Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 02:52 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,941,566 times

Advertisements

Yesterday we (Mrs Aks & I) went to one of her favorite restaurants for lunch. I found a spot to park the SUV and off we went to get some food. After enjoying more than we needed to eat we headed back out to the SUV and that’s when I found out why the parking spot was available so close to the restaurants front door. It’s located direct under a large tree; one where all the birds in the area love to come and rest on branches. However they also like to drop their dropping on those who part under their branch. The car was covered with white and black runny wastes from those birds. So off to the carwash I went before heading home.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,178,777 times
I love Pottery Barn. One of my favorite stores. I normally buy my items via catalog because the closest stores to me are 2 hrs away. There are 2 stores actually, both equally the same distance just in different directions. I have a PB card that earns me points and I recently racked up over a 100 dollars in points. Yeah, free stuff. The problem is you cant use them via catalog which stinks. So a couple of times a year I make the drive. This time around we chose to go to the other store which is located in a major city in an upscale area. I was looking forward to it because this store is much larger but its a hassle. The traffic is horrific.

I was pretty disappointed in how I was treated by the store employees. They were snooty and rude. I got the impression they felt I shouldnt be in there. Now not to brag or anything but there is not one single item in that store I cant afford to buy, I am just a savvy shopper and refuse to pay certain prices for things. I inquired about a lamp I saw and the sales girl actually gave me a long once over from head to toe. She then told me the price with a tone like she just told me the lamp was a million dollars. It really ticked me off. I made my purchases and on the way out my husband said he didnt get a good vibe either. What a shame because the store was beautiful. I think the next trip will be back to the other store where the staff are welcoming and helpful.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:08 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,059,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I love Pottery Barn. One of my favorite stores. I normally buy my items via catalog because the closest stores to me are 2 hrs away. There are 2 stores actually, both equally the same distance just in different directions. I have a PB card that earns me points and I recently racked up over a 100 dollars in points. Yeah, free stuff. The problem is you cant use them via catalog which stinks. So a couple of times a year I make the drive. This time around we chose to go to the other store which is located in a major city in an upscale area. I was looking forward to it because this store is much larger but its a hassle. The traffic is horrific.

I was pretty disappointed in how I was treated by the store employees. They were snooty and rude. I got the impression they felt I shouldnt be in there. Now not to brag or anything but there is not one single item in that store I cant afford to buy, I am just a savvy shopper and refuse to pay certain prices for things. I inquired about a lamp I saw and the sales girl actually gave me a long once over from head to toe. She then told me the price with a tone like she just told me the lamp was a million dollars. It really ticked me off. I made my purchases and on the way out my husband said he didnt get a good vibe either. What a shame because the store was beautiful. I think the next trip will be back to the other store where the staff are welcoming and helpful.
I can't stand snooty folks like that. Yeah, I'd just avoid that particular location in the future and maybe complain about the treatment to headquarters.

BTW: How is the situation with the ID Theft and your bank?

Old 01-07-2013, 12:34 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,178,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I can't stand snooty folks like that. Yeah, I'd just avoid that particular location in the future and maybe complain about the treatment to headquarters.

BTW: How is the situation with the ID Theft and your bank?
I got my money back in a quick fashion after everything cleared. The detective on the case has pretty much forgot about me. I talked to him a few times and although he was sympathetic he was also disinterested. I did my own detective work and a few of the stores were very forthcoming with their information. One store even has her on camera, provided me with the transaction number and the register she was at. I told the detective and he gave me some excuse on waiting to hear but then said even if he got a video, that doesnt mean he could find out who she is. I knew then it was going to be filed in the round can.

Personally I think this sort of theft is so common because everyone knows that people are protected from the bank, stores have insurance and it all just gets swept under the rug. I told the detective that this woman has done this before. He asked why I would think this. Well...its obvious she knew she had a limited amount of time to make purchases. She went crazy with the card immediately after getting it and stopped within an hour. She had to have done this before. Also she used her kids as an excuse. One store told me they asked for her ID and she said that she was so distracted with the kid she forgot it. They did the transaction anyway. She knew what she was doing and was slick about it. So pretty much, it looks like nothing is going to happen.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:56 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,059,104 times
Quote:
I got my money back in a quick fashion after everything cleared. The detective on the case has pretty much forgot about me. I talked to him a few times and although he was sympathetic he was also disinterested. I did my own detective work and a few of the stores were very forthcoming with their information. One store even has her on camera, provided me with the transaction number and the register she was at. I told the detective and he gave me some excuse on waiting to hear but then said even if he got a video, that doesnt mean he could find out who she is. I knew then it was going to be filed in the round can.

Personally I think this sort of theft is so common because everyone knows that people are protected from the bank, stores have insurance and it all just gets swept under the rug. I told the detective that this woman has done this before. He asked why I would think this. Well...its obvious she knew she had a limited amount of time to make purchases. She went crazy with the card immediately after getting it and stopped within an hour. She had to have done this before. Also she used her kids as an excuse. One store told me they asked for her ID and she said that she was so distracted with the kid she forgot it. They did the transaction anyway. She knew what she was doing and was slick about it. So pretty much, it looks like nothing is going to happen.
That really sucks but thank God, you were able to get your money back quickly. My heart went out to you when you mentioned this a few months back.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:27 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,098,718 times
Quote:

That sucks.....I detest bad treatment in stores.....sometimes young clerks resent having to work and take it out on the customer.

I'll tell you a true story about a famous professional basketball player's mother who lived in Central Illinois. The basketball player's mother was a very nice black lady who was just down to earth (her other son was my mail person at work). The basketball player gave her lots of money but she chose to dress in clothes which she purchased off the rack.

The basketball player told his mother he wanted her to go purchase a new Mercedes and to go to the local dealer. She went to the dealer and was looking around. The person who came up to talk to her asked her what she wanted.....she said she wanted to buy a new Mercedes....he told her they didn't have anything in the store that she could afford and turned and walked away from her. Needless to say the basketball player was furious and they went to a different dealer about 30 miles away and paid cash for a new Mercedes.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:22 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,450,670 times
Need a new tailgate for car, reversed into a wall.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:23 AM

36,472 posts, read 16,075,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Need a new tailgate for car, reversed into a wall.
Oh no...oops!!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,098,718 times
2013 has started out so badly for me already. During the last week, I not only was told I have to have knee replacement on March 1 but my mammogram showed up with something so I'm going in tomorrow to get an ultrasound. Wow I can't wait for 2014 to get here.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,523,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
2013 has started out so badly for me already. During the last week, I not only was told I have to have knee replacement on March 1 but my mammogram showed up with something so I'm going in tomorrow to get an ultrasound. Wow I can't wait for 2014 to get here.
Sorry things are going that way for you. I was asked again this morning when I got a cortisone injection how soon I thought I would give in to knee replacements. We just aren't sure which one to do first.

Praying things come out OK with that ultrasound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics