive today. Really?

Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,107,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsmith680 View Post
I offer to anyone who wants it, the foot of snow still on the ground here. Some of it is melting in my boot.
I've got a foot of dust that blew in from the west that I'll trade for the moisture.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:29 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,118,248 times
Another family death due to cancer here in the midwest. Hubby's uncle, whose wife died just a year ago from cancer, passed from cancer yesterday. This uncle was not only a relative, but a good friend as he was in our age category. Cancer.....hmmmmmmpppff

Is it the chemicals which are put on the fields here in the farmlands of America? Is something getting in the water supply? Too many cancer related incidents in our area not to wander. Today will be busy and tomorrow a sad day as we gather for the funeral. Say a little prayer for his journey.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:51 AM

126,576 posts, read 19,344,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
Another family death due to cancer here in the midwest. Hubby's uncle, whose wife died just a year ago from cancer, passed from cancer yesterday. This uncle was not only a relative, but a good friend as he was in our age category. Cancer.....hmmmmmmpppff

Is it the chemicals which are put on the fields here in the farmlands of America? Is something getting in the water supply? Too many cancer related incidents in our area not to wander. Today will be busy and tomorrow a sad day as we gather for the funeral. Say a little prayer for his journey.
I am very sorry for your loss rural chick....

Old 04-10-2013, 06:13 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,293,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post

I'm sorry for the loss, rural chick.

There are so many health issues along with cancer the last fifty years. Our air is polluted and there are so many things in crops, processed foods and water that are harmful and the lies continue. It's hard to figure out what to do about it except try to grow all the foods we eat. Even then, we have to worry with keeping the land clean. Just seeing the things mixed up in a bag of garden soil gives me the creeps, bits and pieces of things that tell me the soil came from a dump site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics